Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New $50 bill
New $50 bill
2004-05-05, 7:10 PM #1
The US Treasury unveiled the design for the new $50 bill, which will begin going into circulation this fall. Here are the pics:

[http://www.pyrouniverse.com/pics/50front.gif]

[http://www.pyrouniverse.com/pics/50back.gif]

This is the second bill to be redesigned. All of you have probably have seen the new peach-colored $20 that began showing up last October. This whole thing is a part of a new campaign desined to make US currency much harder to counterfeit. You can check out the official website here.

So, what do you guys think? I think both designs look pretty cool. However, since I almost never use actual $50 notes, I probably won't see them much.

(yes, I know this happened several weeks ago, but I never saw a thread about it. Please don't "old newz" me...)

------------------
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.

New! Fireworks T-shirts!
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.

Boomtown Fireworks - Washington State fireworks retailer - huge selection!
2004-05-05, 7:18 PM #2
*print*

------------------
Life is a sexually transmitted disease and the mortality rate is one hundred percent.

-R.D. Laing
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-05-05, 7:20 PM #3
I like the red and blues on hte front

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-05-05, 7:22 PM #4
old newz...

*slaps self*
2004-05-05, 8:30 PM #5
Is photoshop gonna prevent the scanning of this one too? :P

------------------
Our very existence is at stake
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2004-05-05, 8:36 PM #6
Is that 1:1?

I held an Aussie $50 note up against the screen, the US bill has a good 2 inches on it.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-05-05, 8:40 PM #7
It's a lot bigger than the actual note

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2004-05-05, 8:48 PM #8
Glad to hear it... Else you guys must have mighty big wallets [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-05-05, 8:51 PM #9
It's sad how horrible U.S. bills look compaired to European or Aussy bills.

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-05-05, 10:31 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Is that 1:1?
I held an Aussie $50 note up against the screen, the US bill has a good 2 inches on it.

</font>

Ehh, you do know that the size is going to be different depending on how large your monitor is and what resolution you're running in? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

[This message has been edited by Daeron the Nerfherder (edited May 06, 2004).]
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2004-05-06, 12:55 AM #11
Our Canadian 50 dollar bill looks better.... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

------------------
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

[url="mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net"]mailto:Bruintone@netscape.net[/url]Bruintone@netscape.net</A>
Yahoo! Name : jedibruintone77
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-05-06, 2:59 AM #12
hah, even a scan doesn't let you counterfeit bills accurately.

The new Canadian 100$ bill has stuff printed in-between the sides. a face that doesn't show up on either side, except when you set the bill against a light, then it appears, along with all kinds of fine print and relief and holos that no common printer could copy.

------------------
* Seb goes around singing "I'm too sexy for my body"
* Wolfy goes around singing "I'm too sexy for Seb's body"
* Cave_Demon steals Seb's underwear (underwear stolen: 39)
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-05-06, 3:03 AM #13
Bah, them americans are just trying to copy our canadian money, We have multi colored bills for a LONG time.

our bills do have alot of anti-countereiting in them, water marks, the background is acualy made of tiny 20,10,50,100's depending on the bill and the way the people are drawn is extremly hard to copy.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-05-06, 3:06 AM #14
It's great, besides the parasitic swarm of yellow 50s attacking the Capitol's dome of protection. What kind of jacked up symbolism is that?
2004-05-06, 4:02 AM #15
The midnight ride of Alan Greenspan:

"The fifties are coming! The fifties are coming!"
[http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules

[This message has been edited by Crimson (edited May 06, 2004).]
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-05-06, 5:14 AM #16
ooooo... colour.

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
HTP
babble, babble, b!tch, b!tch, rebel, rebel, party, party.
2004-05-06, 5:30 AM #17
Heh, any pictures of British notes have to be incomplete (only showing half the note) or have to have a big red 'SAMPLE' (or something else, I can't remember what) text written across it.

They had to reprint a load of the new £20 notes because they got Robert Stephenson's date of birth wrong. There's only a few thousand of the incorrect ones in existance.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-05-06, 5:38 AM #18
/presses print

------------------
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GBK:
2) You statement is lacking any clear structure or grammer. Please add these things.</font>

Sweet irony...
/fluffle
2004-05-06, 5:41 AM #19
[http://shauri.hopto.org/cooker/50front.jpg]

I KNEW IT!!

------------------
I used to believe that we must fight the future, lest change come without our consent. I was wrong. The truth is that we must embrace the future, for only with change can we remain the same.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-05-06, 5:43 AM #20
The grocery store clerk never holds your dollar bills up to the light...

------------------
"I was driving along listening to the radio, when Judas Priest comes on. It was 'You've got another thing coming.' All of a sudden, I enter 'VICE CITY RAMAGE MODE' and nearly ran some guy over"
- ]-[ellequin
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-05-06, 8:04 AM #21
true...but if someone were still to print a perfect-looking bill on regular paper, the texture alone would be a dead givaway. I believe that real money is made from a combination of linen and cotton, which kind of gives it a bit of a "soft" feel - even new ones.

------------------

New! Fireworks T-shirts!

2004-05-06, 8:31 AM #22
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Katt:
true...but if someone were still to print a perfect-looking bill on regular paper, the texture alone would be a dead givaway. I believe that real money is made from a combination of linen and cotton, which kind of gives it a bit of a "soft" feel - even new ones.

</font>

It's amazing how soft regular printer paper feels after you roll it back and forth in your hand for awhile...

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-05-06, 8:44 AM #23
I liked the old green backs. All this color is disturbing me.

------------------
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-05-06, 9:13 AM #24
Then you must be scared of canadian money =]

------------------
\(='_'=)/
\(='_'=)/
2004-05-06, 9:31 AM #25
Completely unrelated byut interesting:

I heard somewhere that most money that has been in circulation for awhile has trace ammounts of drug residue on it.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-05-06, 9:35 AM #26
Ha.. interesting

------------------
/fluffle
/fluffle
2004-05-06, 9:41 AM #27
Yeah.. I hate these new bills.. I like them with just green, none of this red, blue, yellow crap.. Feh

------------------
"Just remember -- No matter how bad things get, Northern Minnesota will always be there"
-- Garrison Keeler
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-05-06, 10:02 AM #28
The american bil system is odd to me.

I was in new york for an art trip and I acualy had to *look* at the bills i was using, they all looked so much alike.

Up here in Canada, if something is five bucks, Look for a blue bill, fifty, look for a red one.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-05-06, 1:10 PM #29
I hate the gold 50's that are dotted randomly on the back.

------------------
All the prism in the world couldn't make hue.
2004-05-06, 1:13 PM #30
I don't care about the dollar, I want the money!

------------------
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)

-------@%
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-05-06, 1:26 PM #31
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grant:
Up here in Canada, if something is five bucks, Look for a blue bill, fifty, look for a red one.

</font>

I think that's also part of the reason they're adding color to the bills - to make the different denominations more distinguishable from each other.

------------------

New! Fireworks T-shirts!

2004-05-06, 1:37 PM #32
...in case you can't read the numbers?
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2004-05-06, 1:46 PM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
Completely unrelated byut interesting:

I heard somewhere that most money that has been in circulation for awhile has trace ammounts of drug residue on it.

</font>

Yeah, a test was conducted, 9 out of 10 bills have traces of cocaine on them.

Said to have happened when Drug dealers had money next to their pile of Coke and it got on it, and after that money was used it came in contact with other money and so on.

------------------
Run Away!!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-05-06, 1:51 PM #34
...but reading the numbers takes to long, though! [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif]

------------------

New! Fireworks T-shirts!

2004-05-06, 1:59 PM #35
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BurrBoy:

Yeah, a test was conducted, 9 out of 10 bills have traces of cocaine on them.

Said to have happened when Drug dealers had money next to their pile of Coke and it got on it, and after that money was used it came in contact with other money and so on.

</font>

Ummm... a much more logical scenerio is that people use rolled up bills to snort coke...lol...it's a little obvious now isn't it [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
"If there's one thing I've learned it's this - you just can't shake hands with a fist" - David Allen Coe
2004-05-06, 2:15 PM #36
I think the bill looks INFINITELY better. WOOT! at least the goverment is doing SOMETHINMG right

------------------
When you expect the pain - nothing left to ascertain
When you respect the lie - Deadly chasm open wide
---Circle of Dust "Chasm"
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-05-06, 2:36 PM #37
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Grant:

</font>

Ooh, like monopoly!

>.>

Hehe. "Looney."

------------------
Map-Review | My Portfolio | The Matrix: Unplugged
2004-05-06, 2:42 PM #38
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evil_Tofu:
...in case you can't read the numbers?</font>

it's not that we can't read numbers, but if your in a hurry it's just easier to think, well, I need a red(50), a green(20), a purple(10) and blue(5) then to sift through the entire stack of cash looking in the corner to make sure it's the right value.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2004-05-06, 3:23 PM #39
I'm not sure if it's an urban legend, but if that 9 in 10 thing is true it's 9 in 10 HUNDRED dollar bills.
2004-05-06, 3:39 PM #40
1 - I think it's ugly.

2 -
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Katt:
I think that's also part of the reason they're adding color to the bills - to make the different denominations more distinguishable from each other.

</font>

This is a bad idea imo... for example, today I wanted to stop by the computer store after school so I had a wad of money in my car... well, this wad of money happened to have about 4 20's and a hundred dollar bill in it, so I put a 5 on the outside so it wouldn't be too obvious that it's alot of money. So maybe that's a little paranoid, but it's safe practice if you ask me if you take measures like this to make sure not just anyone can walk by and tell you're holding alot of money. if you keep small bills on the outside, for all they know it's just a stack of ones...

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?
Do you have stairs in your house?

↑ Up to the top!