Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → paint ball anyone?
paint ball anyone?
2004-04-24, 3:08 PM #1
I recently started paint balling with a few friends. It started off with just going down to the local woods and shooting some tress, now its become and addicition and we play all the time. Post your thoughts on paint-balling!

------------------
I Recieved an angel from god when he sent me Jess, I Love You Forever and Always Jess, you'll always have my heart.
I <3 Massassi
2004-04-24, 3:16 PM #2
Ive got a painter, but I rarely use it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
I used to believe that we must fight the future, lest change come without our consent. I was wrong. The truth is that we must embrace the future, for only with change can we remain the same.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-04-24, 3:20 PM #3
It's okay, but I've had a bad experience with it: My younger brother (10) went to play with the kid across the street after dark and the kid paintballed him without any protective gear!

Grrrr...
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/mad.gif]

------------------
What did I ever do to you?
"It is not advisable, James, to venture unsolicited opinions. You should spare yourself the embarrassing discovery of their exact value to your listener."
"Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it."
2004-04-24, 3:22 PM #4
They don't wear kevlar in war either

------------------
"Music is the universal language and the
dialect we speak in is Hip Hop!" - King Solomon
2004-04-24, 3:28 PM #5
I just play UT2k4.

That, and occasionally myself and a few friends run around outside at night like idiots with those stupid Star Wars guns with the lights and sounds shooting each other. We're all in the 16 to 18 age range. Sounds depressing considering our age, but it can be fun as hell.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-04-24, 3:32 PM #6
BANG-BANG-BANG!

------------------
I check my e-mail.
2004-04-24, 3:33 PM #7
I play once in a while during the summer, I have a fairly souped-up gun...

I used to play alot more when my friends did, but they got all stupid and sold their guns, so I just go once in a while at my cottage with my friends there.
2004-04-24, 3:36 PM #8
I used to love paint-balling until someone on my team shot me in the a**. Needless to say, I kicked his once I could sit down again. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.

[This message has been edited by Pagewizard_YKS (edited April 24, 2004).]
2004-04-24, 4:15 PM #9
Airsoft > paintball

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-04-24, 4:16 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Flexor:
Airsoft > paintball

</font>

I was just about to say that.

------------------
www.tednation.tk
2004-04-24, 4:17 PM #11
I played paintball at my friends birthday party last year and it was pretty fun. But paintball just got me started on Airsoft which is less expensive and less messy in my opinion.

------------------
Fear, It Controls The Fearful. The Strong. The Weak. The Innocent. Fear Is My Ally!

The Arcane Sith
2004-04-24, 4:18 PM #12
Going to a 26hr scenario May 28th in Pennsylvanica at EMR. Wooo!

------------------
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing: Fallen Soldier
(no site up yet...)
Clarinetists, unite!

-writer of Bloodwing
(a work in progress)
2004-04-24, 4:23 PM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posed by Flexor
Airsoft > paintball

</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Keith Marshall:
I played paintball at my friends birthday party last year and it was pretty fun. But paintball just got me started on Airsoft which is less expensive and less messy in my opinion.

</font>

------------------
"The quality of the levels you make is determined by the skill of the person not by the editor in which they use!"
-Michael Kyle
2004-04-24, 4:30 PM #14
Airsoft > all
2004-04-24, 5:24 PM #15
Whats Airsoft?

------------------
Run Away!!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-04-24, 5:50 PM #16
It's a bit like paintball except that instead of paint you use BBs, which are small (plastic or metal) balls fired at high speeds, and the guns are all exact replicas.

------------------
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-04-24, 6:38 PM #17
the replica part is really the only thing that makes it superior... the fact that they're like 'real guns'

but hey i fire real guns so...... airsoft doesn't hold much attraction for me. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

I'm gonna seriously start paintballing this summer... just gonna get a pistol though... maybe 2 (PT extremes) damn that'd be fun.

------------------
Saberopus: omfq musical genuis j00 >mozart
Thrawn42689: Mozart = n00b
2004-04-24, 6:42 PM #18
It's less the "real guns" part alone, and more the "real guns you can shoot at people with" that makes it cool. I agree Airsoft > ALL.

------------------
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
OSC Returns!!
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2004-04-24, 6:47 PM #19
mmmmm...I can't wait until ROTC/Army. Your puny paintball and airsoft games will pale in comparison to a war game skirmish. I get excited just thinking about it. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Is Wayne Brady going to have to choke a *****?

[This message has been edited by Kieran Horn (edited April 24, 2004).]
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-04-24, 7:56 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by saberopus:
the replica part is really the only thing that makes it superior... the fact that they're like 'real guns'

</font>

ermm... price?

Plastic balls are ten times cheaper than PAINT.

------------------
2004-04-25, 1:20 AM #21
And far more accurate and can generally travel farther than paintballs...

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-04-25, 1:41 AM #22
Well that depends on what kind of BBs you use... lemme tell you, 0.20 BBs don't go very far on a windy day!

------------------
2004-04-25, 3:32 AM #23
Yeah, I play.

------------------
TDiR: The Destruction is Real
2004-04-25, 4:17 AM #24
I just recently started. Got a Spyder and a 16" barrel. Oh, that reminds me, I've gotta lower the velocity sometime. It was spinning off to the right after 10 yards yesterday. Made it hard to hit someone.
2004-04-25, 4:24 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by saberopus:
I'm gonna seriously start paintballing this summer... just gonna get a pistol though... maybe 2 (PT extremes) damn that'd be fun.
</font>

You cannot paintball seriously with any pistol. Paintball pistol = worst first gun ever, and pretty much a horrible buy overall.

I'd play airsoft, but I've never seen it around where I live. I just wonder how they can tell when someone is eliminated in airsoft !??!?! No way of proving it.

http://blargh.mine.nu/test/56/6.jpg

There's my gun.
2004-04-25, 4:33 AM #26
If you don't call your hits you just form a bad image of yourself and everyone's gonna ban you from their games. It's a very community-driven thing based on honesty.

------------------
2004-04-25, 5:34 AM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yecti:
It's less the "real guns" part alone, and more the "real guns you can shoot at people with" that makes it cool. I agree Airsoft > ALL.

</font>

There is a myriad of paintball guns that are replicas of real guns out there.

------------------
If you can read this, you need better glasses.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-04-25, 6:45 AM #28
Do the BBs hurt when you get hit?

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-04-25, 6:49 AM #29
Depends how close the shooter is and what kind of gun he's got, but usually no. I once got shot in the leg by a sniper standing 2 feet from me. That hurt.

------------------
2004-04-25, 7:36 AM #30
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Connection Problem:
You cannot paintball seriously with any pistol. Paintball pistol = worst first gun ever, and pretty much a horrible buy overall.

I'd play airsoft, but I've never seen it around where I live. I just wonder how they can tell when someone is eliminated in airsoft !??!?! No way of proving it.

http://blargh.mine.nu/test/56/6.jpg

There's my gun.
</font>

I carry an Armotech Zeus as my sidearm on the field -- its more reliable than any other marker I've shot. I've put around 800 rounds through it and I haven't broken one yet. Playing with a pistol makes you play smarter. Its like playing with a Talon pump on a speedball field against Angels and Shockers.

------------------
TDiR: The Destruction is Real
2004-04-25, 7:38 AM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
Do the BBs hurt when you get hit?

</font>

Yeah, like hell.

No not really.

------------------
http://www.sporkaudio.com
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2004-04-25, 7:59 AM #32
I really want to start playing airsoft but my lack of money and the lack of other players around here limit me. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
WOOSH|-----@%
Warhead[97]
2004-04-25, 9:09 AM #33
i play airsoft too

------------------
NightFire
NightFire
2004-04-25, 9:47 AM #34
They hurt less than paintballs...

------------------
www.tednation.tk
2004-04-25, 10:03 AM #35
Yea Airsoft doesn't really hurt, I shot myself (accidently, chamber was supposed to be empty [http://forums.massassi.net/html/redface.gif]) with a spring gun right against my palm. It only stung for a bit, didn't leave any marks.

Don't suggest it though. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-04-25, 10:15 AM #36
I, unfortuantly, due to college and a nasty ER bill, have to drop my favourite sport.

I *might* play IAO, for those who know what it is. I could easily borrow a high end gun and tank, and my team is having fund raisers. So I would get away without spending too much money, and I will be helping out setting stuff up there, and that pays well. It would be a kick *** experience. Playing vs the best of teams from all around the country.

http://www.netrauma.com/pics/emag.JPG
http://www.netrauma.com/pics/emag2.JPG

If you check out the main page, it is my teams webpage. Check out the movie, it is pretty neat. I am the one without a Jersey, Kaiki pants/shorts and the Hiawian shirt have been my paintball outfit for years, I will never get rid of them. Even though the Hiawian shirt is kinda riped and stained to heck.
2004-04-25, 6:42 PM #37
I play mil-sim (Military Simulation) paintball, and scenario games, paintball baby, I WOULD'VE gotten into AirSoft, but, It hasn't caught on much up here so, I'll stick with whats popular, BTW I have a:
Tippman Custom 98
Lapco Bishot Bead Blasted 14' Barrel
Remote line
and a full combat BDU with boots and everything

------------------
Member of the Minneassian Council
2004-04-25, 7:45 PM #38
I would do paintball, but I can't understand how someone could play with a giant tank attached to the top of their gun.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.
2004-04-25, 7:49 PM #39
I fail to see how the "tank" (hopper) would effect one's ability to play...

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-04-25, 7:51 PM #40
It just seems too.. awkward, having a big giant... thing.. on top of your gun. I mean, I wouldn't know, I've never touched a paintball gun in my life. but wouldn't it upset the balance a bit? like, make it topheavy or whatever? Plus, It looks like it'd be harder to aim and stuff, because of the thing being in the way of the sites or whatever... and stuff. yep. kthx.

------------------
Moo.
Moo.

↑ Up to the top!