Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New Halo 2 Maps coming out!
New Halo 2 Maps coming out!
2005-04-22, 8:17 PM #41
Out of idle curiousity, what, exactly, is the "official" source for GOTY information?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-04-22, 9:36 PM #42
Quote:
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare
Yet Zell, you just spent that time you so harshly dismissed as not worthy...

Thank you

:rolleyes:

You're just trying to justify yourself. You ignored what he said, while he made good points, and made fun of a small misspelling as well, and that angers me.

Let's stop this bickering before we get this thread closed and get some nice little warnings in our PM boxes, hmm?
DO NOT WANT.
2005-04-22, 9:45 PM #43
Quote:
Originally posted by Demon_Nightmare
Who says we're not liking it because everyone else likes it?

:confused:

Why is it overated you ask?

BECAUSE IT DID GET MANY GOTY AWARDS!!!!

I didn't read anything saying "*** kissers for Halo, lets post here!"

And you guys fueled the discussion. One guy said it was overrated. People than ask why is it overrated or why insult it when its overrated? So we respond...

Now you're like "Wahh! Stop ruining my thread! Let's promote Halo 2!"

Look at any thread on anything on Massassi. Battlefront? People responded saying the first sucked. I don't see people crying there. Star Wars? People respond saying prequels suck. I don't see anyone crying there.

Now let the crying begin here...

I don't want to promote Halo 2 here. It definately has its flaws. I just think it adds nothing to a discussion about new multiplayer maps to start talking about why you think halo 2 sucks.

(oh, and also disliking it because others like it and disliking it because it is overated are generally the same damn thing)
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2005-04-22, 9:54 PM #44
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
And DrkJedi82, I think it'll happen at some point. Bungie won't be porting it though, and it probably won't happen for some time. I mean really, the game is making lots of money and has an Xbox AND PC fan base. Economically speaking, the good people in charge would be foolish not to cash in on it. It's simply the way things work.

I disagree that not releasing the game on PC would be foolish. At least to the extent that forcing as many people as posible to buy XBox is the goal. When Halo2 is no longer a motivating factor for XBox purchases we might see a PC version.

Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
Out of idle curiousity, what, exactly, is the "official" source for GOTY information?

GOTY are really up to whoever has a GOTY award. In other words every magazine, website, etc. I don't know what the big deal is. They're at least as worthless as an Academy Award.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-04-22, 10:14 PM #45
Quote:
Originally posted by Zojombize
I just think it adds nothing to a discussion about new multiplayer maps to start talking about why you think halo 2 sucks.

Am I reading the same thread? Did I say anywhere that Halo 2 sucks? The only thing I said that could be even close is

"I'm not saying its a bad game, just way overrated."

I actually like Halo 2. Yet I think it's overrated.

"Generally, people saying games are overated are saying they don't like it."

Point refuted.

"This is a map/update thread, not a discussion of the ratings. That would be offtopic. "

Why did he bring it up then? Trace the posts, he mentioned it first. And we actually both agree in the fact its not GOTY material.

"Me either, hey we must be brothers!"

You're right, I can't believe I ignored that Zell. Very valid.

"And you started it....Sorry for trying to defend my thread."

Wrong. Rob said first comment. Than you Zell started the "Why do people complain". Then TheJkWhoSaysNi had a counter opinion, I POSTED, Boco finished it. I, myself, started nothing.

"Um yes, because that was the point of the thread, genious. Not to talk about the ratings. Oh yes, don't forget I was clearly whinning. "

I've already addressed this. He wants to promote Halo - yay for him. I, and anyone else, can damn well post if we feel its overrated. Let me restate - I like Halo 2. But its overrated! *shocked*

"Well guess what, my thread. I'll have to to try to stay on focus. Oh wait..I gotta cry some more... *crying*"

Another valid point. Can't believe I missed it.

Happy Zell? How many good points did he really have there? I ignored them because half were childish, and the rest were either wrong or putting words in my mouth.

So yes, I like Halo 2. I play it whenever I'm at the dorms with people. But I still can think its overrated.
2005-04-23, 9:20 AM #46
Yes, very. :p
DO NOT WANT.
2005-04-23, 9:38 AM #47
Yeah you're right I overeacted a little. I probably should have said overated instead of sucks.
Aquapark - Untitled JK Arena Level - Prism CTF
2005-04-23, 9:42 AM #48
Rofl Demon, you're calling ME childish? Have you looked at your posts?
If it wasn't for YOUR childness I would have droped the issue.
2005-04-23, 9:46 AM #49
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel King
Rofl Demon, you're calling ME childish? Have you looked at your posts?
If it wasn't for YOUR childness I would have droped the issue.

"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

2005-04-23, 10:08 AM #50
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel King
Rofl Demon, you're calling ME childish?

No, I'm calling your post childish. To judge you based on your posts would be stereotyping and illogical.

Glad to see though that the reasoning for your actions is based on what other people do first.

;)
2005-04-23, 10:22 AM #51
lol I know what you meant. I directed you to your posts, so I I could figure out the same for myself.

And Mega, I know I'm a fool :p That's not the point here though.
And yea I know I'm just continuing the offtopicness with the posts but I don't leave an arguement till I win or make myself look like a complete idiot. But yea, we'll stop it here.

So yea, I hated sidewinder, but this new one looks to be alright.
2005-04-23, 6:37 PM #52
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06
GOTY are really up to whoever has a GOTY award. In other words every magazine, website, etc. I don't know what the big deal is. They're at least as worthless as an Academy Award.

That was the impression I was getting (that ANYONE could put one out). So if that's true, why does anyone give a rats patootie what gets a GOTY? Ignore it. Halo got GOTY? Ok, that's nice. I'm a big fan of it and I don't care that it got GOTY by someone. meh.

And Sidewinder was awesome. It was a fun map. I don't get a chance to play on it nearly often enough. Mainly because it's only really fun for CTF, and with a bunch of people. Four on Four at the very least.

Containment looks awesome just because of the sheer number of ways to get from point A to point B and the amount of cover provided. The gate system for the bases (if you've seen the RvB walkthrough of the map you'll know what I'm talking about) is really, really cool. What's even cooler about it, is the fact that you need a LOT of teamwork to make it to that switch. It's completely open to sniper fire. And the mines scattered about are (hopefully) pretty damned fatal to vehicals and easy to set off.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!