Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Tk-421
Tk-421
2005-01-30, 3:02 AM #1
Ok, so in a bout of randomness on [url=www.whopissedyouoff.com]Evad's site of fun[/url] I stumbled over a glossed over bit of Star Wars trivia. The fate of TK-421!

Seriously, left naked, beaten, probably stashed away in the smuggling holds of the Falcon, and then most likely ejected into deep space in his birthday suit to implode as the Falcon peels away into the distance on its way to Yavin IV.

Did nobody think of poor TK-421 and his hapless, numberless cohort? Left to die a horrendous painful death at the hands of the nefarious rebels, who were doubtless blood-thirsty for revenge at the apparent murder of Obi-wan!

It's a conspiracy!
2005-01-30, 3:11 AM #2
That poor *******.
2005-01-30, 5:33 AM #3
Hah! What about all the civilian contractors on the second Death Star? Huh? The roofers, aluminium siders? Nobody ever thinks about them!
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-30, 5:53 AM #4
But the thing is, TK-421 is a celebrity here! Everyone knows who he is, and yet NOBODY CARES that he was likely maimed by those evil rebels!

I shall crusade for theeee!!
2005-01-30, 6:11 AM #5
Maybe he joined the rebels? If he had to choose between that or other evident, possible choices, I'd say he joined.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-30, 7:08 AM #6
i have a hotmail account and an account with my isp that i have set so that when i send an e-mail, the first name is TK-421 and the last name is Why aren't you at your post?
so the reciever gets and e-mail from TK-421 Why aren't you at your post?
every forum or signing up thing i find on the web, i try to sign up as tk421. it's always taken. always.
2005-01-30, 9:56 AM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Ric_Olie
Hah! What about all the civilian contractors on the second Death Star? Huh? The roofers, aluminium siders? Nobody ever thinks about them!

Actually, they were slaves, generally Wookies in most cases. Another reason Chewie absolutely hated the empire.
2005-01-30, 10:07 AM #8
Aw, it seems that CM missed the Clerks reference. :(
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-30, 10:21 AM #9
Why isn't this thread at it's post?
2005-01-30, 10:35 AM #10
I love TK-421. He's always been my favorite Star Wars character.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-30, 10:46 AM #11
Maybe they kept him around on the falcon for hot manseks.

>.>
<.<
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-30, 10:50 AM #12
No.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-01-30, 10:58 AM #13
anyone got tk421 @ gmail .com yet -_-?
2005-01-30, 11:27 AM #14
Who is TK-421? I remember the name/number/whatever but can't remember who or what it is.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-30, 11:31 AM #15
tk421@gmail is invalid because it needs to be 6 characters or more. i tried different combinations and i couldn't get one.
2005-01-30, 11:32 AM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson
Who is TK-421? I remember the name/number/whatever but can't remember who or what it is.
One of the stormtroopers that were captured when the Millenium Falcon first landed on the Death Star.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-30, 11:33 AM #17
He was the stormtrooper guarding the entrance to the Falcon while the scanning teams went aboard to scan for passengers. Then, Han and Luke knocked out the scanning guys and asked TK-421 for help lefiting something, and they jumped him and stole his armor. I think TK-421 had a cohort too, so they got two sets of stormie armor.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-30, 11:37 AM #18
Ah yes, I remember now. Funny how such a small character can become so...loved.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-30, 11:47 AM #19
AND YET SO FORGOTTEN IN THE SPACE OF A MOVIE!!

Who will mourn his loss I ask you?!
2005-01-30, 12:39 PM #20
Quote:
Randal: So they build another Death Star, right?
Dante: Yeah.
Randal: Now the first one they built was completed and fully operational before the Rebels destroyed it.
Dante: Luke blew it up. Give credit where it's due.
Randal:And the second one was still being built when they blew it up.
Dante: Compliments of Lando Calrissian.
Randal: Something just never sat right with me the second time they destroyed it. I could never put my finger on it-something just wasn't right.
Dante: And you figured it out?
Randal: Well, the thing is, the first Death Star was manned by the Imperial army-storm troopers, dignitaries- the only people onboard were Imperials.
Dante: Basically.
Randal: So when they blew it up, no prob. Evil is punished.
Dante: And the second time around...?
Randal: The second time around, it wasn't even finished yet. They were still under construction.
Dante: So?
Randal: A construction job of that magnitude would require a helluva lot more manpower than the Imperial army had to offer. I'll bet there were independent contractors working on that thing: plumbers, aluminum siders, roofers.
Dante: Not just Imperials, is what you're getting at.
Randal: Exactly. In order to get it built quickly and quietly they'd hire anybody who could do the job. Do you think the average storm trooper knows how to install a toilet main? All they know is killing and white uniforms.
Dante: All right, so even if independent contractors are working on the Death Star, why are you uneasy with its destruction?
Randal: All those innocent contractors hired to do a job were killed- casualties of a war they had nothing to do with. (notices Dante's confusion) All right, look-you're a roofer, and some juicy government contract comes your way; you got the wife and kids and the two-story in suburbia-this is a government contract, which means all sorts of benefits. All of a sudden these left-wing militants blast you with lasers and wipe out everyone within a three-mile radius. You didn't ask for that. You have no personal politics. You're just trying to scrape out a living.
(The Blue-Collar Man (Thomas Burke) joins them.)
Blue-Collar Man: Excuse me. I don't mean to interrupt, but what were you talking about?
Randal: The ending of Return of the Jedi.
Dante: My friend is trying to convince me that any contractors working on the uncompleted Death Star were innocent victims when the space station was destroyed by the rebels.
Blue-Collar Man: Well, I'm a contractor myself. I'm a roofer... (digs into pocket and produces business card) Dunn and Reddy Home Improvements. And speaking as a roofer, I can say that a roofer's personal politics come heavily into play when choosing jobs.
Randal: Like when?
Blue-Collar Man: Three months ago I was offered a job up in the hills. A beautiful house with tons of property. It was a simple reshingling job, but I was told that if it was finished within a day, my price would be doubled. Then I realized whose house it was.
Dante: Whose house was it?
Blue-Collar Man: Dominick Bambino's.
Randal: "Babyface" Bambino? The gangster?
Blue-Collar Man: The same. The money was right, but the risk was too big. I knew who he was, and based on that, I passed the job on to a friend of mine.
Dante: Based on personal politics.
Blue-Collar Man: Right. And that week, the Foresci family put a hit on Babyface's house. My friend was shot and killed. He wasn't even finished shingling.
Randal: No way!
Blue-Collar Man: (paying for coffee) I'm alive because I knew there were risks involved taking on that particular client. My friend wasn't so lucky. (pauses to reflect) You know, any contractor willing to work on that Death Star knew the risks. If they were killed, it was their own fault. A roofer listens to this... (taps his heart) not his wallet.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-30, 12:45 PM #21
Leia probably stashed 421 and his partner away. Or they tossed them out before leaving, they're just out of focus standing in the hanger wearing Vader underoos.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-01-30, 1:06 PM #22
Thanks Wolfy. :D
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-30, 2:21 PM #23
Agh, get.. Clerks... away from me... gah..
2005-01-30, 3:33 PM #24
TK-421 and his buddy were probably killed right away. You do hear blaster fire after they go up the ramp (though there aren't any blaster marks on the sets of armor :confused: )
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2005-01-30, 3:42 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Acharjay
(though there aren't any blaster marks on the sets of armor :confused: )

oh, those blaster stains just buff right out. All you need is some car wax and some rubbing compound.... :p
2005-01-30, 4:56 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by saberopus
anyone got tk421 @ gmail .com yet -_-?

no but my street adress is 3827 just like the garbage compactor.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2005-01-30, 5:02 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by Zojombize

Does your house feel a bit cramped every now and then?
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-30, 5:08 PM #28
Quote:
TK-421 and his buddy were probably killed right away. You do hear blaster fire after they go up the ramp (though there aren't any blaster marks on the sets of armor :confused: )

STOP PUTTING YOUR LOGIC IN MY FANTASY.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-30, 5:46 PM #29
Quote:

it was probably the blasters of the stormtroopers... chewie popped up behind them and went "bonk"
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-30, 6:25 PM #30
Once again, DrkJedi owned you all.
2005-01-30, 8:37 PM #31
Ah tk 421. What a brave little compadrae (no clue how to spell that).
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2005-01-30, 8:54 PM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by Zojombize

i thought that number was 38627
2005-01-30, 9:05 PM #33
Quote:

Duh! Blasters set for stun! :p
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-30, 9:27 PM #34
http://www.tk421.net Scroll down some... nothing much.
2005-01-30, 9:44 PM #35
!

But that's not TK 421! It's an imposter :P
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-01-30, 9:49 PM #36
I know, but it's the closest picture I could find...
2005-01-30, 10:27 PM #37
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightwind
I know, but it's the closest picture I could find...

Isn't he a little short for a stormtrooper?
2005-01-30, 10:29 PM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by DrkJedi82
i thought that number was 38627

Actually I think it's 3263827... though I'm definately not positive at ALL about that. It sounds about right, but I can't be arsed to check it.

Now that I see it... it looks like a phone number... Of course, without an area code or similar, Google is useless for finding a match...
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-30, 10:49 PM #39
you're right according to all the google results...

i knew there was a 6 in there though
2005-01-30, 11:19 PM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightwind
Duh! Blasters set for stun! :p

Didn't sound like a stun blast. ;)
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!