Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What OS do you use?
What OS do you use?
2005-01-30, 8:21 AM #41
I use Windows XP with SP2.
2005-01-30, 9:55 AM #42
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
CM - there's a commercial program that allows you to read/write NTFS partitions in Linux, but damn it I can't remember the name right now.

I don't know of any commercial software (nor do I want it, I don't want to pay just to get compatibility for NTFS in linux), but I am keeping my eye on "Captive NTFS", which I hope will fall into the stable x86 category on Gentoo soon.

On top of that, I need 3d acceleration in Linux, on at least one monitor while running in xinerama mode (Aka 2 desktops, not clone mode). In other words, I need 3d acceleration at least on the level of windows, where the primary monitor has 3d acceleration.
2005-01-30, 10:34 AM #43
mordor: Windows XP Pro SP2
arda: Fedora Core 3
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!