Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Revenge of the Sith reviewed by Critics...
Revenge of the Sith reviewed by Critics...
2005-05-13, 8:24 PM #41
I think the whole argument around the CGI is moot. Considering the fact that you can't tell what's CGI and what's not... aside from the obvious things or things that are pointed out before you see the movie.. (i.e - Yeah, the Yoda in Episode 2 is CGI ).
2005-05-13, 9:10 PM #42
Haha I remember people saying "OMG TEH PALPATINES OFFICE IS THE CGI!!!11!!1" and it turned out it wasn't. Some of it was but some of it wasn't.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-05-13, 9:45 PM #43
Quote:
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast
Sin City was filmed all in front of green screen as well. I loved it. Next argument...

IIRC, there was a slight tizzy about the prequels having a lot of CG. I thought this setiment was still around.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-05-13, 9:54 PM #44
Quote:
Originally posted by Temperamental
I think the whole argument around the CGI is moot. Considering the fact that you can't tell what's CGI and what's not... aside from the obvious things or things that are pointed out before you see the movie.. (i.e - Yeah, the Yoda in Episode 2 is CGI ).

Um, for the most part...yes. Yes I can.
2005-05-13, 9:56 PM #45
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth J
However, those anti-bush fanatics see evil Bush in their breakfast cereal every morning, so its only natural that they'll see him in a movie that has any form of politics in it.

I haven't seen any anti-bush people pointing out those similarities. If they were, wouldn't they be giving the movie good reviews because of it?
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-05-13, 10:00 PM #46
I am anti-Bush and I hate that there are similarities to this movie and Bush. I also didn't notice until someone mentioned it.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-05-13, 11:07 PM #47
Quote:
Um, for the most part...yes. Yes I can.

Congradulations, Superman.
2005-05-13, 11:30 PM #48
Er, do you have anything to add to that?

I just don't like being told what I can and can't see.
2005-05-13, 11:34 PM #49
Critics schmitics, I only trust in my own opinion.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-05-13, 11:53 PM #50
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
I just wish Yoda could be a puppet again. :(

And was it just me or did Yoda's dialogue in AotC seem... forced? Every single line of his was in "Yoda Speak". It seemed way too noticable compared to the OT.

"Around the survivors a perimeter create."
"To the command center take me"

Maybe it was just me.
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-05-14, 12:12 AM #51
No. You are not alone. I noticed that too. And, it annoyed me too.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-05-14, 2:17 AM #52
The Yoda speak was ridiculously over-the-top. I remember reading that in ESB, Yoda's lines were just written as normal in the scriptl, the whole "backwards speak" was improvised by Frank Oz, which made for much naturalistic dialogue.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-05-14, 9:47 AM #53
Quote:
Er, do you have anything to add to that?

I just don't like being told what I can and can't see.

I highly doubt you can tell EVERYTHING that is CGI, if you can, you've got better eyes than anybody on this planet. Hence, you're Superman. That was my point. It's impossible for you to know literally everything in a film that's CGI if you don't know beforehand.

↑ Up to the top!