Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → So when the big "A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY..."
So when the big "A LONG TIME AGO IN A GALAXY FAR FAR AWAY..."
2005-05-20, 3:00 PM #41
Stealth, a movie I hadn't heard of, was previewed along with a great new Fantastic Four trailer. Like I said, I usually enjoy the trailers. The Coke commercials are the part that irritate me.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-05-20, 7:48 PM #42
Haha, when I saw it, my friend gave running commentary of hte movie. When Vader was going to kill the "youngling" jedis , my friend got mad at him and said, pretty loudly: "Mother ****er!" (obviously not censored), and these 7th grade girls in front of us giggled.

Later, as I was walking toward the bathroom, I heard the same girls saying "Yeah, he was kind of annoying, but he was so funny!" Then they saw me and I think they said "oh, there's one of them". It was pretty funny. :D
DO NOT WANT.
2005-05-20, 8:46 PM #43
This guy infront of me payed $3.75 for a 20oz bottle of Mt.Dew and my friend looked over his shoulder and said "You got f***in' pwnd dude"
Think while it's still legal.
2005-05-20, 9:25 PM #44
What an idiot. Your friend, that is.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-05-20, 9:36 PM #45
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
This guy infront of me payed $3.75 for a 20oz bottle of Mt.Dew and my friend looked over his shoulder and said "You got f***in' pwnd dude"

Our theatre was selling $1 20oz cokes and small popcorns as a promo for the movie. They probably made a killing in concessions.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-05-20, 10:17 PM #46
That's not getting *****. I got ***** in concessions. I paid $18.95 for a medium popcorn, medium soda and small candy item. And that was there promotional combo.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2005-05-20, 11:02 PM #47
popcorn makes noise, it should be banned in films.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-05-20, 11:58 PM #48
Quote:
Originally posted by never_again
Who else can't wait for the next Triumph: The Insult Dog

"And which one of these buttons calls your mother to come pick you up?" :D
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-05-21, 5:55 AM #49
There was the odd guy with a Lightsaber when I went to see it, and some kids dressed as Vader. Everyone in the movie sat silent apart from the little funny bits. No claping, no cheering, no interruptions. :)
nope.
2005-05-21, 8:45 AM #50
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master

The theater where I lived was selling popcorn, 20 oz drinks, and hotdogs for $1 each.
"There's nothing more annoying than being distracted from our own self-obsession by others," said Tom
-Bridget Jones, The Edge of Reason
2005-05-23, 12:43 PM #51
Me and some friends went to see Kingdom Of Heaven. When.. well, the old dude told Balian "I am your father", we all started making Vader noises.
2005-05-23, 12:47 PM #52
when palpitine said something liek "finally we can gave peace" this fool in front of me spat very loud.

and when the part when padme said"...no war..." another guy yelled out "NO ACTING"
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-05-23, 12:56 PM #53
Hmm, some people laughed at odd parts (like Yoda knocking those two Royal Guards out), but that was pretty much it. It was cool when the audience was absolutely silent when Vader got his mask and breathed out the first time. Nice.

And right before the opening scroll someone's cell phone rang, followed by someone in the audience cursing... luckily they both stopped by the opening scroll.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-05-23, 9:52 PM #54
Quote:
Originally posted by gothicX
Me and some friends went to see Kingdom Of Heaven. When.. well, the old dude told Balian "I am your father", we all started making Vader noises.

THAT old guy was liam neeson, Qui-Gon Jinn MAN!
2005-05-24, 12:14 PM #55
Je sais. I was trying to remember his name in the movie.
2005-05-24, 1:57 PM #56
we cheered when the lights dimmed during the fox logo, and still during the lucasfilm logo. then again when EPISODE III REVENGE OF THE SITH was on screen. then i started clapping after yoda lopped the two clones' heads off and again when he threw his saber in that one's chest and did a backflip off him pulling it out and the rest of the theater went with it and cheered like nuts. also when vader started breathing there was a bit of cheering.

also, i went dressed as vader (voice changer mask from target, black bedsheet folded in half and held around my shoulders with a strap thing... looked way too good for taking 30 seconds to make. it looked awesome. and dooku's saber cause target was out of vader's.

[edit]ooh i remember my mom took a pic before i left[edit]
[http://l603.myspace.com/00115/30/68/115158603_l.jpg]

when i first came in someone screamed "YEAH, VADER!" and everyone cheered when i raised my arms up and turned on the saber. then i got up to get the girl in our group some food cause we had like 45 minutes and everyone cheered then, and then when i came back in.

fun fun fun. its awesome how they're not like... "haha nerd!" cause they know they wanted to dress up as well. after all... they're seeing it at midnight. they cant say ****.
2005-05-24, 2:15 PM #57
i was tempted to yell the 'I think i've seen this one before' bit, but didn't
the girl behind me gasped and cried 'oh no' during the youngling killing
and the yoda saber throw/backflip was the coolest move he's ever done
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-05-25, 2:50 AM #58
I went and saw it last night, and someone yelled out the whole "I think I've seen this before!" thing... except he sucked, and no one laughed. Funny how things get around the internet, I'm sure someone had an original idea, somewhere, somehow.

On a happier note, I thought the movie wasn't bad!

↑ Up to the top!