Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → train derailment
train derailment
2005-01-27, 11:50 PM #41
Quote:
Originally posted by Goit
I hate train wrecks because everyone baffles on about how trains are unsafe.

There are thousands of car crashes every day! It's just the fact that train crashes are well documented :(

But far more people get into a car every day than board a train, so its inherently more likely that there will be more car accidents. Trains are still safer than cars, but you cant just compare straight numbers.
2005-01-28, 12:29 AM #42
If the guy is insane, he should get help, obviously, but he should still be punished what happened.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-28, 5:09 AM #43
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
If the guy is insane, he should get help, obviously, but he should still be punished what happened.

Then you'd be punishing him for being insane.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-28, 5:26 AM #44
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy

How are homosexuals inherently celibate?

I think Mort was referring to procreation with homosexuals, although he didn't make that apparent.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-01-28, 7:52 AM #45
But celibacy is a whole and complete abstinence from sexual activity (including "self-pleasure").

As for the charges, shouldn't it be manslaughter? Don't all the degrees of murder imply intent to kill, and manslaughter is equivalent to negligent homocide?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-28, 8:13 AM #46
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
[url]What he did was thoughtless and he killed at least 12 people. I hope he burns. [/url]
2005-01-28, 8:38 AM #47
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
But celibacy is a whole and complete abstinence from sexual activity (including "self-pleasure").

Yes, but I think Mort implied that homosexuals don't (usually) procreate, and that is not insanity. I don't think he meant to draw a connection between homosexuality and celibacy. Note that lassev also mentioned procreation in his post:

Quote:
Originally posted by lassev
Well, the basic programmin of all life is to procreate and self-preserve, so you could say anything that goes against those two would be insanity.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-01-28, 8:42 AM #48
What a dumb a**.
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-28, 5:42 PM #49
Quote:
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
Then you'd be punishing him for being insane.

How so? His actions were still his own; while (assuming that a psychological evaluation does confirm him to be insane) I think that he should receive a lesser punishment, how is he being punished for being insane?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken

↑ Up to the top!