Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Massassi MMORG info Update, and consulting...
Massassi MMORG info Update, and consulting...
2005-05-05, 4:01 AM #41
You're welcome to use me!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-05-05, 4:18 AM #42
Yeah, Dud has Usb 2.0 and server ports in his neck.
nope.
2005-05-05, 4:36 PM #43
Ok, I'm 15, my dad is not doing this because he's got one of his own projects now, so he's like he's not even alive. The thing is, I will realease something with konfuze by may 19th, in july, I will take out my own engine that will be built from mirage source. My friend won't host the game, because he doesn't like games at all. So, happydud, I will send you the files hopefully this sunday. Regarding graphics, I'll do them by hand. And, I'am greatful with Chuckles, because he stood up for me. I'am thankful. And forget my threats about banning IP's, I want the game to have lots of people, not to be a desrted land. With that, I'm off for the day probably.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-05-05, 8:35 PM #44
Err...okay.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-06, 3:30 AM #45
This is me not caring.
2005-05-06, 4:07 AM #46
Quote:
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01
Ok, I'm 15, my dad is not doing this because he's got one of his own projects now, so he's like he's not even alive. The thing is, I will realease something with konfuze by may 19th, in july, I will take out my own engine that will be built from mirage source. My friend won't host the game, because he doesn't like games at all. So, happydud, I will send you the files hopefully this sunday. Regarding graphics, I'll do them by hand. And, I'am greatful with Chuckles, because he stood up for me. I'am thankful. And forget my threats about banning IP's, I want the game to have lots of people, not to be a desrted land. With that, I'm off for the day probably.

So what you are saying is you are going to release some crap game which will look wholly similar to Konfuze just with a couple name and graphics changes... theeeen....

Your going to create brand new graphics for an engine which is definately more complex than anything you've ever programmed before, in addition to adding new quests, materials, and abilities... all without screwing up the game.

Have fun with that, really.

You know most people here take at least two years of CompSci before they can get any sort of DirectX or OpenGL work done? And that's even a stretch. Most CompSci classes don't even start GUI programming until the second year, and its only just enough teaching to get yourself running a basic office app.
2005-05-06, 4:59 AM #47
Quote:
Originally posted by Cool Matty
You know most people here take at least two years of CompSci before they can get any sort of DirectX or OpenGL work done? And that's even a stretch. Most CompSci classes don't even start GUI programming until the second year, and its only just enough teaching to get yourself running a basic office app.
You can make Notepad in 2 minutes, Wordpad in 8.

Easily.
2005-05-06, 5:18 AM #48
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
This is me not caring.

Was there a need for that post?
nope.
2005-05-06, 8:43 AM #49
With Rob, yes. :D
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-06, 10:59 AM #50
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon`C
You can make Notepad in 2 minutes, Wordpad in 8.

Easily.

And how does that relate to my statement in any way?

You can't write Notepad in two minutes if you haven't taken any classes or studied on your own for a good while...
2005-05-06, 11:58 AM #51
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
This is me not caring.

Wait, when did you ever care?

:confused:
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-06, 2:41 PM #52
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman
Wait, when did you ever care?

:confused:

I was just pointing out, that lying and wasn't something you can blame on being young.
2005-05-06, 4:27 PM #53
The point is..no one is going to give a damn about you or your project if...

1.) You have NEVER EVER posted anything that would showcase any part of your game at all.

2.) There is no evidence that you have actually done any work

3.) You keep making stupid attention whore threads where you outline the project and state "I'm going to do such and such" but never actually doing anything

4.) You have ZERO coding ability whatsoever.

Face it, you're wasting your time and everyone else's. You don't have anywhere near the skills to make a game. Start out small if you want to learn coding, but frankly it sounds like you just want a finished product without any work, and there is no such thing.
2005-05-06, 4:36 PM #54
He didn't say anything about his age there...
nope.
2005-05-06, 4:38 PM #55
DAMNIT.

I always hit the quote button instead of the edit button... :P

It's because the other forum I surf more has the buttons reversed.
2005-05-06, 9:37 PM #56
Quote:
Originally posted by Cool Matty
And how does that relate to my statement in any way?

You can't write Notepad in two minutes if you haven't taken any classes or studied on your own for a good while...

I think maybe his point was, these subjects are not as difficult as you are making them seem. It sounds scary when you mention what year a CompSci major touches upon the subject of OpenGL.

And while the year said may be true, it is also true that working with OpenGL can also be done by people of the age of fifteen, who have never taken any classes on programming, or the subject of OpenGL itself.

↑ Up to the top!