Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Being you
Being you
2005-01-28, 1:15 PM #1
Inspired by the thread about physical flaws, here's the equivalent of a deeper level. I might as well have called it the 'Dawson's Creek Thread'. I hope you post up why you suck(because you do), and, just as importantly, why you rule so damn much(because you do).

Seems like I've been developing an extreme real-life philosophy called tenshucentrism (which may have been apparent in my postings - if so, I apologize). So here it is: the post that will bring me back to reality. It's definitely needed.

Why I suck
  • I have no patience
  • I degrade and abuse women
  • My grandfather announced earlier this month that he wants me to play a spanish piece in his funeral. I'm so ****ing twisted, I'm practicing it right now, as he's sitting at the table five metres away, talking to my dad. That is Kafkaesque insanity.
  • My girlfriend broke up with me two weeks ago. I didn't care. I knew I was supposed to, but the caring didn't happen. I used to assign astronomical meaning to relationships, but now it's just a statistic. I'm everything I used to hate. Dawson would hate me.
  • I'm lazy. Everyone of my age is studying right now for the current exam period, yet here I am sitting in front of my computer, thinking weekends equal holidays.
  • I have no idea what my future will be like
  • I am ridiculously bad at mathematics. I have no knack for it, and I have to study probably 3 times as much as an average person.
  • I have an attention disorder
  • Edit: on request by Dogsrool - I posted this thread. Seriously.

Why there's hope for me

I didn't think I still had it in me, but I think I'm in love. ****. I feel so ridiculous for saying that. It's been 5 years since I felt anything like it; for five years I faked it, and I became so good at it that I didn't need the authentic emotion anymore. I haven't slept in days, and all thanks to her, this girl I have known for 5+ years, lost track of, and now met again.

It's total torture, and it feels so great. My mind (and my body ;) ) have been doing overtime. Yep, I think there's hope.

So why do suck/rule exactly?

Nothing but the best to all of you,

Tenshu, now alive for three
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-01-28, 1:23 PM #2
Under why you suck, you forgot "posting this thread." :p

Why I suck:

Why I rule:
  • Because. Just look at me. How could I not rule?!
  • My screen name says I rule... sorta. Ok, not really.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-28, 1:25 PM #3
That kind of discussion isnt appropriate here. Do it again and you'll face the consequences. -DSettahr
2005-01-28, 1:26 PM #4
Wow, only ~1.5 posts until derailment. You guys are getting better.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-28, 1:27 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Stafford
[omitted]

o_O OMG!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-28, 1:28 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Wow, only ~1.5 posts until derailment. You guys are getting better.

Hey, what about you Freelancer?
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-01-28, 1:49 PM #7
Why I suck:
I'm a chronic procrastinator
I have absolutely no ambition
I'm too apathetic
I have a tendency to alienate myself

Why I rule:
When I actually decide to do something, I'm usually pretty good at it
I've been told I'm really easy to get along with
2005-01-28, 1:52 PM #8
I think it's jedikirby that said something like this but,

"It's threads like these that make me think less of people"
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-01-28, 2:01 PM #9
Aww, what did Mr. Stafford say? I missed it. :(

Anyways:

Quote:
# I'm lazy. Everyone of my age is studying right now for the current exam period, yet here I am sitting in front of my computer, thinking weekends equal holidays.

That is so me. :p
DO NOT WANT.
2005-01-28, 2:01 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Oxyonagon
I think it's jedikirby that said something like this but,

"It's threads like these that make me think less of people"

:/

Come on dude... I'm only trying. Why the negativity?
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-01-28, 2:31 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Zell
Aww, what did Mr. Stafford say? I missed it. :(
Something about... how can I say this without getting banned... um... oral male prostitution?
:-\
I think mine sounded worse. :( Or maybe not. Euphamisms fail me anymore.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-28, 2:37 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Tenshu
:/

Come on dude... I'm only trying. Why the negativity?

Not my fault, Jedikirby said it :D

So to satisfy your thirst, Tenshu;
Pros:
I'm kind and sensitive, apparently.
I've got friends...I think.

Cons:
I'm not attractive, apparently.
And I get depressed too easy :(
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-01-28, 2:41 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by JediHunter_X
Why I suck:
I'm too apathetic

Why I rule:

That would be me to the tee.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-28, 2:48 PM #14
I don't suck. Sure, I have my flaws, but I like me and so do othrs.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-28, 3:04 PM #15
Reasons I suck
  • I get easily carried away by my emotions. That is to say, whatever emotion it is I'm feeling...I let it get the best of me. This is the definition of immature, literally.
  • I'm very lazy, and a procrastinator. It's not a problem so much until it starts affecting other people
  • I have a bad habit of moving my mouth before I've really thought things out. Either that, or I'm just not good at being very clear about what I mean.
  • I ask way too much of my girlfriend. Some may even go as far to call me "Untrusting" or "Controlling"...but do to recent events they really shouldn't blame me. ****, they don't know the half of what's gone on with us so really ... I should just tell them to **** off. BUT They are my g/fs friends and so it's not really an option </rant>

Reasons I rule
  • I love music so much that it's almost a fault. Literally, almost everything I do has music involved in some aspect. If I'm taking a class or reading something, chances are I'm doing it so that I can apply it to music at some point.
  • Up and coming artist, really need to sit down and discipline myself so I make some real progress on my abilities...but who has the time?
  • I like to think I'm fairly good at seeing both sides (or more) of an argument objectively, and can sympathise with what other people say. On the other hand, despite that, I'm very stubborn...
  • I'm a very helpful person, sometimes too much so. If anyone here ever needs a shoulder to cry on or someone to talk to about something (unbiasedly so), feel free to hit me up. I carry no grudges.
  • I will be a writer some day. I can flow with control until you don't know down from up any mo'....but really I love writing and literature and OMG YES!
  • I like fun-yuns, Mt dew, pizza, lasagna, and I smoke too much. OH but I've quit all drugs 'sides the cigs.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-28, 4:44 PM #16
Quote:
Why I suck:
I'm too apathetic

Why I rule:

You = me
||Arena of Fire || Grand Temple of Fire ||

The man who believes he can and the man who believes he can't are both right. Which are you?
2005-01-28, 5:08 PM #17
I can't think of something bad about myself that doesn't apply to just about everyone. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have bad traits, but none are salient enough to make them outstandingly noticeable to myself. This is probably due to my constant attempts to better myself.

But, since I'm probably seeming a right ol' egotist, I will admit to being procrastinatory at times.
2005-01-28, 6:18 PM #18
Quote:
Why I suck:
I'm too apathetic

Why I rule:
Me.

Plus I'm waaaaay too emotional... for a guy, especially.
And my shyness sucks. People assume that because I don't talk much that I'm boring. Of course... they're probably right.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-28, 6:26 PM #19
Why I suck:

- some of the dumbest stuff comes out of my mouth sometimes
- lazy as the day is long, you can also throw procrastination into this category
- really, I say some pretty dumb stuff
- I have a horrible weakness for chocolate
- oh boy there are lots of things, I just can't tihk of them at the moment

Why I Rule
- I'm easy going, it's really hard to get to me
- I get along with pretty much everyone
- I'm the eternal peace maker (it's in the I rule column because I'm good at it...usually)
- I can sing (maybe I flatter myself) really well
- I'm can write pretty well
- I have a lot of completely awesome friends
- I like to tihnk I'm reasonably good looking
- I have a sense of humor
- Though sometimes it's hard to tell, I really am intelligent
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-01-28, 6:48 PM #20
Why I suck:
  • I can not drink responsibly. At least 50% of the time I drank, I drank too much and got too drunk (with no consequences outside of regurgitation).
  • I'm paranoid. I suspect that people may be criticizing my mistakes behind my back.
  • I have an extreme dislike of reading and writing assignments.
  • I have immensely bad stage fright.

Why I rule:
  • I love to program. Sitting in front of a computer and writing code is my hobby. It will also be my career.
  • I can write quite well.
  • I can make up reasons why I rule.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-28, 7:14 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
Me.

Plus I'm waaaaay too emotional... for a guy, especially.
And my shyness sucks. People assume that because I don't talk much that I'm boring. Of course... they're probably right.

There's nothing wrong with guys being emotional...Honestly, that's just something some insecure macho bigot made up to feel better about himself.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-28, 7:22 PM #22
Cons
- I am a founding member of PA (Procrastinator's Anonymous), well, not quite...
- I am not outgoing enough for my own good, and can appear quiet and uninteresting. :(
- I can, on occasion, lack any shred of self motivation, esp. on homework, school related stuff.
- Sometimes, when food calls, I just can't resist, even when I know I shouldn't be snacking.
- I know there's more, I just can't think of it all...

Pros
- I have a great sense of humor (ask my friends).
- I am pretty intelligent, love to write and can type a hell of a story.
- I have a lot of good friends, all of whom really like me. :D
- When I put my mind to it, I can produce some great results.
- I Keep myself in good shape.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-28, 7:26 PM #23
Why I suck:

1. I am lazy and procrastinate way too much.
2. Sometimes I get into a very immature mood where everything I says sounds like an annoying 5th grader who just learned a "bad" word. I hate that about myself.
2. I am very negative.
4. I can be very critiizing to my friends without relizing it.
7. I can be totally heartless sometimes.
25. I can't count\spell.

Why I am okay sometimes:

1. I can be very helpful.
2. I can make someone laugh when they are down, and love doing so.
3. Despite my immature side, I can also really buckle down and get serious when it really needed.
4. I have been told I am a very sharing person.
5. I am a pretty intelligent guy.

There ya go.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-01-28, 7:57 PM #24
Reasons I suck:

1. Because I can't decide if I'm lazy or just don't like people. (I've been thinking about going out and renting a movie for like three hours now.)
2. I don't think I've ever fully awake.
3. Terrible in math.
4. Don't have a loud voice so I'm constantly asked to speak up.
5. I'm stupid enough to get into "When Hally Met Sally" situtations
6. I have a bit of an ego problem :rolleyes:

Reasons I rule:

1. I rule because I'm teh awesome.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-01-28, 8:17 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by quesadilla_red
4. Don't have a loud voice so I'm constantly asked to speak up.
I'll add that to my list that will never really be done. (See procrastination).
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-28, 8:56 PM #26
Why I suck:

-I'm fat
-I'm ugly
-I have no social skills whatsoever
-I procrasinate horribly

Why I rule:

-I'm intelligent (at least I like to think so)
-I'm in a great program at a good university
-I'm honest and I have integrity
Stuff
2005-01-28, 9:34 PM #27
Why I suck:

It's the only way to get a drink through a straw. :p

(I hope that doesn't have some kind of illicit double meaning) :mad:
2005-01-29, 6:01 AM #28
[disclaimer - I tried to be really honest here, please don't judge me]

I started writing this out last night, as I actually thought it would be quite theraputic for me, but then I spilt beer on my keyboard and the next time I pressed the 'a' key, the computer turned itself off. So, let's see what I can remembr -

Why I suck

Like everyone else it seems, I'm lazy to the point of it being quite detrimental to my life. I've basically wasted two years at uni by not doing any work.
I'm extremely paranoid, sometimes in ways that make absolutely no sense at all, but mainly in the 'what if everyone's laughing at me' kinda way.
Related to above - I'm quite judgemental of some people. If I see someone as being stupid (and I don't mean education-wise) or irritating, I have very little patience for them. This causes me to expect everyone to judge me in the same way.
I'm very judgemental of myself. I can quite easily spend hours or even days berating myself for something I've said which I know deep down everyone else has already forgotton about. This tends to lead me into a cycle of self-loathing -> self-pity -> self-loathing which usually doesn't end until something other than me forces it to. (Falling asleep or somebody calling me and snapping me out of it etc).
I'm too critical of my body (I know this applies to everyone). I know that I'm not fat, but I will still complain about my pot belly and avoid wearing sleeveless tops to keep my arms covered.
I use drugs to forget my problems. Rather than just drinking to have a good time (which I do also do), I do sometimes do it to escape. Which is bad.
I'm close-minded in that way that conservatives here are always saying that liberals are. Don't get me wrong, I utterly respect anyone's wishes to live however they choose (so long as they aren't harming anyone else) but I have a hard time relating. There is a part of me that thinks of my views as being the 'right' ones, and cannot relate to other peoples'.

Reasons I Rule

(sadly, I've been sitting here for a full minute trying to think of something...ok, here goes. trying to be honest, don't want to sound egotistical though!)
I am reasonably intelligent. I realise I'm not going to change the world or anything, but I feel that I'm smart enough to be able to do something important.
I am pretty. Don't get me wrong, I don't have people falling over themselves asking me out, but I've had enough interest in me over the last few years to know that I'm attractive to some people.
I have a pretty decent sense of humour. Making people laugh is one of my greatest pleasures. Makes you all warm and tingly inside!
I'm compassionate. I really care about my friends, and even those who I don't know well or at all. There are a few people at these boards who I became monumentally attached to within a very short time of beginning to talk to them, and they are all firmly in my heart now.

Ok, that's enough self-examination for one day!
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-29, 7:10 AM #29
Suckage

- Occasionally I have short temper, especially when having to repeat things, or being forced to state what should be obvious for everyone. It builds up, and I'll verbally lash out at whoever is closest, and almost immediately regret it.
- Procrastination.
- I can be too demanding of others and myself. I keep feeling that I could do something better.
- I don't forgive as easily as I should.
- I'm indecisive. I don't like committing myself to something or someone. I'm afraid of being tied down to someone or something, and I've missed out on some opportunities.
- I get carried away, I get too emotionally involved when I should stay on a strictly platonic level. Thus, I harbour contempt and jealousy too easily.
- I don't like getting told how to do things when I'm finding something out by myself.
- I have no idea where I'm going to be in, say, five years time on any level at all. I just flow.
- I'm not that good at communicating if it isn't face to face. I'm not bad, but I feel uncomfortable doing so if I can't read their reactions/expressions.
- I prefer direct straight talk to dancing around with superficial platitudes and formalities. If it isn't going anywhere, I'm gone. I am polite and I do have manners, but I don't suffer veiled threats and insults kindly.
- I'm naive. I "never see it coming".
- I suck at lying.

Rulage

- I'm not afraid of being myself. I'm open in the sense that "what you see is what you get". That's it. That's me. There's no hidden sociopath in me.
- I get along with all kinds of people, I tend not to discriminate. It's easy to find some kind of common ground.
- I'm easygoing, calm without being detached, optimistic, empathetic, and social. Default expression isn't a typical Finnish frown.
- I'm compassionate.
- I don't get stressed easily.
- When I do commit myself to something, I'm thorough and I don't do it half-heartedly.
- Good negotiator.
- Very perceptive. Eye for details. Excellent spatial awareness. Alright at drawing.
- I reasonably intelligent and well-read, and I enjoy learning.
- People say that I'm good at cheering them up.
- Jack of all trades (master of none).
- I tend to be reasonably content with myself. I feel complete, whole, fulfilled. My conscience doesn't bother me, I sleep like a child.
- I suck at lying.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-01-29, 7:24 AM #30
WHY I SUCK:
-My height! Ze horror
-The more I talk more stupid my voice transforms into
-I suck at finishing things
-I didn't start learning C++ when I could have the first time
-I don't have motivation!
-I can't draw. No matter what I do, the results are always POS
-I have no decent equipment to make music
-I've wasted my life on many irrelevant things... gaming is not one of them, you fools.
-I need a proper beard, not one of these... amisviikset.... (don't understand)
-I'm so damn poor, and usually don't do anything to improve the situation
-I'm such a liar sometimes.

WHY I RULE:
-My hair is so great.
-Oh how much I love (some of) my ideas (when they're on the preliminary stages)
-No matter how much negative things I can write about my self, I'm still happy and.. stuff
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-29, 7:36 AM #31
Why I suck:
-I'm really shy around people I dont/barely know.
-I leave everything until the last minute
-Despite being pretty laid back if I'm doing something, I try to get it done as fast as possible... be it walking home or writing a sentence.
-Related to above: My writing is terrible, I can barely read it most of the time. I even know why it is... it's because when I write, i think a couple of words ahead of what i'm writing so I end up trying to catch up with myself making my writing awful.
-my love life equates to staring at girls on the train.

Why I rule:
-I've always been able to talk my way out of hostile situations or talk my way out of doing something I dont want to do.
-I dont drink much, I dont smoke or do drugs.
-I consider myself a kind person.
-I'm pretty laid back about most things.
-I look at things rationally and dont believe everything I hear.
-Although I do leave everthing until the last minute, when I finally do get around to doing something I generally do a good job of it.
-I dont get worked up over things as much as a lot of others seem to.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-01-29, 6:38 PM #32
Quote:
Why I suck:
I'm too apathetic

Why I rule:

Me
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-29, 6:57 PM #33
That Which Sucketh
- My extreme laziness, sleeping in until 2pm on days when I don't have to be up early, skipping meals simply because I can't be bothered to cook.
- My diet, I generally eat junkfood exclusively, it's not that I don't like healthy food, junkfood is just easier to prepare.
- My lack of confidence and general distantness, i'm a pretty nice guy but I don't let many people know this as i'm too shy to get to know that many people
- My singleness
- My impending coursework deadlines
- Running out of hair

Things That Ruleth
- I'm a nice guy
- Apparantly I have nice eyes
- I'm getting better at guitar
- Despite my lazyness and bad diet I play a lot of sport (Ultimate Frisbee) and have a good weight
- Whilst my coursework deadlines are impending, i'm not hopelessly lost
- One day I won't be single
- I'm very mindful of how others are feeling even if it appears that i'm not, a lot of the reason why i'm not very confident and assertive is because I anticipate a risk of someone getting hurt
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-29, 7:11 PM #34
Must not look desperate...

Must not look desperate...

Must not look--oh who am I kidding? Sugarless, why are you not writing for NeS? You're the perfect canidate! Let's pick some things from your list here to show why:

Quote:
Originally posted by sugarless5
Why I suck:

- some of the dumbest stuff comes out of my mouth sometimes
- really, I say some pretty dumb stuff[/

OK these things? They definately belong in the "I rule" catagory. They come in REAL handy when writing for funny story posts, and while you might think that you say unforgivably stupid things, I bet you that you can't top "What's in a rum and coke?"

Quote:
Why I Rule
- I'm easy going, it's really hard to get to me
- I get along with pretty much everyone
- I'm the eternal peace maker (it's in the I rule column because I'm good at it...usually)

These qualities are uber-awesome for getting along with the idiots who ruin your plans for world domina--I mean--writing story posts.

Quote:
- I'm can write pretty well
- I have a sense of humor
- Though sometimes it's hard to tell, I really am intelligent [/B]

GAH! I mean, come ON! Do you know how few writers I manage to get will ever admit that they can write well? And humor? Don't listen to the naysayers that will tell you NeS is not funny. And intelligent, see previous comment. And, putting aside extra benefits of good-looking, you're FEMALE. The ISB is SO not meeting its female writer quota (yes skeptics, we have had many of them, such as Miss Fire, Maybechild, maevie, Losien...).

Seriously, I will seriously consider paying you, with cash, delivered at your door, for these sorts of qualifications being advertised here. I only ask for you to think about it.

/me pre-emptively :p 's at Cazor's ISB-bashing
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-01-29, 7:34 PM #35
Why I suck:

Procrastination. This is the main thing about me that I hate.
I'm getting out of shape again.

Why I rule:

I'm always there for my friends. Good or Bad, I end up making them smile.
I can hold my liquor like no other.
Music, Movies, Games and Books are some of my favorite things.
I take no trash from people I work with, or who hassle me in my retail job.
I'm a fiction writer. But no one told you that! :D

BTW Geb: I've been looking through the NeS stuff and I'm slightly interested...
2005-01-29, 7:39 PM #36
Yeah, despite my particular plea towards sugarless, I of course would be happy with any new people, and I encourage those interested to make use of the NeS workshop thread to ask questions and the like. :)

And yes, under the "I suck" list for me would be "thinks about the ISB too much" :p But they don't call me the ISB kingpin for nothing...
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-01-29, 8:08 PM #37
Why I suck

- Even tho I'm supposed to be doing a physics degree i do very little.

- I run away from my problems, instead of facing them, I forget about it and think "I'll do it tomorrow" and then never do.

- I suffer some mental problems, namely depression* and I sometimes I daydream about killing/beating the living pulp out of people who I really hate or may have hurt me.

- I'm quite shallow, and I'm really messed up when concerning relationships, after a string of hurtful disasters, Ive become quite heartless.

- I smoke

and now....

Why I'm pretty goddamn GREAT

- I'm a really good person, I cant refuse someone who needs my help.

- I can be caring as long as that person has earned it.

- I'm popular, when i walk into a bar everyone shouts to me and is pleased to see me. I have loads of cool friends, and I'm good to them

- I'm have a pretty face, nice eyes and nice hair, and a damn good body. (So everyone says) and am quite popular with the women recently but I'm not a player or a whore.

- I'm talented with music, I can learn most musical instruments very quickly, namely piano and guitar. And I write a mean trance song.

- I'm artistic, and successful in that regard. Soon I will be doing an art degree somewhere. And women love me for my art.

- I'm happy with my life, I dont regret who I am. *i have managed to cure my depression though medicine and a new lifestyle.... In the words of Chesney Hawkes, "I am the one and only, nobody I'd rather be"

Conclusion

more good than bad.
I love being me 90% of the time.

And no I dont love myself, i'm just comfortable with who and what I am.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-01-30, 4:11 AM #38
This has been by far one of the most interesting threads for a while, and I agree with maevie about it being theraputic. I plan to copy and paste my comments in a little .txt document and read it once a week or so - first to remind me where I'm going wrong in life, and second to remind me of my strengths.

Why I suck
Like many of you, procrastination.
I hate getting out of bed in the morning
I don't practice guitar anywhere near enough as I should.
I keep putting my brother down without realizing it (However if someone else puts him down, I won't stand for it and defend my brother as much as possible).
I seem to change my personality around my brother when my friends are around. I should just stay the same person I always am to him.
I'm moody
I can talk to girls great, but when it comes to talking to girls I actually have an interest in, I start being someone I'm not and end up talking bollocks.
I'm a control freak in my band and at home.
I don't get enough exercise
I'm naiive
Change sometimes scares me - I don't like uncharted waters.
I can't write fiction or song lyrics AT ALL
I'm too lazy to write more music
I have no plans for the future
My singleness
I waste too much time playing computer games when I should be doing something constructive.
When people know something is getting me down and want to help, I rarely open up and tell them what is bothering me
General laziness

Why I rule
I have a great job which has amazing flexibility
I'm a handyman with just about everything. If I have never fixed something before, I can generally figure it out.
I play guitar in a band - playing music that I love
I can write and record a half decent tune.
I'm not fat, I'm not unfit (but I'm not fit)
I love adventures
I'm a good negotiator
People can confide in me.
I'm artistic.
I NEVER drink and drive
I NEVER drink alone (chances are I'll never become an alcoholic)
I don't smoke - never have
I've never taken an illicit drug
I'm a good liar...but...
I never lie to my family or friends
I'm farily generous
I often try to support the small business/underdog
I have plenty of great friends
I like animals and nature and outdoor stuff
2005-01-30, 5:54 AM #39
Wow, aparantly I have at least four Massassians who are exactly like me.
2005-01-30, 6:12 AM #40
Sucktastical:
  • I drink (I think I'm going to stop though)
  • I'm a terrible procrastinator (though I'm working on getting better this semester)
  • I make big plans, but never follow through (this usually goes with programs I plan to write)
  • Even though I'm planning to make a career out of programming, I don't enjoy it
  • I don't play my guitar nearly as much as I should
  • Actually, I don't have that great of an ear for music, despite being in school music programs for many years
  • Single solitude
  • I'm not very nice to my little sister
  • I'm Polish

Awesometastic:
  • I'm Polish
  • I tend to behave very well when drunk (unless I get too drunk, but even then, I don't do anything other than make it hard for my friends to wallk me home)
  • I'm a firm believer in chivalry
  • I'm reasonably intelligent
  • When it's my turn to be designated driver, I make sure to take care of my friends
  • 20/13 vision last time I had a physical exam
  • I'm serious about getting back in shape (this coming week is 4 miles/day week :) )

Yeah, my rulage < my suckage. But perhaps one day it will be fixed.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.

↑ Up to the top!