Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → halo 3!!!
halo 3!!!
2005-01-23, 12:32 PM #41
that's because probably 90% of the halo fanboys (i said fanboys not "people who simply like the game") are console kiddies who never played a FPS (or possibly any M rated game) before Halo so they 'run' around the internet posting in all caps "HALO IS TEH GREATEST GAEM EVAR LOL!!!111"

I would go as far as to say 'must have for xbox owners' (since the pc version kinda has that asstastic framerate problem) because really... it is... even with the flaws it had it was still a good game but far from "TEH GREATEST GAEM EVAR LOL!!!111"
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-23, 12:38 PM #42
The PC version blows in multiple ways. The only real reason to have it is if you'd never played it on Xbox and wanted to play the campaign. That's the only good reason to have it. Multiplayer was murdered in a number of different ways, and like you said, it's not very friendly in terms of system requirements and framerate.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-23, 12:57 PM #43
I never had much of a problem with framerate or anything. My ran just fine and I'm got a 30mb geforce 2. I un-installed it because I've got a 56k and the single play has no replay value.

Speaking of which, does the higher the number or what brand determine how good your graphics card is?
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2005-01-23, 1:04 PM #44
Halo runs great on the PC for me...

I don't play it though, because people get tired of me playing blood gulch and running them over a thousand times.
2005-01-23, 1:45 PM #45
you obviously aren't looking at your framerate compared to your system specs and the actual visuals in the game... for what the game is giving you visually it should run MUCH faster
2005-01-23, 1:51 PM #46
Meh, I didn't notice any game hindering slow downs or choppyness.
2005-01-23, 4:20 PM #47
When I had a GeForce 2, Halo PC slowed down to a crawl whenever there were any "plasma" effects; like when the plamsa gun overheated...

Otherwise, it was okay, except for some flickery lighting and the fact that I had to run it at 640*480
Stuff
2005-01-23, 4:28 PM #48
I've never played either campaign, save for th beginnings. Someone explain this 'flood' concept to me please?
2005-01-23, 4:46 PM #49
http://halo.bungie.org/flood/
2005-01-23, 5:27 PM #50
they go boom in 2 with the sword... kkekekekekkekeke so fun
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!