Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Massassi MMORPG in game screenshot...
Massassi MMORPG in game screenshot...
2005-05-08, 4:29 PM #1
Since I'm doing the graphics all alone, I've decided to upload a character to show it, its just a simple strip but here it is:
http://www.freewebs.com/aoamx/Nuetral.bmp
This is the basic character when you start the game. Yes I know its crap, but it was done in less than an hour. Any how, if any one has got a better strip, and wants to post it, be my guest; I'll give full credit of course.
Also, contest: Any one who guesses what model I used as a base for making these images wins an entry to the beta.

EDIT: I see Massassi doesn't like bmp's.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-05-08, 4:34 PM #2
decent
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-05-08, 4:36 PM #3
You think its decent? I thought it every would think its crap. Atleast I didn't rip it off some else.
2005-05-08, 4:37 PM #4
my only comment is to change the filetype of the picture and attach it..
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-05-08, 4:40 PM #5
Massassi MMORPG? What's the picture? Flies?
Can you explain please?
Skateboarding is not a crime.
2005-05-08, 4:42 PM #6
There: what I want to do is give the game a Yoda Stories type look. So you can say that its going to be a MMORPG Desktop Adventure,
2005-05-08, 4:42 PM #7
Oops, forgot to put it in last time. Sorry.
Attachment: 4932/nuetral.jpg (4,128 bytes)
2005-05-08, 4:43 PM #8
To Dominik: Look and read. ;)

EDIT: LOL
2005-05-08, 4:43 PM #9
Oh I get it! It's a guy seen from top-view!
I thought it was a fly...
Skateboarding is not a crime.
2005-05-08, 4:45 PM #10
It seems that you did it incorrectly. When the player walks away from the user, shouldn't his back be seen and not the front of his legs? And when he walks left and right, shouldn't more of his body be seen and not just the front of his legs again? It seems you just made 3 images, and you copied and rotated them.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-08, 4:47 PM #11
Yup, I did. I can get away with it since, I'm making this top view.
2005-05-08, 4:48 PM #12
He walks like a soldier from the nazi party...
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-05-08, 4:49 PM #13
But it's not the top view because you show some of his chest. It appears you have a view with a small angle.

And a MMORPG with just a top view of people head and hair, that won't be terrribly entertaining.
2005-05-08, 4:50 PM #14
LOL, like I said, got a better one that you'd like to post, then do it.
2005-05-08, 4:54 PM #15
Echoman, I on purposely showed part of his chest, because like dominik said, it would look like a fly instead of a man. Well has anyone guesse the model I used as base?
2005-05-08, 4:58 PM #16
This is just a bad-looking sprite, and one would think you just started it like an hour ago. WTF? Where's the user interface? Where's the environment? Show me the equipment screen. Show me a few of the enemies you can fight. Show me some of the items you can use. Show me the class selection screen. Show me your map system.

I have yet to see a screenshot of this "MMORPG". All you've shown us is a crappy sprite than anyone could draw in an hour. I want to see a screenshot of the game in action.

Pfffft, you're just yanking our chains, and frankly, I'm getting really tired of it.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-08, 5:04 PM #17
1.- Its crappy, I said so
2.- I will have a game screenshot by Tuesday, I'm still working on the temple exterior.
3.- there won't be much action to see, maybe me killing a rancor with some rifle.
4.- If any one can do this in less than an hour, than why haven't YOU volunteered, or atleast proved that YOU can do a better job. I'm not bragging about this, and it might be temporary. Theres an old Mexican expresion, I don't know its translation but anyhow, here it is: "El leon cree que todos son de su condicion"

EDIT: If you don't like, you don't have to look at it, talk about it, or play it. Just make your own.
2005-05-08, 5:08 PM #18
Right...

First of all, if you don't know the translation, then what relevance does your little Mexican saying have?

Second, I am not volunteering because there is no evidence that the project exists.

Third, there's no need to tell me it's crappy, I can tell quite tell myself.

Fourth, how do you expect to realease this game by May 19th if you don't even have a single zone built yet? Besides, surely you can show us the title screen or a character screen OR SOMETHING to help further prove that this project does, indeed, exist. Quit spouting your BS and PROVE IT.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-08, 5:11 PM #19
Hold on to your britches, you'll see on monday. I want to post the Massassi Temple it self, and mapping is easy, I could do it in a day, not much strength required,
2005-05-08, 5:16 PM #20
Okay.

Where's Rob? He would love this thread.
2005-05-08, 5:35 PM #21
Well, I'm out of it for the day. I have a lot of things to do, since final exams are coming up soon. Whatever I release on May 19th will not be the full game, it will have these though:
-Menus
-GUI
-Weapons:
Blastech E-11
Ion Rifle
Blastech DL-44 Pistol
Wooden Sword
Rusted Short Sword
Long Sword
Lightsabre (The color will be customizable)
-Maps:
Massassi Temple Out side
Massassi Temple Inside
Massassi Temple Quarters
North Jungle
East Jungle
The Dark Road
Dark Lands
Sith/Jedi Border
Sith Territory
Prison (This is where players who break the rules will go)
Thianian (A small town, friendly to Jedi)
Acrasan (A small town, controled by the Sith)
The Sith Fortress (Will be filled with all kinds of places)
The Cave of Destiny (during some part of the game, you will chose your path in this cave)

-Powers:
Force Heal
Force Lighting (Not sure if this will be possible, seems like it will though)
Force Damage (This might make your client crash)
Possible ones (don't count on these):
Force Speed
Force Strength
Force Destruction
-Items:
Republic Credits
Reoublic Check (worth 1000k in credits)
Med Pack
Adv Med Pack
Weak Force Field
Simple Force Field
Strong Force Field
Weak armor
Passcard (to Temple lvl1 security areas)
Passcard (to lvl2 security areas)
Passcard (to lvl3 security areas)
Passcard (to your own quarters if you buy one)
Tickets (They will be used to get to a map quicker)
-Features:
Day/Night system
Weather system
If you kill a fellow Jedi, you will be sent away from the Jedi, into the Sith lands
You can turn to the dark side any time
Eventually there will be big battles between Jedi and Sith
Guilds
Player to player trade
Things you can own:
Apartements
Quarters
Housing
Mansion
Base
Fortress
Towns
When the war is one, we will restart every one that is not a Master, and we will make it more difficult each time.
Auto-updater(maybe it won't come with it)
Start from a Journey Man, and make your way to a Jedi or Sith Master.
2005-05-08, 5:55 PM #22
All this in almost 10 days?

PS: Make sure your computer doesn't get hit with that mysterious spybot virus worm that nukes and steals you files. Or any other things that might "appear" on your computer.

*shrug*
2005-05-08, 6:00 PM #23
Oh, God, not this thing again.
Real Programmers always confuse Christmas and Halloween because Oct31 == Dec25
2005-05-08, 6:44 PM #24
This is laughable. You are going to make this in 10 days?

1.) I can tell it's going to suck. You clearly don't want to put any effort into it ("I did this in a hour, it's crappy...I can do the mapping in an hour with no effort")

2.) This project sucks

3.) You are very wishy washy and unrealistic about this whole thing. Please give up. Or at least stop making it out to be such a huge project, when really it's a piece of crap.
2005-05-08, 6:52 PM #25
Everyone has at one point set off to make their own game or Jedi Knight TC. Just... don't set goals you can't reach, because no one ever finishes Jedi Knight TCs and stuff. Sooooo many people say "I'm gonna make a video game!" and set huge goals only to get completely defeated. Heh. I only ever finished one game (our of the many I set forth to make) and it was a total joke game. The villain was CATS and it was all about killing Hitler's possesed body and saving the Shire. Man... I need to replay that.

So yeah. Good luck. *Goes to find a copy of his game*
2005-05-08, 8:29 PM #26
Hmm. So it is real. Better than I could do, I'll give you that. Good luck!
2005-05-08, 8:35 PM #27
Geez, Obi. You believe it's real after one measly sprite? Please tell me you require more evidence for things in your everyday life than that.
2005-05-09, 3:47 AM #28
Yeah, that's not really a shot of the game.

What everyone's waiting for is a screenshot of the actual game. With the player character walking around the map, the menu and UI surrounding. It doesn't need to look fantastic. It just needs to show the individual pieces tying together.

That's what you should be focussing on at this stage anyway. Have a red square walking around a green landscape, bumping into red square enemies and firing little yellow square lasers at them.

Then make a map so the landscape becomes a big green expanse with a yellow road, a blue river, some grey buildings. Then the little red square that is you walks quicker on the road, can't go in the river area, and when walking into a building switches to the interior building view. Then you can change your tiles into nice animated sprites.

It does seem you're focusing on the wrong areas of the game if you think demonstrating your player sprite is more important than demonstrating something that you could actually play.

Anyway, good luck with this, if it's for real.
2005-05-09, 9:24 AM #29
First off, you should be concentrating on your finals.

Secondly,
I've fixed your character strip the best that I can. The front and back are 'alright' while the side angles are still wrong. I fixed the "nazi" frame and made a few other 'tweaks'. This type of thing is supposed to be done using actual 3d models and then taking renderings of them to use.

[http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y22/CaptBewil/Nuetral.bmp]

I have serious doubts as to how legitamate this project is now after only working with this one character strip. For instance, this strip is missing the walking frame for the other foot.

Like the others, I want to see more data. No one is going to steal or project, I assure you. Surely if you're this close to having this other stuff released, you have a semi-enough playable version that you can take a screenshot of in-game.
"The solution is simple."
2005-05-09, 2:16 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Geez, Obi. You believe it's real after one measly sprite? Please tell me you require more evidence for things in your everyday life than that.

If he was lying, I doubt that he'd promise to post a real screen shot by Monday. I think a 2D RPG game like that shouldn't take that much effort to create if you know how to code at all. I mean, there are half a billion of them all over the Internet. He could probably do the whole thing this weekend. It did take him awhile to get to work on it.
2005-05-09, 3:14 PM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
If he was lying, I doubt that he'd promise to post a real screen shot by Monday. I think a 2D RPG game like that shouldn't take that much effort to create if you know how to code at all. I mean, there are half a billion of them all over the Internet. He could probably do the whole thing this weekend. It did take him awhile to get to work on it.

Well, it is Monday now.
2005-05-09, 4:03 PM #32
I said Tuesday by the way, check my posts.
Any how, to CaptBevvil. I thank you for that. You will be in the credits. Also, if you care to help me out with a few other strips, I'll thank you as well. I'am using Konfuze, which is a compiled MMORPG game engine. This will be for TMT 1, TMT 2 will come out later this year, and will have its own engine. That being said, I want you to know that I'am limited to what can be modified to the engine. All that I said on the list will be done for May 19th. Another thing, I'm taking out the swords part, because I'd rather have just lightsabres, and blasters. Swords would take me extra time, and will just be annoying. The game should have a hint of the KOTOR theme. Music, there will be none, as I've found no good midis, yes I have to use midis, the game only uses WAVs for sound effects, and even that is limited. Just consider this as a desktop adventure.
2005-05-09, 4:10 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by :Evil_Giraffe
Yeah, that's not really a shot of the game.

What everyone's waiting for is a screenshot of the actual game. With the player character walking around the map, the menu and UI surrounding. It doesn't need to look fantastic. It just needs to show the individual pieces tying together.

That's what you should be focussing on at this stage anyway. Have a red square walking around a green landscape, bumping into red square enemies and firing little yellow square lasers at them.

Then make a map so the landscape becomes a big green expanse with a yellow road, a blue river, some grey buildings. Then the little red square that is you walks quicker on the road, can't go in the river area, and when walking into a building switches to the interior building view. Then you can change your tiles into nice animated sprites.

It does seem you're focusing on the wrong areas of the game if you think demonstrating your player sprite is more important than demonstrating something that you could actually play.

Anyway, good luck with this, if it's for

Then you will enjoy what I post tommorrow Tuesday, you will enjoy it.

Tommorrow, if I post a pic that proves that project exists, then who would host the game? I still need a server, and none of my friends will host, because they charge money. I don't have a server, and I can't use my comp. So, any takers?
2005-05-09, 4:21 PM #34
A borrowed engine with a crappy reskin does NOT a game make.
2005-05-09, 7:02 PM #35
sucks
2005-05-09, 7:02 PM #36
It makes a mod. Any how, I will post a sneak peak screenshot in a few minutes.
2005-05-09, 7:23 PM #37
Since you people are so disbelieving, and still this will probably prove nothing to you, I rushed it a little, and here we have me, in those grassy planes, still need to finishe GUI.

http://www.freewebs.com/aoamx/pic.jpg

Heres a pic of the menu background I made, 100% original.

http://www.freewebs.com/aoamx/pic2.jpg

EDIT: Freewebs didn't like me hot linkning sorry.
COPY & PASTE
2005-05-09, 7:29 PM #38
May not be the best MMO I've ever seen, but I'll be damned if it doesn't at least start to look like an MMO.
D E A T H
2005-05-09, 7:32 PM #39
Well, you can consider it many different ways if you like:
A multipler RPG perhaps...
A multiplayer Desktop Adventure
or
As I accidently called it, an MMO.
So, I'm glad your atleast some what positive.
2005-05-09, 7:34 PM #40
Teh "+"!

↑ Up to the top!