Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → XBox 360 Final design
XBox 360 Final design
2005-04-25, 6:47 PM #1
Haven't seen this posted here yet

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=35512&subsectionid=1586

And.... discuss
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-04-25, 6:49 PM #2
It reminds me strongly of a Mac.
2005-04-25, 6:56 PM #3
I can't see very much, but it looks iinteresting.
2005-04-25, 6:56 PM #4
thats like and xbox/tivo lovechild visually

and whats with the one controller port? that sucks
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-04-25, 6:57 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
It reminds me strongly of a Mac.

This is a bad thing?

I want to know where the controller ports are. IF there are controller ports... Wireless is nice... but somehow I don't like the idea... something about it bugs me.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-04-25, 7:08 PM #6
Cute.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-04-25, 7:14 PM #7
Ugh after using wireless controllers I hate being bounded by cords :P

I think Nintendo was talking about Wireless controllers.. I may have read wrong.
2005-04-25, 7:20 PM #8
I dont like those memory ports.... no hard drive?!?
2005-04-25, 7:24 PM #9
If you've got a computer you've got a harddrive.

That's the way it immediately sounded to me. I'd have to reread the article to be sure though.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2005-04-25, 7:25 PM #10
It looks purdy.
Very funny Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
2005-04-25, 7:44 PM #11
Heres some more:

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8101/Xbox-360-Revealed/

http://www.spymac.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=170392
2005-04-25, 7:48 PM #12
The controller is illogical and looks to be uncomfortable. Alot like the original Xbox controller, actually. S-type, anyone?
Moo.
2005-04-25, 7:53 PM #13
controllers are all going to be wireless. have you not noticed the memory ports on the front of the current x-box? memory slots don't mean there won't be a harddrive.

but no, there is not going to be a harddrive.
2005-04-25, 7:57 PM #14
Ditto on the controllers comment. Those look awful. Here's to hoping that's far from a final design.

And it WILL have a harddrive. There's a picture floating around that shows it. It snaps on.
Last Stand
2005-04-25, 8:16 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
Ditto on the controllers comment. Those look awful. Here's to hoping that's far from a final design.

And it WILL have a harddrive. There's a picture floating around that shows it. It snaps on.

There and the harddrive is apparently removable
2005-04-25, 8:19 PM #16
Oh great, another console that won't fit under, on top of, or anywhere confined by an entertainment system. Fantastic.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-04-25, 8:28 PM #17
There's no X on the console...how can it be an X-Box? That is a very warped looking "box" as well.

I guess we can't take "X-Box" literally anymore...
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-04-25, 8:39 PM #18
Actually, on the HD issue, here is what I heard.
Two versions of the Xbox: One Basic one, no HD or DVD support. A specail version, DVD support and 40 gig HD.
Could be wrong, but that's just what I heard. This guy seemed to know alot of other facts about the xbox that were true, but this could just be some random rumour to fool around with people.
2005-04-25, 8:48 PM #19
All this talk about HDD. Did anyone else notice
Quote:
Apparently, as well as removable media for saving games, gamers will be able to save games on to their home computers via LAN networks.

Whether or not this will allow game saves to be swapped is still unclear however, as saves may be marked to users' Gamertags.
?

Personally, I find this possibility the most intriguing.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-04-25, 8:52 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel King
Actually, on the HD issue, here is what I heard.
Two versions of the Xbox: One Basic one, no HD or DVD support. A specail version, DVD support and 40 gig HD.
Could be wrong, but that's just what I heard. This guy seemed to know alot of other facts about the xbox that were true, but this could just be some random rumour to fool around with people.

Yeah, I read some stuff on it the other day that was saying the exact same thing. I wouldn't doubt it. Sounds like something Microsoft would do. Supposedly, you can get a hard drive later on if you get the one with out.

I also say it looks like a Mac. That makes me laugh, 'cause everything Microsoft does is, it seems like, just a mac wanna-be. I remember back when Win95 came out, there was a 3 or 4 page ad in a Mac magazine that said something like this:

"Windows 95 has a trash can you can throw old files away in......IMAGINE THAT" (at the bottom in small print, it talked about how macs had had this for quite some time)

"Windows 95 does something else comparable to mac os.....IMAGINE THAT" (I don't remember anything past the first page, but it once again compared Win95 to the Mac OS)

"IMAGINE THIS!" (if I remember correctly, this page talked about macs operating system, and how it had had all these features and more for quite some time, yadda yadda yadda)

Anywho, to make all of this short, it makes me laugh that it looks like a mac.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Thou shalt not weigh more than thy refrigerator.

Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
2005-04-25, 9:09 PM #21
The controller pic has been floating around for months. People have been wondering if it's true. Guess so.

Personally, I think it was cooler when it was black. White sucks. It's all...bright...and crap.
D E A T H
2005-04-25, 9:12 PM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
The controller pic has been floating around for months. People have been wondering if it's true. Guess so.

Personally, I think it was cooler when it was black. White sucks. It's all...bright...and crap.

Not to mention shows dirt easier.
2005-04-25, 9:13 PM #23
Yea, you can see how dirty white things get!

*shakes can of black spray paint* AHEM.
2005-04-25, 9:13 PM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
Oh great, another console that won't fit under, on top of, or anywhere confined by an entertainment system. Fantastic.

I'd love to know why everyone except me seems to have this problem.

Seriously.

The table I have my TV sitting on in my room has a place below it that is the PERFECT size for my Xbox+4 controllers. I also have a nice little spot for it up next to my monitor when I need it hooked into the computer. My phone sits ontop of it in this senario just fine.

I just find it odd that everyone seems to have this issue with their consoles not being able to fit around their entertainment system when I've very easily found two.
Last Stand
2005-04-25, 9:34 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedigreedo
I guess we can't take "X-Box" literally anymore...
And we could before?
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-04-25, 10:39 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
I'd love to know why everyone except me seems to have this problem.

Seriously.

I don't, but I also have a 50" widescreen TV.
The only space-related problem is that my reciever is too tall.
2005-04-26, 10:37 AM #27
It would look better in black.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-04-26, 10:59 AM #28
Yay, another crappy microsoft console to hate!
nope.
2005-04-26, 11:18 AM #29
That white controller looks like some outdated thing from 95. Bleh. Black > White
2005-04-26, 12:28 PM #30
To summerize this page:

Microsoft rips off Apple alot.
X-box sucks.
So does 360.

Somone said somthing about it being...good...I think...

:D

I tend to agree, Microsoft should stick to making computers, and leave Nintendo and Sony to their jobs.

-Nightmare JG :cool:
Still here.
2005-04-26, 2:18 PM #31
Dear Haters and Myth Mongers:

May 12th. MTV. Xbox (2, next, 360, etc.) is revealed.

Best of luck dealing with the new one. I'll be buying it first day. The super edition....

oh, well, you'll all see
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
2005-04-26, 2:19 PM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxisReed
Dear Haters and Myth Mongers:

May 12th. MTV. Xbox (2, next, 360, etc.) is revealed.

Best of luck dealing with the new one. I'll be buying it first day. The super edition....

oh, well, you'll all see

Sure.
D E A T H
2005-04-26, 2:30 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by Z@NARDI
Not to mention shows dirt easier.

Black shows dirt much better than white, unless you commonly throw mud on your consoles... (Dust is white, shows up insanely well)
2005-04-26, 2:47 PM #34
We're talking about dirtyness, not dustyness.
And black hides that better.
2005-04-26, 3:15 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
And we could before?

Let's see.. *looks at console*

Boxy? Check.

"X"? Check.

"X" on the box? Yup.

Pretty literal to me...
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-04-26, 4:25 PM #36
Quote:
Originally posted by Nightmare JG
To summerize this page:

Microsoft rips off Apple alot.

Other than the 360, I dont think they rip off apple at all. I think quite contrary is they case...maybe thats just me.
2005-04-26, 5:02 PM #37
Yes, there are two versions of the X-Box. By the way, I notice on that same site that there is already a Prince of Persia 3 coming out. Don't you think it is too soon?
2005-04-26, 7:55 PM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by Unknown User
Other than the 360, I dont think they rip off apple at all. I think quite contrary is they case...maybe thats just me.

That much is enough...power pc chips in the X-Box? Not to mention they own some stake in apple.
D E A T H
2005-04-26, 8:53 PM #39
What's funnier is that supposedly, XBox 360 dev kits that have been sent out to developers are actaully PowerMac G5s. A few pictures have surfaced, but have yet to be actually confirmed.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-04-26, 10:15 PM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
That much is enough...power pc chips in the X-Box? Not to mention they own some stake in apple.

Yeah, who puts a PowerPC processor in a console anyway? And coupled with ATi graphics to boot. Completely unprecedented!

Microsoft is clearly ripping off apple by making a console containing an IBM chip. As any apple owner will tell you, the primary draw for them was the RISC processor.

And Microsoft owns apple stock? Impossible! Next you'll be telling me that Intel owns AMD stock!
This Space Intentionally Left Blank.

↑ Up to the top!