Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So when the big "A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY..."
So when the big "A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY..."
2005-05-19, 5:01 PM #1
When that flashed up on the screen, there wasn't a sound in the whole theater. You could've heard an ant crawling. Then someone says really loud "I THINK I'VE SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE"

Maybe you had to be there
2005-05-19, 5:06 PM #2
Actually, that elicited a chuckle from me. I am SO saying that when I go...
Stuff
2005-05-19, 5:16 PM #3
LOL !!!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-05-19, 5:24 PM #4
I'd say that if not for fear of being brutally beaten afterwords. Some people in my city would kill if you interupted their SWing.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-05-19, 5:24 PM #5
Should have gotten an audio.
Would've been gold.
2005-05-19, 5:32 PM #6
During the previews, everyone was getting aggrivated because we wanted the movie, not previews. The "This film has been rated PG" came up, and some guy yelled out "Give us the f*(@%ing movie!" And the whole audience cheered and waved their lightsabers. :p
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-05-19, 5:39 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by happydud
During the previews, everyone was getting aggrivated because we wanted the movie, not previews. The "This film has been rated PG" came up, and some guy yelled out "Give us the f*(@%ing movie!" And the whole audience cheered and waved their lightsabers. :p

That's great!
2005-05-19, 5:43 PM #8
We all just cheered and screamed.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-05-19, 5:43 PM #9
That rocks.

The next time I go, probably tomorrow to try shooting for a SW documentary I want to try to make, I'll probably yell,
"LEEEEERRRROOOYYYYY JEENKINS!"
To any of you that dont get that, here's the link.
http://hem.bredband.net/b222680/leeroy.wmv
I want to capture the cry of the croud as soon I yell it.
:D
2005-05-19, 6:31 PM #10
Odd, when I watched Ep1,2 and 3. Everyone was quiet except during obvious comedy moments.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-05-19, 6:34 PM #11
I can't stand the clappers... The ones who feel the need to clap not only at the end, but at the beginning, whenever Yoda appears, whenever Yoda does anything exciting, etc.

Clapping is for live events, not movies, bleh.
2005-05-19, 7:08 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Stinkywrix
That rocks.

The next time I go, probably tomorrow to try shooting for a SW documentary I want to try to make, I'll probably yell,

Haha, someone already posted that that happened when they went on the WoW forums :)

Much love for the leeroys everywhere in Azeroth
2005-05-19, 7:15 PM #13
I clapped a few times. It was fun.

Some guy did a wookiee yell several times during the showing. I got annoyed after the first two times.
2005-05-19, 7:59 PM #14
Somebody yelled out about exactly that same thing.

The movie was good, we had an entusiastic crowd, they clapped and cheered a lot.
Yet Another Massassi Map | Sadly I Have a Blog Too
2005-05-19, 8:21 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
I'd say that if not for fear of being brutally beaten afterwords. Some people in my city would kill if you interupted their SWing.

Duluth's hood sounds pretty ruthless.
Damn it's good to be a gangsta.
2005-05-19, 8:26 PM #16
Hehe I just came back from it, same thing happened at the beggining, everyone laughed when Yoda Force-pushed the Emperor Guards , too. At the end they clapped, obviously.
Skateboarding is not a crime.
2005-05-19, 8:41 PM #17
When vader puts it mask on the first time and you hear him breathe, some guy in the front just shouted "THAT IS SO COOL!"

And at the premiere at midnight, when the big 'star wars' logo first appeared, everyone started shouting "GEORGE! GEORGE! GEORGE!"
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-05-19, 8:47 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
Odd, when I watched Ep1,2 and 3. Everyone was quiet except during obvious comedy moments.

That's probably becasue you were in a British movie theatre. Not trying to be stereotypical, but honestly, being a Brit living in the U.S., I swear we're just too polite to make that kind of racket while some other poor bloke his trying to watch the movie he payed for! :p
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-05-19, 9:12 PM #19
I did some wookie calls when ever chewie was on screen. When the two stormies approached Yoda from behind after all the "Order 66" business... EVERYONE cheered
2005-05-19, 9:32 PM #20
I totally forgot about EP 3's premiere. :(

Not that it's going to disappear off the face of the earth after that or something.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-05-19, 9:54 PM #21
People clapped/cheered/laughed when Yoda put those red guards into the wall. They were silent the rest of the time though, not even clapping at the end.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-05-19, 10:03 PM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
I totally forgot about EP 3's premiere.

You make me sick.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-05-19, 10:30 PM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by happydud

I enjoy the previews. Especially this time. Glad I didn't have to put up with a bunch of lightsaberred freaks.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-05-19, 11:42 PM #24
Im thinking of going back and yelling "Hey I've seen this already!" when the A long time ago appears.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-05-19, 11:55 PM #25
C'mon, who DIDN'T cheer when Yoda yanked the Emperors guards???

When the opening stuff rolled where i was (Sydney), I SWEAR it was out of focus - 20C Fox, Lucas FIlm, Episode 3 etc... i was just about to scream "FOCUS!!!!!" when it did.

<Phew>
My blog! http://rpg-rant.blogspot.com/
2005-05-20, 12:53 AM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
You make me sick.
:p

It wouldn't be right if I didn't.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-05-20, 1:08 AM #27
I think it would be funny if somebody did a MST3K type of deal out of RotS. I would pay to see that if it were well done.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-05-20, 1:52 AM #28
I'm so excited to see it! I'm going with a whole big group of mostly nerds to see the Indian premeire. The countdown is at 5 hours and 22 minutes!

GLEEEEEEEEEEE!
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-05-20, 1:57 AM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by Stinkywrix
That rocks.

we did that... it was great... "At least I got chicken"
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-05-20, 4:37 AM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Daft_Vader
That's probably becasue you were in a British movie theatre. Not trying to be stereotypical, but honestly, being a Brit living in the U.S., I swear we're just too polite to make that kind of racket while some other poor bloke his trying to watch the movie he payed for! :p

Actually... I went to the midnight screening for AotC at my local Odeon (not a proper London cinema or anything) and there were all manner of wankers with lightsabers shouting crap out and giggling aloud throughout the film. It annoyed me to the point of not seeing RotS at a midnight showing, I'm also making sure to see it digital (AotC looked rubbish at our local pictures, probably something to do with the whole digital to analogue thing).
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-05-20, 4:53 AM #31
Yuck, people who talk on movies. YUCK.

YUCK.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-05-20, 5:26 AM #32
When "A long time ago" came up a guy in my theatre yelled, "WHAT'S IT SAY?!"
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-05-20, 5:41 AM #33
Someone said War! lol
2005-05-20, 6:04 AM #34
I remember when watching King Arthur, some wannabe-gnome hit Lancelot in the chest, and Lancelot threw his sword into said wannabe-gnome. My friend, sitting next to me, stood up and yelled "How about that for a lesson, punk?"
2005-05-20, 7:43 AM #35
I bought a bootleg video of episode 1, and people cheered adn clapped when they sliced Maul in two. :p
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-05-20, 8:22 AM #36
People also laughed when R2 hided from Super Battle Droids and electrocuted the Super Battle Droid in General Grevious' ship.

Talking about General Grevious, he's a coward. :rolleyes: I thought he would be cooler.
Skateboarding is not a crime.
2005-05-20, 9:28 AM #37
Who else can't wait for the next Triumph: The Insult Dog, on Leno? Did anyone see the last one for AotC...? It was awesome, some of the jokes he had to rip on the dressed up 'nerds' waiting for the premiere were classic all there own. Go download it now, there's also some really good costumes.
2005-05-20, 10:36 AM #38
People clapped a lot, and there was lots of general loudness and shouting at the screen. For the most part the clapping wasn't annoying, but there was one person who kept yelling stupid stuff that wasn't even funny.

And yes I talk during movies, but it's only quietly to people right next to me.

Quote:
"I THINK I'VE SEEN THIS ONE BEFORE"

Come to think of it, some did that at my screening too! >.>
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-05-20, 10:59 AM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by never_again
Who else can't wait for the next Triumph: The Insult Dog, on Leno?
Actually, Triumph is on Conan O'Brien.

...erm, his show, that is.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-05-20, 1:44 PM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by Wookie06
I enjoy the previews. Especially this time. Glad I didn't have to put up with a bunch of lightsaberred freaks.

We didn't get any good previews.

I WANT MY SERENITY PREVEIW, CONSARNIT.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!

↑ Up to the top!