Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Soda vs. Pop
Soda vs. Pop
2005-04-24, 9:07 PM #41
I don't drink soda. :p Water > *

2005-04-24, 9:41 PM #42
Quote:
Originally posted by Genki
pop > you
2005-04-24, 9:42 PM #43
Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral Zarn
i agree with wuss..... i dont like it when someone refered to it as "pop".... when they refer to it as coke i think their talking about coca-cola..... i prefer soda, as it has been refered to since it was sold only at the drug store dispenser things

That fact doesn't make the term "soda" less sucky.
:)
2005-04-24, 10:48 PM #44
No, but my detailed analysis sure does! Ahaha! Seriously though, all this can be avoided if you just ask for what you really want: Pepsi. Or Coke. Or Mountian Dew. Or whatever.
Warhead[97]
2005-04-24, 10:56 PM #45
It's coke.

But better soda than pop.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-04-24, 11:06 PM #46
What about "cola"?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-04-25, 9:02 AM #47
Ewww.

And soda all the way.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-04-25, 9:36 AM #48
Quote:
Originally posted by Michael MacFarlane
It's coke.

But better soda than pop.

Coke doesnt even make sense unless you're reffering to coca cola.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-04-25, 9:49 AM #49
s o d a

i hait living in the south where if you ask for a "coke" thay ask you "what kind", and thay dont mean "cherrie or vanella".
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-04-25, 10:16 AM #50
Quote:
Originally posted by TheJkWhoSaysNi
Coke doesnt even make sense unless you're reffering to coca cola.

Except there's plenty of 'coke' brands that aren't coca cola. Every supermarket around here has its own cheap, horrible own-brand coke.

'Soda' refers to anything that contains NaHCO3, like baking powders, antacids, and effervescent drinks.

Edit: that's sodium hydrogen carbonate, that is.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-04-25, 2:23 PM #51
Technically, Coke specifically refers to Coca-Cola (and a few other things). The "proper" term for those kinds of drinks is cola. I am a Wuss and cringe when people say "pop," "soda," or "soda pop." Usually I refer to it as a "drink," or more specifically a "carbonated drink," or even more specifically (and most often) I specifically say what I want (e.g. Sprite, Coca-Cola, and when appropriate, Jones Soda, Cream Soda, etc.).
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2005-04-25, 2:31 PM #52
Quote:
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
Except there's plenty of 'coke' brands that aren't coca cola. Every supermarket around here has its own cheap, horrible own-brand coke.

Actually the drink is called Cola. Coca cola is a specific brand of cola. Not a brand of coke.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-04-25, 2:32 PM #53
Yes, 'carbonated' drink is good.
'fizzy', though vastly inferior, is also acceptable.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935

↑ Up to the top!