Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → PS3, Revolution and 360
PS3, Revolution and 360
2005-05-18, 6:00 AM #41
So what? Why would you want to download a mod/patch if the game was made properly to begin with?
2005-05-18, 6:07 AM #42
I meant mods made by people. Like HL2 and Doom3 and its strong modding community.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-05-18, 6:10 AM #43
Just why don't people like the new dual-shock? It's the exact same layout and all...
nope.
2005-05-18, 6:42 AM #44
I don't remember if I said this yet and I don't care enough to look, but the new Dual Shock is actually about the same size as a CD jewelcase which would make the curves fit quite well in the shape of a hand.
2005-05-18, 2:46 PM #45
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon`C
God of War, Devil May Cry...

Thanks.
D E A T H
2005-05-18, 4:07 PM #46
If I get any of them, I will get the PS3.
It looks sexy, it has a ton of ports, and it has a 3.2 ghz processor.... MUWAHAHAHAHAAA. For a dedicated system that is REALLY FAST. The old xbox only had something less than 1 ghz (not really sure). It also has the best games, and is one of the most mature systems. Nintendo sucks at everything, and the Xbox is ugly. But never the less, the PS3 is followed up in my opinion closely by the Xbox.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-05-18, 4:09 PM #47
Quote:
Originally posted by Double Helix
If I get any of them, I will get the PS3.
It looks sexy, it has a ton of ports, and it has a 3.2 ghz processor.... MUWAHAHAHAHAAA. For a dedicated system that is REALLY FAST. The old xbox only had something less than 1 ghz (not really sure). It also has the best games, and is one of the most mature systems. Nintendo sucks at everything, and the Xbox is ugly. But never the less, the PS3 is followed up in my opinion closely by the Xbox.

*smacks head*.

The old X Box has a 700mhz Celeron.

The new X Box has 3 3.2 ghz processors...but the thing isn't the processors, it's the architecture.

Nintendo doesn't suck at everything. Hell you don't even know what theirs does or is.

The PS2 has a lot more kiddy games than any other system--it's just not known for them. And the quality of the games is purely relative.
D E A T H
2005-05-18, 4:16 PM #48
PS3 for me, because I really want to play FF9.
2005-05-18, 6:32 PM #49
Since I've always been a nintendo whore, I'm probably going to get a revolution if they give us a good launch lineup.

On a side note, though, playstation's last three controllers have been fundementally THE SAME. Why do they even need to change the aesthetics when there's really no difference?
一个大西瓜
2005-05-18, 7:13 PM #50
you all ****ing suck
2005-05-18, 8:24 PM #51
Quote:
Originally posted by Pommy
Since I've always been a nintendo whore, I'm probably going to get a revolution if they give us a good launch lineup.

On a side note, though, playstation's last three controllers have been fundementally THE SAME. Why do they even need to change the aesthetics when there's really no difference?

Playstation's had 3 controllers?

:confused:
D E A T H
2005-05-18, 8:25 PM #52
Including the ps3 one.
一个大西瓜
2005-05-18, 8:27 PM #53
The PS3 controller is radically different from the PS2 and PS1 Dual Shocks.

WTF are you on?
D E A T H
2005-05-18, 9:02 PM #54
[http://g0nk.shackspace.com/ps3bbq.jpg]
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-05-18, 10:18 PM #55
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
The PS3 controller is radically different from the PS2 and PS1 Dual Shocks.

WTF are you on?

..no it's not.
一个大西瓜
2005-05-18, 10:38 PM #56
Personally, I'm not saying that the PS3 controller would be horribly uncomfortable or anything like that. It could be the most ergonomic controller they could make. It just has no visual appeal for me.
2005-05-18, 11:52 PM #57
It looks like a double sided dildo that is curled up.
2005-05-19, 12:00 AM #58
heh, the PS3 controller seems to be drawing almost as much grief as the original Xbox one.

I find that kinda funny.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-05-19, 3:53 AM #59
[http://yoshmaista.shockzero.com/ps3cont.jpg]

VERSUS

[http://yoshmaista.shockzero.com/ds2.jpg]

I reiterate, what are you on?
D E A T H
2005-05-19, 4:58 AM #60
Quote:
Playstation's had 3 controllers?

:confused:

Including the ps3 one it had 4.

[http://www.gamezero.com/team-0/articles/features/psx_opinion/controller.gif]
nope.
2005-05-19, 6:45 AM #61
Quote:
*smacks head*.

The old X Box has a 700mhz Celeron.

The new X Box has 3 3.2 ghz processors...but the thing isn't the processors, it's the architecture.

Nintendo doesn't suck at everything. Hell you don't even know what theirs does or is.

The PS2 has a lot more kiddy games than any other system--it's just not known for them. And the quality of the games is purely relative.

What most people fail to understand, is that E FOR EVERYONE DOES NOT MEAN KIDDIE GAME.

Ohhh no! A dozen heads haven't exploded! I'm too mature for this game!

Grow up... seriously.
2005-05-19, 2:16 PM #62
Quote:
Originally posted by Rob
What most people fail to understand, is that E FOR EVERYONE DOES NOT MEAN KIDDIE GAME.

Ohhh no! A dozen heads haven't exploded! I'm too mature for this game!

Grow up... seriously.

I'm talking more about the Barbie games and the Bob The Builder games. :p
D E A T H
2005-05-19, 6:05 PM #63
Quote:
[http://yoshmaista.shockzero.com/ps3cont.jpg]

VERSUS

[http://yoshmaista.shockzero.com/ds2.jpg]

I reiterate, what are you on?

I see a dpad, shoulder buttons, and four standard buttons, all of which are almost identically positioned and identical in function.

So, uh, I don't know what you're on, because there is CLEARLY no difference other than aesthetics.
一个大西瓜
2005-05-19, 7:53 PM #64
The buttons are smaller, the knobs are smaller, the shoulder buttons are quite oddly molded, the shape of the controller is different, and the molding to your hand is probably quite a bit different.
D E A T H
2005-05-19, 7:56 PM #65
The layout is the same.

In other news, MGS3 for PC? Whuzzah?
2005-05-19, 10:32 PM #66
Super Smash Brothers Online. That's all I need to know. Give me my Revolution now. Hell, I bought Melee a month before I even owned a Gamecube (knew I'd get it for Christmas).

I also plan to buy a PS3, so I can be sure to get all of the good 3rd party games that come out. I've always resented how some games come out for the PS2 and Xbox, but not the Gamecube. I think games should be either exclusive, or for every system. The industry doesn't seem to agree with me, so PS3 here I come.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-05-19, 10:36 PM #67
I welcome the new dual shock with open arms. It looks very ergonomic and it also shows that sony is willing to change things up and not rely on it's proven-but-old tech.

Also, revolution is hot-hot-hot
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-05-20, 3:52 AM #68
Quote:
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle
Super Smash Brothers Online. That's all I need to know. Give me my Revolution now. Hell, I bought Melee a month before I even owned a Gamecube (knew I'd get it for Christmas).

I also plan to buy a PS3, so I can be sure to get all of the good 3rd party games that come out. I've always resented how some games come out for the PS2 and Xbox, but not the Gamecube. I think games should be either exclusive, or for every system. The industry doesn't seem to agree with me, so PS3 here I come.

Actually, that's nintendo's fault :p

Most of the games that see X-Box and PS2 but not the GameCube are blocked by nintendo.
D E A T H
2005-05-20, 6:27 PM #69
Quote:
Originally posted by young_gunna
you all ****ing suck
Yes... this is a touchy subject for many... almost everybody is talking badly...
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.

↑ Up to the top!