Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post your MP3 player
Post your MP3 player
2005-04-16, 6:20 PM #41
Quote:
Originally posted by NoESC
Sharp Zaurus + 256MB SD Card + custom compiled mplayer + vlc + wifi

Listen to MP3s, stream dvds and divx from my PC, listen to internet radio while around the house, take episodes of robot chicken with me...

GOOD STUFF.

<3 PSP.

Listen to MP3s, play movies, browse the web (wifi), internet radio coming soon.

GOOD STUFF.
2005-04-16, 8:32 PM #42
Quote:
Originally posted by gbk
Which one is that? 5600? Id kill for one of those... :(

It's the 5500. I've actually got 2 of them right now, but the spare is missing the stylus and the docking station. You can have it if you want it, I know you can get the stylus from amazon here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00007BGMW/qid=1113708698/sr=8-3/ref=pd_csp_3/104-7851528-3255934?v=glance&s=electronics&n=507846

The dock I'm sure you could get on ebay. PM me if you want it...

And Matty... until it's running linux, it's just not as cool. :p
gbk is 50 probably

MB IS FAT
2005-04-16, 8:37 PM #43
[http://www.uhu.ch/images/ripdrive.gif]

I have a unique one! No one I know has heard of these.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-04-16, 8:52 PM #44
20Gb 3rd Gen iPod, 512 MB iPod Shuffle.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-04-16, 9:06 PM #45
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
Lucy!

Ahh...yes. The naming of them. Mine is known as "Dell-pod".
2005-04-16, 9:12 PM #46
Mine is generally known as 'Thats-a-weird-looking-iPod'.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-04-16, 9:14 PM #47
Quote:
Originally posted by happydud
I have a unique one! No one I know has heard of these.

I have, but I think I heard of them from you on these forums. :p
2005-04-16, 9:25 PM #48
living in the past
[http://necropimp.home.insightbb.com/portable2.jpg]

i want to get one of these and one of these
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-04-16, 11:44 PM #49
Quote:
Originally posted by Malus
Rio Karma for portable use

You win. As far as I've found, the Rio Karma is still the best overall player. Nothing else seems to have the wide codec variety (Ogg Vorbis is the most essential) and still have a high quality output. I think it has a line out, right?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-04-17, 3:45 AM #50
My iPod is called William, my laptop Geoff, and my desktop Akhbar.

My last car was Christine, and this one's FeeFee (Fiona).
2005-04-17, 5:54 AM #51
Quote:
Originally posted by Emon
You win. As far as I've found, the Rio Karma is still the best overall player. Nothing else seems to have the wide codec variety (Ogg Vorbis is the most essential) and still have a high quality output. I think it has a line out, right?

The old iRivers had OGG support, but I'm unsure about the new ones. And they're expensive.

:gbk:
D E A T H
2005-04-17, 7:46 AM #52
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
The old iRivers had OGG support, but I'm unsure about the new ones. And they're expensive.

:gbk:

Except they didn't come with a dock with RCA outs on it. You could just put it on top of the living room stereo and blast your MP3 collection through it while it charges. You can even remote-control the Karma over a network, seeing as the docking station has a ethernet port on it.
2005-04-17, 6:07 PM #53
you can hook up any portable player to your home stereo... even a dollar store portable radio
2005-04-17, 6:53 PM #54
How? I've never tried it.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-04-17, 6:56 PM #55
RIO Forge.
2005-04-17, 7:36 PM #56
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson
How? I've never tried it.

male to male = WIN
D E A T H
2005-04-17, 7:41 PM #57
Quote:
Originally posted by DrkJedi82
you can hook up any portable player to your home stereo... even a dollar store portable radio

Yeah, but having the proper plugs off the bat on a docking station is so much nicer. :p
2005-04-17, 7:53 PM #58
Quote:
male to male = WIN

anything else you'd like to tell us?

:em321:
2005-04-17, 8:24 PM #59
They make headphone to RCA adapters. I let my roommate use mine with his iPod when we held our housewarming party, seeing as we had just moved in that day and didn't have our computers set up yet.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-04-17, 8:33 PM #60
Quote:
Originally posted by Emon

The dock has a line out, but not the player itself. I find the headphone jack a fine line out when necessary, but I tend to have it hooked up to a portable amp most of the time. The codec variety especially appeals to me, because all my files are OGGs transcoded from FLACs. When playing on the PC, I just use the FLACs with ReplayGain. The OGGs have the ReplayGain settings applied when I transcode, making them all the same volume on my Karma. It's wonderful.

I don't actually use the Karma for music at home, though. I have a Windows box (bleh) with an EMU-0404->Headphile 0404 Dongle->Gilmore V2->SR-325's or a Sonic T-amp with Athena BS-1's.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]
2005-04-17, 8:44 PM #61
iPod shuffle 1GB, I named it Pico.
Holds like 18 hours of music? I think. And the battery lasts around 12 hours, so I see no reason to get a heavier player. I don't have much music (or taste in music) anyway, so this little one is perfect for me.

I also had a 32mb Rio trinket back in the day. When I flew with it, the security people had no idea wtf it was. I tried to explain it was "a little music computer," but they declared it was an FM radio and that I could take it, but it had to be off during the flight. Yeah.
2005-04-17, 11:32 PM #62
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane
[http://www.connectedhomemag.com/Articles/Images/dell_vert.jpg]

Dell Digital Jukebox 20GB

Same, but 15 gigs
Pissed Off?
2005-04-18, 12:43 AM #63
Creative Nomad Muvo 128MB. It's good if I want to listen to a CD I just bought but it's just not cutting the mustard anymore.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-04-18, 1:52 AM #64
Quote:
Originally posted by Martyn
20 gig also. Plenty o room :)

Same - Love it!
2005-04-18, 3:54 AM #65
Quote:
Originally posted by Masq
iPod shuffle 1GB, I named it Pico.
Holds like 18 hours of music? I think. And the battery lasts around 12 hours, so I see no reason to get a heavier player. I don't have much music (or taste in music) anyway, so this little one is perfect for me.

I also had a 32mb Rio trinket back in the day. When I flew with it, the security people had no idea wtf it was. I tried to explain it was "a little music computer," but they declared it was an FM radio and that I could take it, but it had to be off during the flight. Yeah.

A. Shuffles are a ripoff - Refer to any other thread I talk about them.
B. The airport security was retarded. Even if it was an FM Radio, there is no reason it couldn't be on during flight.

The things they don't want on during a flight is stuff that broadcasts a signal, like cellphones and the like. I don't think an FM radio talks back to the station :p
2005-04-18, 4:21 AM #66
Quote:
Originally posted by Cool Matty
A. Shuffles are a ripoff - Refer to any other thread I talk about them.
B. The airport security was retarded. Even if it was an FM Radio, there is no reason it couldn't be on during flight.

The things they don't want on during a flight is stuff that broadcasts a signal, like cellphones and the like. I don't think an FM radio talks back to the station :p

You've still never given me a better player than the shuffle for the price. You just declare they're a ripoff.

So yeah, either give me a better alternative for the price, or stfu. Preferrably the second one.
D E A T H
2005-04-18, 5:59 AM #67
Quote:
You've still never given me a better player than the shuffle for the price. You just declare they're a ripoff.

There's a 1.5gb player on TigerDirect.ca, with a backlit screen and similar battery life for only 5 dollars more than the 512 mb Shuffle.
2005-04-18, 10:15 AM #68
I have a Creative muVo, 64mb. These are really good little players, fairly simple but decent sound. I've only got 2 gripes though, and that is:
1 - 64mb. I can fit only like 12 songs on that. It's nice for going to sleep to, or working out and such, but eh........
2 - If you turn it up full blast and plug it into some speakers, it stalls, or skips, if you will. I'm not sure if that has to do with volume, or the bit rate of the mp3s, or what. I've just noticed if I turn it down, it doesn't do it. WEIRD!

My mom, dad and little brother all have iPod mini's, which I would love to have, but can't seem to see spending the money. That I'm sure will change over the next few months or so.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
2005-04-18, 10:24 AM #69
Eh.. I'm still happy with my iPod shuffle. I had a limited price range and actually like how simple the design is (fewer things to go wrong). I played with the 20GB mini in the store but all the menus and the weight weren't for me.

I don't need more than 1GB because I honestly don't have enough songs to fill even that with stuff I really like. Then again, I don't pirate, so my collection remains small.
2005-04-18, 12:03 PM #70
I have none. Actually I don't even have any music. *Plays on HL2*
2005-04-18, 12:47 PM #71
I'm going to get a black muvo n200 thing. They look nice. :)
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-04-18, 1:29 PM #72
Traded The Last Samurai for it....

It's better than my old cd player :P
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-04-18, 6:30 PM #73
[http://images.tigerdirect.com/SKUimages/medium/THD-1200H8.jpg]
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-19, 5:21 PM #74
Got me a Karma. I use Winamp. 11 Gigs of music and growing fast. Got the Karma using this deal right here http://www.rioworld.org/yabbse/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=5864 with a price like that, you'd have to be some kind of moron to buy an iPod shuffle (or just about anything else for that matter)!
I'm just loving all the fun features it has.

[http://www.riovolution.com/images/devices/gallery/empeg-01.jpg]
2005-04-19, 5:29 PM #75
RIO FORGE 256 MB

I have a question. I'm kinda new to this. How do you post so good quality pictures. I have to always convert to GIF, else it doesn't display the pic, but is available for download...
And [IMG] is to put a HTTP URl...[/img]
Skateboarding is not a crime.

↑ Up to the top!