Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Massassi MMORPG comprimised...
Massassi MMORPG comprimised...
2005-04-05, 4:10 PM #1
Yes, you've read right, yesturday we discovered a spyware of the system, it seems to have made a full copy of all our source codes, documents and everything important, the project is now crapped, and we have to start all over again, and examens start this thursday, anyhow, I'm starting a small buisness of doing websites, so now I have a job, and really, I was getting tired of the whole NeS stuff, I wanted to do my own idea more, which was something totally different, that will actually cost money with no copyright material on it, I will still choose a few people from Massassi who will have a VIP lifetime free of charge, simply because I can't do all the people of Massassi, and I'll need some people for beta testing and for being advanced than other players. Any, I'm working on an investigation at the moment so this is brief, more details coming soon.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-04-05, 4:13 PM #2
What by chance was the name of this engine?
Think while it's still legal.
2005-04-05, 4:32 PM #3
You're right up there with Michael Jackson in credibility.
You...................................
.................................................. ........
.................................................. ....rock!
2005-04-05, 4:39 PM #4
hahha
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-04-05, 4:40 PM #5
massassi mmo eh? whats the goal? Steal your soul back from brian?
nope.
2005-04-05, 4:41 PM #6
Another possible NeS game that never saw the light of day. How sad.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-04-05, 4:42 PM #7
Hey, hey! That flash game is getting there! I just need to learn a bit more in flash :( I have the animation part down...I...I swear. *runs off crying*
Think while it's still legal.
2005-04-05, 5:00 PM #8
Yeah, just like how a hacker stole valve's source :rolleyes:
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-04-05, 5:38 PM #9
This keeps getting funnier and funnier.
2005-04-05, 5:49 PM #10
Can anyone say "We told him so?"
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-05, 5:53 PM #11
Methinks you have no idea what spyware actually is.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-04-05, 6:10 PM #12
it copied the files. that's it guys. once the files get copied it's just... it's just over :/.
2005-04-05, 6:26 PM #13
SF_GoldG_01, you don't have to make up such an excuse to tell us that you have no clue what you are doing.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-05, 6:39 PM #14
haha. *****!

Post what the engine is and how you got it and everyone here might believe you.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2005-04-05, 7:50 PM #15
Sounds like he got infected with W32/WEAKDECEPTION.A

2005-04-05, 8:10 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
Hey, hey! That flash game is getting there! I just need to learn a bit more in flash :( I have the animation part down...I...I swear. *runs off crying*

I was also refering to the NeS point & click adventure game Tracer was hoping to make and that we dedicated a whole storyarc for.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-04-05, 8:19 PM #17
We had an engine that no one heard of, its was just cheap, we tried devolping on to it, but unfortgave up aunately its was cheap because 1, the last release was back in 2001, 2 it was full of holes, 3 there were no specifications, 4 there was a possiblilty of the company going out of buisness, any how, we gave up after a few months, so we started our own engine from scratch, we were using power basic, simply because it superiorizes visual basic in almost every area save the part for calling .com files and other stuff, but there's free solutions to that already, any how this spyware didn't just spy on us, it also gave acces to our computer, slowed it downed and had some sort of bomb thing attached to it. We are going to continue developing engine, instead of restarting like I stated earlie, if your wondering who this we is, well my dad owns this company and so I was working with pros, I did all graphics and I was also the one saying how the game will be. Thats why it takes so long cause of this:
1.- My dad does other things beside programming
2.- I have school
3.- I really don't want to make any more non-profit things
4.- My school server will host it, but they want money
5.- I want to do other original ideas that actually bring me money
6.- I really don't need to do it
7.- I like project entropia cause I make money there that I can actually turn into real dollars, something not going to be in my game.
8.- I know nothing of NeS, and still I don't feel like making futuristic stuff, I'm more of a mid-evil when it comes to doing my graphics dude, thats why I added in my votes for the MMO or MMORPG The Last Samurai, Lord of the Rings, etc etc....
2005-04-05, 8:24 PM #18
If only you could create a program that somehow added proper puntuation to run-on sentences...
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-05, 8:27 PM #19
Quote:
Originaly Posted by Spork
If only you could create a program that somehow added proper puntuation to run-on sentences...

If only there was one for grammar now...
2005-04-05, 8:32 PM #20
His grammar is fine, he just spelled punctuation incorrectly.

As for the topic, I have no clue what you're all talking about.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-04-05, 8:34 PM #21
So was your master sword like 10,000 polygons d00d
D E A T H
2005-04-05, 8:36 PM #22
yea im so incredibly lost still..
whenever any form of government becomes destructive to securing the rights of the governed, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it
---Thomas jefferson, Declaration of Independance.
2005-04-05, 8:46 PM #23
For those of you who still don't understand, a while back I started an MMO or MMORPG dedicated to massassi, so many complications came, and now the source code seems to have been stolen.
2005-04-05, 8:51 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01
If only there was one for grammar now...

Right... Good luck with those 'examens'.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-05, 8:56 PM #25
Spork wins.
Pissed Off?
2005-04-05, 9:00 PM #26
Quote:
any how this spyware didn't just spy on us, it also gave acces to our computer, slowed it downed and had some sort of bomb thing attached to it.

Does anyone else find this funny as hell? A bomb? WTF?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-04-05, 9:01 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01
any how this spyware didn't just spy on us, it also gave acces to our computer, slowed it downed and had some sort of bomb thing attached to it.

Hahahaha...I haven't laughed that much all week. Just slow down an read what you wrote. "Didn't just spy on us"..."had some sort of bomb thing attached to it" hahahaha.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-04-05, 9:02 PM #28
boom.

what is it? Somebody set us up the bomb...

Some nonsense like that. You all know what I'm getting at.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-04-05, 9:05 PM #29
Wow, Emon... we posted the exact same thing at the same time. Great minds think alike I 'spose.
2005-04-05, 9:06 PM #30
hey come on.. I was only a minute behind! Give ME SOME CREDIT!!! [/whine]

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-04-05, 9:08 PM #31
Well, that depends.. did it take you two minutes to type that and you didn't see the other two posts first? :p
2005-04-05, 9:09 PM #32
Tools think alike. Great minds think for themselves.

Yay Aladdin.
Kenya, Now with lions and tigers.
2005-04-05, 9:12 PM #33
This thread is funny. And its not a good funny.

o.0
2005-04-05, 9:17 PM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Well, that depends.. did it take you two minutes to type that and you didn't see the other two posts first? :p

Uhh... I'm ahh.. a very slow... typer. O_o

2005-04-05, 10:12 PM #35
What the hell is going on?
2005-04-05, 10:14 PM #36
we're just enjoying a good bashing.

2005-04-06, 4:15 AM #37
And here's the problems with your "MMO":

A. A variant of VB? For a full-fledged game? *explosion*
B. Spyware, eh? Okay, first off, even if this did happen, it wasn't spyware. Second off, you act as if someone wrote a program specifically to take down your system, which leads me to believe one of two things:
1. You have no idea how to secure important data, nor back up important data.
2. Why the hell would anyone want to attack you specifically, when there is much better things to attack.
C. We told you about all this stuff that you listed in your last thread. And now you realize that it's all true?
D. I still don't believe for a second that you have any idea what you are doing.
2005-04-06, 6:27 AM #38
Announcing new MMORPGLOLROFLMAOBRB! It's going to be based on the Da Vinci Cde series of novels by author J.C. Rowling and will be kickass! It will be hosted on the White House servers, (Right, GWB?) and will be able to support 4 Billion Users. It has AWESOME 64 bit graphicx. Bill Gates donated the original engine, but I can't mention the name. unfortuneately that Engine's source code got hacked by Kevin Mitnick and turned into a notepad-like word processor. But that's ok, because now I'm able to spread my creative wings and make a brand new Engine from scratch. And best of all, this new engine is going to be written entirely in QuickBASIC! IT's already in Super Ultra Double Beta (Right, Brian?) And don't question me me: my dad, Al Gore, invented the internet! Why just last night my old man found a way to transfer over a thousand bytes of data in a 1Kb packet! He did this by changing all the zeros to ones and vice versa.

Everyone get your hopes up for t his amazing new game! And don't worry that I don't have any screenshots, list of features, development timeline, etc. all that stuff is secondary to the cloud of hype that I'm going to generate. More to follow!
Real Programmers always confuse Christmas and Halloween because Oct31 == Dec25
2005-04-06, 6:56 AM #39
MASSASSI THE GAME! : The Search for Brian's soul...

Geez, it sounds worse than that version of quake some guy tried to make, text only.....

You turn left....
Grunt fires at you.
You fire back.
Grunt -20hp
You kill grunt.
nope.
2005-04-06, 7:58 AM #40
Aye. Text version of Quake. I killed the construction worker.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.

↑ Up to the top!