Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Universal Studios...I got the job!
Universal Studios...I got the job!
2005-01-24, 4:52 PM #1
Yay! Massassi i'm pumped. I went in on friday to the cineplex at universal studios, and ending up meeting the head manager of all the managers. Anywho they had said they were accepting applications but not hiring, so I mentioned I worked at another theatre, when they asked which their eyes started sparkling when it just so happened to be the rival theatre.

They had me come in today for an interview. I met with him again, he told me about the benefits which are better, apparently the box office the machines are better, and i'm getting paid A LOT more. They askked when I could start, I said whenever they'd like so...I got work tomm. AH! lol

I've been running around all day getting things for my outfit to wear to work tomm.! lol

Anyways, my question would be, have any of you ever been hired really quickly?

Laura
2005-01-24, 5:00 PM #2
Went into Game (EB in the US) to buy Tony Hawk's 4 (or was is GTA:3? one of those two) on the day it came out. I actually went and bought it before uni just so I could play it the moment I got home! There was only one person in the shop, this guy who introduced himself as Henri. I'm pretty sure he asked me some 'so is that game for your boyfriend' question, to which I would have made some sarcastic feminist type comment. He then asked me if I had a job, I said no, he invited me back a couple of days later to fill in forms and discuss money and hours and voila, one part time job, no waiting.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-24, 5:01 PM #3
Yes, I asked my dad if he would hire me for the summer, and I got the job the next day.
2005-01-24, 5:03 PM #4
Interviewed Friday, trained Friday afternoon, first shift Monday morning.
2005-01-24, 5:03 PM #5
Too bad I'm not going to Florida this year. I would have been able to spot a Massassian in real life.
2005-01-24, 5:04 PM #6
I hate you all.

I want a job :(

So I can have money, and not steal the parents money.
2005-01-24, 5:16 PM #7
I worked for a while, but my boss was a psycho. (This lady came in to ask if she could put up a poster for the mexican pride parade or something, and he went on a half hour tirade about how mexicans are the worst people on the planet)

So I quit, but he didnt take me off the schedule, so I worked for 2 weeks, because I figured he just needed me for the last two weeks of summer, then I told him I cant work anymore because of school, and he put me on the schedule again. So I just stopped coming in, and he told me I would never work in the store again... which was kind of my goal.

Anywho, Im probally not going to work again til the summer (Or the end of the year, whichever)
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-01-24, 5:16 PM #8
Its amazing how easy it is for women to get a job now...in fact if a study was done on regular part time job hirings after the post 9/11 economic crash I bet women would come out on top. Not to be sexist, just an observation really, 20 years ago this would be unheard of. The only reason I bring it up is my best friends girlfriend applied at a gamestop and got the job a week later when I had applied there before hearing nothing...I pity people who let petty sexual impulses drive their life decisions and business choices.

Reguardless, congrats on the new job :) let me in free next time im there ;)
"...Those living for death will die by their own hand, Life's no ordeal if you come to terms, Reject the system dictating the norms..."
2005-01-24, 5:20 PM #9
Congratulations, I hope you like working there.
2005-01-24, 5:26 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by JEDI-Salvation
Its amazing how easy it is for women to get a job now...in fact if a study was done on regular part time job hirings after the post 9/11 economic crash I bet women would come out on top. Not to be sexist, just an observation really, 20 years ago this would be unheard of. The only reason I bring it up is my best friends girlfriend applied at a gamestop and got the job a week later when I had applied there before hearing nothing...I pity people who let petty sexual impulses drive their life decisions and business choices.

I pity attractive women who can't get jobs. How stupid could they possibly be?

c l e a v a g e
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-24, 5:35 PM #11
I had to slog it out for my current job. I was working a crappy job being an office monkey, and in the meantime was really trying to get a job at this little design company (little, as in the whole company was one person). I kept leaving notes under his door when he wasn't in, messages on his phone etc for about two months. Finally he gets back to me and says "Ok i've got a project for you, you will be employed for about a month".

I accepted the offer for one months employment. It's over two years later now, and I'm still there!
2005-01-24, 5:36 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by JEDI-Salvation

Reguardless, congrats on the new job :) let me in free next time im there ;)

sure just lemme know u are from massassi and your nickname. I'll be glad to let u into the theatre for free. (they told me there are 2 other Laura's at the theatre, so I"m the 3rd, just make sure it's me and I got no prob. letting u in, or u and a friend. lol dont go overboard and bring lots cuz that cant happen i dont wanna lose my job)

As far as the parks go, we get extra free passes every so many months so that at the end of the year I think we end up with 12 free passes. to get friends or family in free to both universal and islands of adventure. and then my emp. pass is good for those parks as well as sea world and busch gardens :D

Laura

Edit: Thnx to everyone for the well wishes. And congrats to those of you who are starting new jobs:D Good luck. and to those who dont have 'em no worries I'm sure u'll find one soon :)
2005-01-24, 5:54 PM #13
All my lacrosse jobs, reffing and coaching have pretty much been "Nice to meet you. Welcome aboard." With reffing, I got the ref coordinator's number from my old coach, called him up, did a really quick "interview" and I was in. Now I'm, in my fourth year doing it and I'm one of the senior officials. I get first choice of the games I want to work and whoI want to work with.

With the coaching, my bother told me his high school team needed assistant coaches and I said I'd do it (It's the same head coach I had back when I was in high school).

Both great jobs. I love them.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-24, 5:56 PM #14
When i applied for teaching position, i was auditionned. and the next day i began giving my classes. this 3 weeks after i had moved out to my room in my new city.

now i have like 16 students. woot.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2005-01-24, 5:59 PM #15
I had a part time job for several years during high school. I worked at a vet's office. Nice people worked there, but I didn't get to work with them (I got to work with the mean people who hated their job and wanted to make you hate it too). Anyway, I cleaned animals' cages, walked dogs, cleaned dishes, did the laundry, cleaned the yard/parking lot, collected the trash and took it out, vaccumed and mopped all of the floors, and locked up at closing time. It paid $6.50 an hour if I can remember correctly. I hated it.
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-01-24, 6:04 PM #16
I usually only get hired by a company after weeks of harassing them via the telephone. I haven't had much luck finding an internship, so the harassment shall begin again, tomorrow.
2005-01-24, 6:10 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Stinkywrix
I hate you all.

I want a job :(

So I can have money, and not steal the parents money.

Seconded
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-01-24, 6:33 PM #18
Congrats hun! ... and I was hired and worked that day at Mcd's and at a telemarketing place...... not the best jobs...but money is money.
2005-01-24, 6:49 PM #19
I came up with a mockup design for my university's blog system homepage (it was actually a fairly poor design, about 20 minutes work), I posted it on my blog and got an email the same day from the IT people offering me a job doing webdesign.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-24, 8:19 PM #20
My job was advertised in the paper on the Saturday.
I sent in my CV and application letter on the Monday.
Interviewed on the Tuesday before lunch.
Recieved the call that I had gotten the job, about 5 mins after I returned home from the interview.
Started work on the Wednesday.
Seems quicker than I remember, but that's how it happened.

Btw, good luck with the new job. :)
"You want the truth?! You can't handle the truth!! No truth-handler you!! Bah!! I deride your truth-handling ability!!"
2005-01-24, 8:36 PM #21
It took me a day. Filed an application, next day interview/job offer.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-24, 10:05 PM #22
I got my job on the spot.
A year later I became supervisor.
I've also worked several other misc. types of jobs hired out by my boss. I've done some construction, maintenance, cleaning, etc, anything. The wage was still my crappy wage, but considering I also sit around for a couple hours doing nothing, and I'm have no supervision when doing this stuff, it was good deal.
2005-01-24, 11:11 PM #23
Congradulations!

So if/when I decided to come to FL to visit Universal Studios, will you provide hookups? Or at least good discounts on movie tickets?
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-24, 11:21 PM #24
OMG read! :p
Pissed Off?
2005-01-25, 5:11 AM #25
Congradulations Laura, I'm proud of ya.
2005-01-25, 5:20 AM #26
Congrats!
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-25, 8:11 AM #27
Congratulations!! Want to give me free tickets? :p

Me:
I've put in an application, been interviewed, and hired in less than a week.

I was also offered a job at a bank in the same time period..but between the time it took for my appliaction/interview and the call back (when they made the job offer), I had already applied and been hired elsewhere..lol

When I moved back to FL, I basically walked into my old store, applied again, and was rehired immediately.
woot!
2005-01-25, 9:18 AM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by JediGandalf
Congradulations!

So if/when I decided to come to FL to visit Universal Studios, will you provide hookups? Or at least good discounts on movie tickets?

Sure, if you come and lemme know you are from Massassi I'd be willing to give u free tickets and/or discounted in case a manager is there lol.

Same for you Cadet. Now as far as the parks go ehhh, I still gotta get my emp. pass and imma prob. save those for friends/family that live here. I know they are already excited about me taking them to the parks lol

Laura
2005-01-25, 9:32 AM #29
Nicely done Laura! If I ever get the cash together to go to FL again I'll swing by (me = poor right now).

My first job at Topman was a case of show up, do interview, hired on the spot, started the next morning.

Nice.
2005-01-25, 1:44 PM #30
Congrats on getting the job.

I go to Orlando every summer so I may just have to drop by this year.
2005-01-25, 1:51 PM #31
I'm fortunate enough to actually live in FL..so I'll have to drop by sometime..

I need a day off from everything anyways. :p
woot!
2005-01-25, 1:59 PM #32
oh u all i'm so nervous. (first day jitters)

I'm sitting here in my work outfit anticipating having to go to work. Ahh, tonight i'm working box office. i'm leaving in about half an hour cuz it takes me half an hour to get to the place. so that'll get me there a little before my scheduled work time.

I hope things go well. (inhale...exhale...happy thoughts) haha

Laura
2005-01-25, 2:00 PM #33
You'll do fine, just be yourself, you'll do great. :)
2005-01-25, 4:39 PM #34
Walmart took forever to get a job at. Just because they throw out resumes/apps every 40 days or so.

The paintball field was a natural occurance. After two years of showing up every weekend of the season, our crew was referred to as the "Mersey Crew", we were not just players anymore we were referees and keeping players in line, teaching them safety procedures....

Then this past year I was asked if I would officially become staff (along with 2 of my teammates), where we not only work the weekends but also weekdays. I'm the official webmaster for [url]www.merseyroad.com[/url] and I run 3 Scenario Games a year at the field. That includes registration, planning, and general insanity on game day :D
2005-01-25, 5:25 PM #35
I actually have a hard time just getting a dang interview. No job for me.

There was that time I was a telemarketer. It's not hard to get a job telemarketing. But I'll never be a telemarketer again. I'll die homeless if I must. It really sucks.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-25, 9:28 PM #36
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior
You'll do fine, just be yourself, you'll do great. :)

Thnx Everything went good. My first official day I guess is friday. The manager I talked to is basically the manager of all the managers, so basically the head honcho, so I guess when he said I was going to be working box office, he meant in general? Which is cool cuz it's the job I like.

Um met 3 other all going to my university one on the Jr. Varsity team that are working there. so we all have the same half hour drive to the theatre lol. So cool stuff. I guess today was orientation so all went smoothly. met some managers and team leads. it was good times. So I guess i didnt need to worry.

Laura

PS Dogsrool keep your head up i'm sure something will come along:)
2005-01-25, 9:57 PM #37
My mom got me a job at her work an office furniture installer. Paid very well, but I still did not like it. As for jobs, I'm probably contracting with ROTC and National Guard soon and the only job interviews I'll have to go through are the ones for rank advancement.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-01-25, 9:58 PM #38
ROTC=Ragnarok Online Total Conversion?
2005-01-26, 6:05 AM #39
Interview Friday afternoon, first shift Friday night.

Of course the job sucked horribly.
2005-01-26, 7:21 AM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by BoricuaDelight
Yay! Massassi i'm pumped. I went in on friday to the cineplex at universal studios, and ending up meeting the head manager of all the managers. Anywho they had said they were accepting applications but not hiring, so I mentioned I worked at another theatre, when they asked which their eyes started sparkling when it just so happened to be the rival theatre.

They had me come in today for an interview. I met with him again, he told me about the benefits which are better, apparently the box office the machines are better, and i'm getting paid A LOT more. They askked when I could start, I said whenever they'd like so...I got work tomm. AH! lol

I've been running around all day getting things for my outfit to wear to work tomm.! lol

Anyways, my question would be, have any of you ever been hired really quickly?

Laura

soooo.... explain what exactly you're gonna be doing... as far as i know, you're talking about machines that are better than something else and you're working at a theme park?
nope.

↑ Up to the top!