Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Some questions Episode 3 didnt answer.
Some questions Episode 3 didnt answer.
2005-05-27, 9:04 PM #1
I'm not talking about inconsistency details that people keep bringing up. I'm talking about questions posed in other movies (mainly episode 2) that were not wrapped up in the last movie. Here they are:

1. Who ordered the Clone Army, and why?

2. If it was Master Sifo Dias, or whatever his name is, did he do it on Palpatine's orders?

3. What exactly did the prophesy say? How did they know Anakin was "the one"? Did the prophesy say "he will have a huge midichlorian count"?
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-05-27, 9:22 PM #2
Quote:

RotS didn't answer this....AotC did.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-05-27, 9:24 PM #3
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
RotS didn't answer this....AotC did.

It did not answer why.
"Guns don't kill people, I kill people."
2005-05-27, 9:46 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by KOP_Snake

2. If it was Master Sifo Dias, or whatever his name is, did he do it on Palpatine's orders?

This will be a deleted scene...
Obviously Palpatine told him to order them so that once the jedis were destroyed, they would have a great army to fill the death star with
2005-05-27, 9:48 PM #5
What the heck is a midichlorian anyways?
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-05-27, 9:51 PM #6
An organism living in all of your cells, the more you have, the more powerful and potent jedi you will be. or something like that..
2005-05-27, 10:12 PM #7
Psychic mitochondria.

-Reminds me of that "Wrinkle In Time" sequel... not swiftly titling lpanet, though, before that... really creepy book.
2005-05-28, 6:35 AM #8
Quote:
3. What exactly did the prophesy say? How did they know Anakin was "the one"? Did the prophesy say "he will have a huge midichlorian count"?

The Chosen One was prophesied to destroy the Sith once and for all, and in doing so bring the Force into balance, we learn in RotS as Mace Windu talks to Obi-Wan about Anakin's new off-the-record assignment. This Anakin does in RotJ.

The Chosen One was said to be identified as one who was conceived by the midichlorian. Qui-Gon Jinn uses this as his reasoning for Anakin being the Chosen One in TPM when he talks to the Jedi Counsel.

2005-05-28, 7:06 AM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Mega_ZZTer
The Chosen One was prophesied to destroy the Sith once and for all, and in doing so bring the Force into balance, we learn in RotS as Mace Windu talks to Obi-Wan about Anakin's new off-the-record assignment. This Anakin does in RotJ.

The Chosen One was said to be identified as one who was conceived by the midichlorian. Qui-Gon Jinn uses this as his reasoning for Anakin being the Chosen One in TPM when he talks to the Jedi Counsel.

When you think about it, Anikan really does destroy the Sith.

Vader throws Palpatine over the edge, and he himself dies (although he has turned to the light side too). As far as the movies are concerned, there are no sith left after that.
2005-05-28, 7:18 AM #10
Quote:
It did not answer why.

There is no why....
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-05-28, 9:47 AM #11
Sifo Dias ordered the clones, after 'Tyrrannis' (Dooku) told him to. Tyrannis then got Jango to be the template. Then Jango got a bunch of Mandalorians to go train those Clones
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-05-28, 11:35 AM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Genki
Sifo Dias ordered the clones, after 'Tyrrannis' (Dooku) told him to. Tyrannis then got Jango to be the template. Then Jango got a bunch of Mandalorians to go train those Clones

Which movie did you watch? there was no mandalorians training clones
The tips at the end of shoelaces are called "aglets". Their true purpose is sinister.
2005-05-28, 11:57 AM #13
3.- Answered in Episode 1, he had no father, there fore, he was conceived by the midichlorians. That simple.
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-05-28, 12:08 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by DesertPike
Which movie did you watch? there was no mandalorians training clones

read the fudging inbetween books, sheesh
Free Jin!
2005-05-28, 12:22 PM #15
the propecy said something like this....
"during an age of great struggle, a boy will be born into slavery, his only father being the force, will once again bring ballance to the force"
which means he will ballence both ends, bringing it down to only a few jedi, and a few sith..... instead of a few sith and hundreds of jedi....
I can't wait for the day schools get the money they need, and the military has to hold bake sales to afford bombs.
2005-05-28, 12:49 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Genki
read the fudging inbetween books, sheesh

Except those aren't canon... It's evident in AOTC that the species that created the Clones were also training them.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-05-28, 3:44 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedigreedo
Except those aren't canon... It's evident in AOTC that the species that created the Clones were also training them.

They're perfectly canon. You see no combat training in AotC, therefor the movie does nothing to contradict the EU in this regard.

EU is 100% canon unless explicitly contradicted by the films, and in this case, there was no contradiction.
Moo.
2005-05-29, 3:17 AM #18
the kamino prime minsister specificaly said that the clones are given the finest military trianing (or something like that). Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. after all, the clones are already all set up for battle on kamino.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-05-29, 3:29 AM #19
Quote:

Agreed that the movie does not address these issues. Here are the answers, if you're curious.

All that happens between Episode 1 and 2. After Darth Maul falls, Palpatine (Darth Sidious) seeks out three potential apprentices: Sifo Dyas, Detori, and our well-known Count Dooku. Sifo Dyas was first approached since the Kaminoans were expecting him to visit, but he refused and was slain. Detori gets killed by Plo Koon, and so Count Dooku (now Darth Tyranus) becomes Palpatine's new apprentice. His first mission as apprentice was to order a clone army as Sifo Dyas. So, Tyranus hires Billigo Hilgobottomager, a changeling, to do so for him. And that's that.
2005-05-29, 3:30 AM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Admiral Zarn
the propecy said something like this....
"during an age of great struggle, a boy will be born into slavery, his only father being the force, will once again bring ballance to the force"
which means he will ballence both ends, bringing it down to only a few jedi, and a few sith..... instead of a few sith and hundreds of jedi....

actually, by "balance", the prophesy means that no "sith" and no "dark jedi" will exist anymore (which is what happens at the end of episode 9)
2005-05-29, 3:36 AM #21
Quote:

I am not familiar with prophecy made by Shintor Beerus verbatim, but it said something like "The One who will bring balance to the force... [random details yadda yadda] the One will be born to a virgin mother...". Meh, a lot of ambiguous, vague **** that can pretty much mean anything. Like the bible (had to put that plug in).
2005-05-29, 4:23 AM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by ragna
actually, by "balance", the prophesy means that no "sith" and no "dark jedi" will exist anymore (which is what happens at the end of episode 9)

There will always be dark jedi. Jedi are always falling for whatever reasons, but Anakin's turn at the end of episode 6 does eliminate the sith.

And, episode... 9?
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-05-29, 6:57 AM #23
Episode 9 must be a typo -- my guess is he was using the numpad (9 is right above 6 -- easy typo)

Okay, as confirmation proof, Anakin/Vader brings balance to the force in RotJ, when he overthrows the emperor. Lucas said this himself (VHS special edition of the OT has an interview before ANH begins)
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-05-29, 9:38 AM #24
Darth Vader doesn't bring the Force into balance if you consider numbers, because Luke Skywalker is still alive at the end of the movie. 1 Jedi, 0 Sith. He doesn't bring the Force into balance if you consider relative power levels of individuals, because - although he and the Emperor die - Luke Skywalker is still ridiculously powerful.

The only way I can see the Force becoming "balanced" at the end of RotJ is if Luke Skywalker isn't really a Jedi, but something quite different. We already know he's predisposed toward the dark side and that he used his anger to defeat Darth Vader. It's also worth considering the 'new' Jedi after RotJ - like Kyle Katarn, who can use both light and dark powers simultaneously.
2005-05-29, 9:50 AM #25
Quote:
I'm not talking about inconsistency details that people keep bringing up. I'm talking about questions posed in other movies (mainly episode 2) that were not wrapped up in the last movie. Here they are:

1. Dooku ordered the clone army. Watch AotC.

2. Uh... of course it was under Palpatine's orders. Did you watch AotC or RotS?

3. It says he'll be concieved by the midichlorians and such, and that he will bring balance to the force.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=balance

There is more than one definition of balance. I believe it's used in the "without conflict" way here. Without the sith, the force is in harmony. The jedi have their foresight, and there is peace. It's balanced.

And if it doesn't happen in the movie, or is not inferred heavily in the movie, it doesn't count.
>>untie shoes
2005-05-29, 10:52 AM #26
Quote:

1. i thought Dooku or Palpatine. since they're sith lords, they've been thinking of overthrowing the jedi since... well since they've been sith at least. so creating one of the largest armies in the galaxy that is comepletely under your control to change would be a good thing to do. especially how they can change motives in a second. they can act like they're helping the jedi, then kill them and form the galactic empire in a matter of minutes.

2. Dooku or Palpatine under a false name

3. I thought that maybe they just found the wrong person. like... luke is really the one who was supposed to bring balance to the force. or anakin could have if he wanted, but since he fell in love and... yeah then it goes downward from there.
2005-05-29, 10:56 AM #27
Luke didn't kill the Emperor, Vader did.
All that Luke did was show Vader that there was still good in him.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-05-29, 1:18 PM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Slaw
Okay, as confirmation proof, Anakin/Vader brings balance to the force in RotJ, when he overthrows the emperor. Lucas said this himself (VHS special edition of the OT has an interview before ANH begins)
We must have missed this if we're still debating it ;)
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-05-29, 1:27 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by bearded_jarl
Psychic mitochondria.

-Reminds me of that "Wrinkle In Time" sequel... not swiftly titling lpanet, though, before that... really creepy book.

"A Wind in the Door." Though, mitochondria are a tad different than midichlorian...
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-05-29, 3:44 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Jon`C
Darth Vader doesn't bring the Force into balance if you consider numbers, because Luke Skywalker is still alive at the end of the movie. 1 Jedi, 0 Sith. He doesn't bring the Force into balance if you consider relative power levels of individuals, because - although he and the Emperor die - Luke Skywalker is still ridiculously powerful.

The only way I can see the Force becoming "balanced" at the end of RotJ is if Luke Skywalker isn't really a Jedi, but something quite different. We already know he's predisposed toward the dark side and that he used his anger to defeat Darth Vader. It's also worth considering the 'new' Jedi after RotJ - like Kyle Katarn, who can use both light and dark powers simultaneously.

Or maybe their is 1 more Sith left - dun dun dun - Leia! I am predicting Leia turns to the darkside is the plot for Starwars 7-9. You heard it here first! Who trains her you ask? Why Palapatine from beyond the grave of course!
- Wisdom is 99% experience, 1% knowledge. -
2005-05-29, 3:46 PM #31
Or how about the series is over, and the sith are destroyed. Han and Leia get married and live happily ever after. Wanna know why? Because the EU doesn't ****ing count.
>>untie shoes
2005-05-29, 3:52 PM #32
In Episode 3, the Sith are described as serving only theirselves while the Jedi are described as being selfless. Anakin brings balance (partially through Luke) by serving both internal and external purposes.
2005-05-29, 4:13 PM #33
You see clones doing martial arts and hand to hand combat on each other in AotC. Just look in the background.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-05-29, 6:18 PM #34
In Jango Fett: Open Seasons all of Fett's Mandalorians die, a few stragglers aside (such as the one Count Dooku tortures and executes to learn more about Jango).

Where did they mention Mandalorians training the clones (besides the implication in AOTC that Jango offered advice on the armor and the training, and the EU thing about the ARC troopers)?
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-05-29, 6:25 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by Roach
"A Wind in the Door." Though, mitochondria are a tad different than midichlorian...

Ding Ding thank you, I've been trying to remember ever since I posted that.
There was some thing, I think it was on another board, where there was a discussion of what Midichlorians were and it was agreed they must be a mutated form of Mitochondria or something like that... Let's see...
Mitochondria are an ancient type of bacteria that evolved alongside living beings as symbiotes. They convert oxygen to energy. Without them, cells would have no access to necessary energy and would die.
Midichlorians are an ancient type of "microscopic organism" that evolved alongside all living beings. They interface with the Force and exert it's energy on cells, and vice-versa. Without them, cells would have no access to the Force and would, presumably, die.

-I believe that's what was agreed, but I COULD BE WRONG SO BACK OFF ME AIGHT?
2005-05-29, 6:54 PM #36
Quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter 4 hire
In Jango Fett: Open Seasons all of Fett's Mandalorians die, a few stragglers aside (such as the one Count Dooku tortures and executes to learn more about Jango).

Where did they mention Mandalorians training the clones (besides the implication in AOTC that Jango offered advice on the armor and the training, and the EU thing about the ARC troopers)?

the Republic Commando Books, specificly, Hard Contact
Free Jin!
2005-05-29, 7:19 PM #37
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill
Or how about the series is over, and the sith are destroyed. Han and Leia get married and live happily ever after. Wanna know why? Because the EU doesn't ****ing count.

Uh. The EU counts. The EU is specifically authorized by lucasfilm to be official star wars canon. A book or comic has to go through a long process of being reviewed by people at lucasfilm, who are there specifically to make sure everything fits according to what lucas wants in his universe. So every bit of EU that is released right now is 100% official star wars canon. Sorry, but it's the truth.

And for the record, in the EU, the Sith never come back after RotJ. Authors have wanted to write them back in, but lucasfilm has prohibited it. And yeah, Han and Leia get married and live happily ever after, too. So how does the EU not count here?
Moo.
2005-05-29, 8:08 PM #38
It doesn't count because it's not in the movie. That's why.

Lucas didn't write it. That's why.

The EU brought back Boba Fett.

The EU brought back Darth Maul.

The EU has done so many things which do not coincide with the Star Wars story. It doesn't come directly from Lucas, and since it's his story, if it doesn't come from him, it doesn't count.
>>untie shoes
2005-05-29, 8:11 PM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW
Uh. The EU counts. The EU is specifically authorized by lucasfilm to be official star wars canon. A book or comic has to go through a long process of being reviewed by people at lucasfilm, who are there specifically to make sure everything fits according to what lucas wants in his universe. So every bit of EU that is released right now is 100% official star wars canon. Sorry, but it's the truth.

And for the record, in the EU, the Sith never come back after RotJ. Authors have wanted to write them back in, but lucasfilm has prohibited it. And yeah, Han and Leia get married and live happily ever after, too. So how does the EU not count here?

Good job completely ignoring that Bill.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-05-29, 8:17 PM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill

The EU brought back Darth Maul.

in a book set BEFORE Episode 1, ph00
once you get cut in half AND fall in a reactor core, you aren't likely to live much, unless you get superpowers...
Free Jin!

↑ Up to the top!