Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → adventures in babysitting
adventures in babysitting
2005-05-13, 11:11 AM #41
Just because its older than 2 days doesnt mean you cant reply to it...

And most people dont have to use the link at the bottom, because they've set their own personal defaults through their user cp, so their prefered age of threads are automatically displayed for them.
2005-05-13, 11:12 AM #42
Quote:
does ANYONE else do that when they're looking at the tech board?

Quite many, o' ruddy.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-05-13, 11:12 AM #43
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
Look, all you have to do is click on the dropdown box at the bottom that says "show posts from" and select "the beginning." Every single thread ever posted will then be displayed for your viewing pleasure. It's not that hard.

Read the whole line. It says, " Showing threads 1 to 10 of 10, sorted by last post time in descending order, from last 2 days."

All you have to do is use the drop down box on the right to select how far back you want threads to be displayed from.

Man, I'm really banging my head into a brick wall here. It's not about ME finding my own thread, it's about OTHERS being able to see it! Get it? For crying out loud, you'd think I'm trying to teach brain surgery.
2005-05-13, 11:14 AM #44
But others can see it... all they have to do is click the link at the bottom to change the age of threads they want to see. This seems pretty obvious to me, and apparently many of the other people who use the forums because we've never had complaints about "not being able to see old threads" before.

EDIT: Also,

Quote:
Originally posted by rudder1599
I came back today to see if anyone had helped, and my thread is GONE!

It sure as heck sounds like it started out as you not being able to find your own thread.
2005-05-13, 11:21 AM #45
Okay, I'm done.

I obviously can't get my point across so I give up.

If "everyone" can see it, then how com no one figured out the answer? Are you telling me that out of all you so-called gamers that can "see" my thread, no one could help?

Jeez, I figured it out on my own and was just going to post it until I saw my thread was gone.

For anyone who cares, my original question was about loading mod levels in Outcast. Everytime I tried, the game would restart. It had me stumped for awhile but then I typed the mod in manually in the console and it worked. It also fixed the "setup/mods/load mod" option.

Thanks for all the help.
2005-05-13, 11:27 AM #46
Quote:
Originally posted by money•bie
By posting in your own thread to BUMP IT. Try listening to what we say.

Maybe you missed my post/point, but by doing this, you'd raise your thread to the top of the page, thus allowing the other forum members to access it easily.
2005-05-13, 11:29 AM #47
Just for good measure:
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
Is it that hard to bump your own thread after it falls off of the page?

This thread sucks.
2005-05-13, 11:31 AM #48
Quote:
Originally posted by money•bie
Maybe you missed my post, but by doing this, you'd raise your thread to the top of the page, thus allowing the other forum members to access it easily.

Yes, brilliant suggestion. Only I think nothing is more pathetic than seeing someone bump thier own threads. It's just sad. Maybe if there were more than 10 threads allowed on the tech page or had a shelf life of more than two days, people wouldn't be reduced to bumping thier own stuff.
2005-05-13, 11:33 AM #49
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
Just for good measure:

This thread sucks.

Lol, nice observation shintock. I concur.
2005-05-13, 11:33 AM #50
I dont think its pathetic. A simple "help please" or "does anyone have an answer to my question?" not only serves the purpose of keeping your thread active, but lets others know that you are still trying to solve your problem.
2005-05-13, 11:36 AM #51
Quote:
I dont think its pathetic. A simple "help please" or "does anyone have an answer to my question?" not only serves the purpose of keeping your thread active, but lets others know that you are still trying to solve your problem.

I hear ya, it's just not me. I'd rather just ***** and moan.
2005-05-13, 11:38 AM #52
Also, you seem to be assuming that just because you don't have time to check for answers to a question that you answered that we don't either. I for one check the tech forum every day. If I see a thread I have an answer to I post on it, and if I can't answer it I don't.

And as for your argument that other people should be able to see answers to other people's problems, that's what the SEARCH FUNCTION is for.

Why, oh why did I just post in here?
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-05-13, 11:44 AM #53
I think the problem with your thread is that you posted it in the wrong forum to begin with... all of the nonsense replies were made before it was moved to the correct forum, and that kind of killed your thread. Yes, unfortunately some of our members feel that its ok to post junk on threads that they know are either going to be closed or are in the wrong forum... but this can be fixed by making sure you have the correct forum to begin with.

I also suggest you take a look at the forum rules. You've already broken a few rules, such as posting huge images without resizing them, and evading the swear filter. I dont want to see you banned because you havent read the rules.

Generally, things can be a bit crazy on the Massassi forums, and the best way to get along sometimes is to just chill out and go with the flow. :)
2005-05-13, 11:54 AM #54
Quote:
I think the problem with your thread is that you posted it in the wrong forum to begin with... all of the nonsense replies were made before it was moved to the correct forum, and that kind of killed your thread. Yes, unfortunately some of our members feel that its ok to post junk on threads that they know are either going to be closed or are in the wrong forum... but this can be fixed by making sure you have the correct forum to begin with.

I also suggest you take a look at the forum rules. You've already broken a few rules, such as posting huge images without resizing them, and evading the swear filter. I dont want to see you banned because you havent read the rules.

Generally, things can be a bit crazy on the Massassi forums, and the best way to get along sometimes is to just chill out and go with the flow. :)

Yeah, I'm done ranting.

To be honest with you, when I came here to post my question, I saw how dead the tech board was and made the concious decision to post it here because this board was busier. I wasn't that bummed when it got moved, so be it. What bummed me out was when I came back and my thread was hidden.

As far as avoiding the swear filter, I didn't know that was a rule. Thats just common practice everywhere else I post. Plus, you have to read it in context. I wasn't calling anyone a biotch, just using it as a suitable substitute for 'complaining', which, after re-reading my thread, I realize was totally appropriate.

To anyone I might have offended in this thread, I'm sorry. We coo'?
2005-05-13, 11:55 AM #55
Of course :)
2005-05-13, 12:59 PM #56
Thanks, I was being a pretty big tool there for awhile.

Plus, I didn't know that DS was a admin til I just read the forum rules. Man, thanks for your patience. I would've probably banned me, lol.

↑ Up to the top!