Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New Halo 2 Maps coming out!
New Halo 2 Maps coming out!
2005-04-20, 4:31 PM #1
http://www.bungie.net/Games/Halo2/Gallery.aspx?Gallery=Screenshots&page=6
Now let's wait for a no dual weapons option in multi.. :rolleyes:
2005-04-20, 4:59 PM #2
Wait! That's in 1600x1200! And it has 6x or 8x anti aliaising on! That's not playing on an X-box my friend! I thought Halo 2 wasn't coming out for PC. Too bad it doesn't look much better than UTK4. :/
2005-04-20, 7:41 PM #3
My god... That one might just be a good Sidewinder replacement. I was SO pissed when they didn't bring that back for Halo 2.
>>untie shoes
2005-04-20, 8:41 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
Wait! That's in 1600x1200! And it has 6x or 8x anti aliaising on! That's not playing on an X-box my friend! I thought Halo 2 wasn't coming out for PC. Too bad it doesn't look much better than UTK4. :/

More than likely it's simply running on the development system which would explain why it doesn't look as good as the best PC games.

I received some email a few weeks back about a Halo 2 (MP) expansion disc which will feature levels (all eventually to be free downloads on XBox Live) and exclusive content for about $20.

I just (couple days ago) started to replay Halo (the first and on XBox) on the Legendary setting. Totally different game. Less running into the fray and more trying to find the best strategy for the situation.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-04-20, 8:53 PM #5
Also has anyone gotten this latest update on live?
Melee damage is back! HELL YEA!
I'm going to pay for a month of live just for this feature alone.
Also Brute Shot will be changed, Assault rifle now has insane accuracy. Some other stuff, bugs fixed. Anti-Cheat stuff.

so in other words, Halo 2 doesn't suck any more.
2005-04-20, 9:22 PM #6
They should probably add limited energy to the MP energy sword, giving that thing unlimited power is pretty ridiculous when you can kill in one slash.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-04-20, 10:12 PM #7
Yea, it is a bit overpowered. But easily countered by anyone with a little bit of skill. It really only work for sneaking up on people.
2005-04-21, 9:13 AM #8
Shotgun owns sword.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-04-21, 9:24 AM #9
Woo! More content to a completely overated game!
2005-04-21, 11:08 AM #10
And how, may you please explain, does a game being overrated effect that it is indeed, fun, to play?
I don't give a rat's butt what other people think. I enjoy it.
2005-04-21, 11:30 AM #11
I heard that the map pack will be titled "Chiron: Variations on a theme"
This Space Intentionally Left Blank.
2005-04-21, 1:10 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel King
And how, may you please explain, does a game being overrated effect that it is indeed, fun, to play?
I don't give a rat's butt what other people think. I enjoy it.

There are way better things to play.

Maybe they should make an Oni2, instead of dumping time into this junk.
2005-04-21, 1:23 PM #13
I hear ya for the Oni2!!! Oni rocked!
2005-04-21, 5:03 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06

I received some email a few weeks back about a Halo 2 (MP) expansion disc which will feature levels (all eventually to be free downloads on XBox Live) and exclusive content for about $20.

no... only like 2 of the new maps are going to be free...
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-04-21, 5:14 PM #15
For a while.
They are just ripping off the impatient people. By the end of summer, they will all be free.
2005-04-21, 5:35 PM #16
no... premium DLC NEVER becomes free... maybe you are just repeating some major misinformation or your own hopes but it won't happen
2005-04-21, 6:45 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by DrkJedi82
no... premium DLC NEVER becomes free... maybe you are just repeating some major misinformation or your own hopes but it won't happen

Hurray for looking things up!

-.-

Quote:
So the basic details for the new map release plan go like this:

* We're releasing a total of nine new multiplayer maps.
* All nine maps will eventually be available as Live downloads and as a normal boxed game disc - available at retail for $19.99 (US).
* The release on Live will be staggered, some paid, some free!
* The first two maps are free and coming in a few short weeks. (late April)
* The same day the 2 free maps are released, 2 additional maps will be available for purchase.
* The remaining 5 maps will be made available as a paid download on the same day the retail package goes on sale.
* The retail disc will contain extras, including a documentary, a cool project from our cinematic and animation team, every Halo 2 update released so far and possily one or two other little treats.
* By late summer, ALL the maps will be available for free.[/i]

It is complicated, but the vagaries of matchmaking playlist rollout, the precedent set by making Live content available to non-Live users, the implementation of anti-cheat fixes and the support required to make the whole experience work smoothly, are somewhat unique in the annals of Xbox gaming. So please, bear with us.

Linkage to my source.

So to sum it up even SHORTER...

2 free maps on Monday. If you want, you can buy 2 MORE maps on Monday as well. Those are all the maps you get until the retail disk is released, at which point the remaining 5 maps will be up for purchase. By the end of the summer, you won't have to pay for anything anymore. Maps will be free. Period.

Me personally? I'm just going to buy the retail disk. It's a downfall of not having Live, but even if I did, I'd still end up buying it.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-04-21, 9:02 PM #18
well then they are the first people to do that... and i'll just laugh at all the idiots who pay for the downloads... but i'm shocked that i haven't heard about this... last time i checked they weren't going to do that
2005-04-21, 9:05 PM #19
Well last time I checked, they were :) Actually the only time I checked. And I techincally didn't check, a freind sent a link lol.

So what's this I hear about a golden worthog? Google results are sketchy, anyone here gotten it or is it false?
2005-04-21, 9:12 PM #20
It's fake. Just like the Yellow Banshee from Halo. Or is that an inside joke at Halo.Bungie.Org... I forget. The golden hog is the same thing as the yellow civilian hog, which isn't included ANYWHERE in the game data. I'm pretty damned positive of that. The only way you'd get a gold hog is to mod the texture files and insert them back into the game.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2005-04-22, 5:59 AM #21
Why do so many people think it's cool to bash this game? What do so many people find wrong with it? I, personally, several of my friends, and my brother all love the game to death. I have no idea why so many other people hate it so much. It's just a normal shooter with several unique features and awesome graphics! :confused:
DO NOT WANT.
2005-04-22, 6:02 AM #22
Because it's not got awsome graphics, there arent really any unique features and it's terribly overrated.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-04-22, 6:14 AM #23
Exactly - people act like its the best thing to ever happen to gaming - when most of its already been done before.

The only thing that really stood out for me and Halo 2 was kicking people out of vehicles.

How UT04 needed something like that!

I'm not saying its a bad game, just way overrated.
2005-04-22, 6:22 AM #24
Whereas I will say its a bad game. Played it several times round at a friends, just boring.
nope.
2005-04-22, 6:44 AM #25
Another reason why I don't like consoles: you have to actually pay for maps. No PC publisher could get away with that.
2005-04-22, 6:44 AM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare
Exactly - people act like its the best thing to ever happen to gaming - when most of its already been done before.

And my point stands - how does that change anything? It's an enjoyable game. Who cares if there's others like it or anything like that. It's a long shot from GOTY IMO, SP had its flaws (Flood monster - WTF, looked like ***, made no sense - last minute fill in?) Multiplayer is horrible unbalanced.

Etc.

But we like it. We don't care what you think of it. This thread was meant to promote Halo, not have a bunch of people come in and bash it. Go away. :mad:
2005-04-22, 7:33 AM #27
Quote:

I guess I could have gone on to say that I followed the link to bungie.net but ...

Quote:
no... only like 2 of the new maps are going to be free...

Quote:

Hooray for some facts now ...

Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
Linkage to my source.

2 free maps on Monday. If you want, you can buy 2 MORE maps on Monday as well. Those are all the maps you get until the retail disk is released, at which point the remaining 5 maps will be up for purchase. By the end of the summer, you won't have to pay for anything anymore. Maps will be free. Period.

Proved right again. Sorry, just felt like gloating especially since DrkJedi82 was either just repeating some misinformation or his own hopes! :D

Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
Another reason why I don't like consoles: you have to actually pay for maps. No PC publisher could get away with that.

I cannot even count the number of PC publishers that have released expansion discs that may contain some superfluous single player material and mostly multiplayer material. Hell, Counter Strike is the BIGGEST offender. And in this case the XBox maps are going to be free.

I may actually buy the disc but more because it may contain exclusive material I'm interested in and not for the maps.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-04-22, 2:34 PM #28
Ugh... I hate people who bash something simply to be different than everyone else who likes it. Even if you people don't like the game is it really neccessary to come into a thread about it and tell everyone about how much you hate it. It just seems like some stupid cry for attention to me.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2005-04-22, 3:26 PM #29
Who says we're not liking it because everyone else likes it?

:confused:

Why is it overated you ask?

BECAUSE IT DID GET MANY GOTY AWARDS!!!!

I didn't read anything saying "*** kissers for Halo, lets post here!"

And you guys fueled the discussion. One guy said it was overrated. People than ask why is it overrated or why insult it when its overrated? So we respond...

Now you're like "Wahh! Stop ruining my thread! Let's promote Halo 2!"

Look at any thread on anything on Massassi. Battlefront? People responded saying the first sucked. I don't see people crying there. Star Wars? People respond saying prequels suck. I don't see anyone crying there.

Now let the crying begin here...
2005-04-22, 3:48 PM #30
Maybe it was chosen GOTY from those sources because they liked it enough to make it GOTY? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's overrated and bad...
DO NOT WANT.
2005-04-22, 4:45 PM #31
I liked Halo 2, but the X-Box controls are a wee clunky for my liking. Please, for the love of Kak, bring on the PC version.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-04-22, 5:58 PM #32
Quote:
Who says we're not liking it because everyone else likes it?
Generally, people saying games are overated are saying they don't like it.

Why is it overated you ask?

BECAUSE IT DID GET MANY GOTY AWARDS!!!!

This is a map/update thread, not a discussion of the ratings. That would be offtopic.

I didn't read anything saying "*** kissers for Halo, lets post here!"

Me either, hey we must be brothers! :rolleyes:

And you guys fueled the discussion. One guy said it was overrated. People than ask why is it overrated or why insult it when its overrated? So we respond...

And you started it....Sorry for trying to defend my thread.

Now you're like "Wahh! Stop ruining my thread! Let's promote Halo 2!"

... Um yes, because that was the point of the thread, genious. Not to talk about the ratings. Oh yes, don't forget I was clearly whinning.

Look at any thread on anything on Massassi. Battlefront? People responded saying the first sucked. I don't see people crying there. Star Wars? People respond saying prequels suck. I don't see anyone crying there.

Well guess what, my thread. I'll have to to try to stay on focus. Oh wait..I gotta cry some more... *crying*

You seem to have a bigger issue on hand than me. Sorry for trying to stay on topic of the thread, again, my apologies, it will never happen again.
Actually.. oh crap, if it happens again I'll have to whine and cry some more about it... :rolleyes:
2005-04-22, 6:18 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by - Tony -
I liked Halo 2, but the X-Box controls are a wee clunky for my liking. Please, for the love of Kak, bring on the PC version.

i remember reading somewhere in an invterview with someoen from bungie that a PC version is unlikely...
2005-04-22, 6:44 PM #34
Squirrel, anyone that calls someone a "genious" (quoting you), yet cannot even spell genius is not worth my time
2005-04-22, 6:44 PM #35
Quote:
I cannot even count the number of PC publishers that have released expansion discs that may contain some superfluous single player material and mostly multiplayer material. Hell, Counter Strike is the BIGGEST offender. And in this case the XBox maps are going to be free.

You said it before I could. End of summer = Free Maps. What part of that did you not understand?

And DrkJedi82, I think it'll happen at some point. Bungie won't be porting it though, and it probably won't happen for some time. I mean really, the game is making lots of money and has an Xbox AND PC fan base. Economically speaking, the good people in charge would be foolish not to cash in on it. It's simply the way things work.
Last Stand
2005-04-22, 6:52 PM #36
Quote:
Squirrel, anyone that calls someone a "genious" (quoting you), yet cannot even spell genius is not worth my time

And anyone picky enough to ignore all of someone's points just because they ironically spelled a word wrong is not worth anyone's time.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-04-22, 7:16 PM #37
Halo 2 did not in any way, shape, or form deserve GotY for the consoles. But it got it anyways. And this is coming from someone who LIKES Halo 2.
D E A T H
2005-04-22, 7:38 PM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by - Tony -

I that too, but then again, we already have UTK4, which isn't whole lot different besides the SP. The graphics aren't phenomenal. It's really just another FPS. I don't even own most of the FPS's for PC let alone playing them to their full potential. And then there is HL2. <3 *plays Hl2*
2005-04-22, 7:49 PM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Halo 2 did not in any way, shape, or form deserve GotY for the consoles. But it got it anyways. And this is coming from someone who LIKES Halo 2.

Not denying that - no way it deserved it, if for no other reason than that flood monster - WTF lol.
2005-04-22, 8:01 PM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by Zell
And anyone picky enough to ignore all of someone's points just because they ironically spelled a word wrong is not worth anyone's time.

Yet Zell, you just spent that time you so harshly dismissed as not worthy...

Thank you

:rolleyes:

↑ Up to the top!