Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Some questions Episode 3 didnt answer.
Some questions Episode 3 didnt answer.
2005-05-29, 8:22 PM #41
No they brought him back in a comic set between episodes 3 and 4. It's stupid.
>>untie shoes
2005-05-29, 9:14 PM #42
They brought him back in a multiverse comic, based off of concept art from Episode III. Multiverses are specifically non-canon, so you can't use that argument very effectively. As for your other complaints... I point you to my previous post.
Moo.
2005-05-29, 9:28 PM #43
The term is "Infinities". That's how they get rid of acrophya nowadays.

-Before GL would jsut say it didn't exist, or that he wanted to take a hammer to every copy of it. ;)
2005-05-30, 10:18 AM #44
It was a specific part of the story that they were supposed to be telling with this comic. Apparantly Maul had a mechanical bottom half put on, and he made a new lightsaber and came after Obi Wan on tatooine. It's a bunch of crap that they made up, and it doesn't count.
>>untie shoes
2005-05-30, 11:11 AM #45
Um...George Lucas approves ALL storyline's in anything EU and other. So yeah, just because it's not in a Star Wars MOVIE, doesn't mean it doesn't count.
2005-05-30, 2:47 PM #46
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill
It was a specific part of the story that they were supposed to be telling with this comic. Apparantly Maul had a mechanical bottom half put on, and he made a new lightsaber and came after Obi Wan on tatooine. It's a bunch of crap that they made up, and it doesn't count.

... Did you not read what I just said? That was an infinities comic. It was supposed to be non-canon, written solely to be entertaining and nothing else. Therefore, you can't use that argument very effectively, because it was supposed to "not count".
Moo.
2005-05-30, 3:00 PM #47
Quote:
Originally posted by Temperamental
Um...George Lucas approves ALL storyline's in anything EU and other. So yeah, just because it's not in a Star Wars MOVIE, doesn't mean it doesn't count.

You're not saying that he "personally" approves them, are you?

Don't get me wrong. They are approved and cannon, but he has people that due it. I want to say it is, at leased used used to be, a woman named Lucy Wilson. But, I could have the name wrong.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-05-30, 5:19 PM #48
Quote:
Originally posted by Genki
the Republic Commando Books, specificly, Hard Contact
I'll have to check them out, sounds cool.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-05-30, 5:37 PM #49
Yes but I'm fairly certain that even though GL doesnt read every single one of them and approve them personally, he still gives somewhat of an approval to certain things in the storyline.. For example, I'm pretty sure GL at least gets a small outline of the general story (i.e - Chewie dies, is this ok GL?) and then he approves that.
2005-05-30, 6:23 PM #50
Quote:
Originally posted by Bounty Hunter 4 hire
I'll have to check them out, sounds cool.
very cool
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-05-30, 7:58 PM #51
as far as im concerned the EU that takes place after the OT is too centered on the same characters... It just is and it's honestly what makes it suck because they save the dya every friggin time... Han and Leia's kids are pretentious bastards that annoy me and Luke is a huge panzy whenever he talks...

Shadows of the Empire is the only EU that I truely believe in and LOVE, why?? It was about Dash Rendarr, man was that guy a badass.
2005-05-30, 8:18 PM #52
Quote:
Originally posted by never_again
as far as im concerned the EU that takes place after the OT is too centered on the same characters... It just is and it's honestly what makes it suck because they save the dya every friggin time... Han and Leia's kids are pretentious bastards that annoy me and Luke is a huge panzy whenever he talks...

Shadows of the Empire is the only EU that I truely believe in and LOVE, why?? It was about Dash Rendarr, man was that guy a badass.

*cough* main characters die in NJO
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-05-30, 8:40 PM #53
Quote:
Originally posted by ragna
So, Tyranus hires Billigo Hilgobottomager, a changeling, to do so for him. And that's that.

That's what I thought, too. It just seemed silly for Lucas to have a changeling serve one purpose (as an assassin) and nothing else. My question is, though - did this come to you from an authorized source, or your own speculation?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-05-30, 9:01 PM #54
i only read the first NJO, and I thought it was lame, and I know of one main character dieing, but NJO is frickin like 20 years after ROTJ... so yeah...
2005-05-30, 10:17 PM #55
Yes, Shadows of the Empire was very good. Can't say I like any of the post-ROTJ books so much, maybe Zahn trilogy, but just a little. Anyhow, they should now create stuff thousands of years after RotJ, that could turn out interesting.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-05-30, 11:18 PM #56
Quote:
and Luke is a huge panzy whenever he talks...

You know, Luke was pretty annoying in the OT too. Haven't you ever seen Star Wars Gangsta Rap?
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-05-31, 2:43 AM #57
Quote:
i only read the first NJO, and I thought it was lame, and I know of one main character dieing, but NJO is frickin like 20 years after ROTJ... so yeah...

Read up to Star by Star. I'm about 80 pages from the end, and all I can say is Oh My God.

I also suggest checking out Zahn's books, and the X-Wing series. The rest of the post-RotJ novels are of debatable quality, but the Thrawn trilogy (and the Hand of Thrawn duology, both by Zahn) are hands down the best EU books to be published. (They do revolve around the OT heroes, but Zahn does it so well that it feels like a continuation of the movies), and the X-wing series is nice because it gives you a break from the OT heroes and shows you the galaxy from a totally different perspective.

Next to that, while I agree that the opening books in the NJO are rather bland, Star by Star is indescribably excellent, and from what I'm told, the series only gets better from there.
Moo.
2005-05-31, 5:15 AM #58
This whole canon debate seems a bit daft. I think each fan should take as their own what they see to be canon. It's a flexible way to view the EU, and it allows the individual fan to see the galaxy as they want to see it.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-05-31, 9:14 AM #59
The Han Solo Trilogy by AC Crispin is most excellent.
2005-05-31, 10:27 AM #60
Michael Kube-McDowell's Black Fleet Crisis series is pretty good as well.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-05-31, 11:14 AM #61
Black Fleet? You can't be serious. I was bored to hell when I read that. Especially by the Lando part.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-06-01, 12:19 AM #62
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Slaw
Episode 9 must be a typo -- my guess is he was using the numpad (9 is right above 6 -- easy typo)

No typo actually.

The plot summaries for episodes 7, 8, and 9 have been already written by George Lucas. He just won't make films out of them.

And yes, at the end of episode 9, the dark jedi are done for.

You guys should seriously brush up on your knowledge of the Starwars Universe.
2005-06-01, 12:30 AM #63
I've love to know how you know this. Everything I've heard about the supposed Episode 7-9 have been speculation. And as for dark jedi being completely gone, that's impossible. There will always be temptation. There will always be evil.
2005-06-01, 1:09 AM #64
theforce.net has some really good essays on the history of the jedi (and information on basically anything starwars).

The plot summaries can be found at supershadow.com
2005-06-01, 2:51 AM #65
You do know that supershadow.com is the best source for things that have nothing to do with Star Wars?
Why does anyone still believe in this guy?
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-06-01, 11:31 AM #66
Hah, I'm reading the "interview" that site has with George Lucas. It's horrible.

Here's some this that "George" has said:

Quote:
"...I believe you suffer from over analysis of the films. There is no significance to which color light-saber blade wins the duels. You need to spend more time in your real life as opposed to wasting so much time analyzing Star Wars."

"SuperShadow.com is the best thing to ever happen to Star Wars. I’m forever indebted to Shadow and the fans."

"As you can see by the first day box-office earnings of $ 50 million, you can see that I was correct in making Revenge of the Sith the shortest of all Star Wars films."

(After a quick IMDB check, one would find that RotS is actually the second longest Star Wars film, with AotC being the first.)

"I can’t specifically tell you how the old sequels would have been different if I had directed them, but I really do wish I could go back in time and direct the sequels myself. I really did a disservice to the fans by opting to allow others to direct Star Wars. I just hope the fans can forgive me."

"Well, as for the old films, the only one I directed was A New Hope and since A New Hope made more money than The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, I would have to say that A New Hope is the most popular with the fans."

(I could have sworn that Empire Strikes Back made the most money.)

"I didn’t want a rehash of the Duel of the Fates so that theme is not heard in the final duel."

(Yes it is.)

"I give the changes I make to the old films a lot of thought. Shadow has never liked the Ewok Celebration song. He says it is quite lame. Shadow only gives his opinion when it can really make a difference. I thought Shadow had a point so I asked Johnny to create something new for the end of Return of the Jedi. Shadow loves the new music and so do most fans. Chalk up another brilliant idea by Shadow."

(HAHAHAHAHAHA!)

There are TONS of "interviews" at this site. It's so rediculous.
2005-06-01, 12:12 PM #67
Oh, and from the "first draft" of Episode 3:
Quote:
"Palpatine replaces the Galactic Senate with the Imperial Senate. The members of the new Senate are hand picked by Palpatine. The Imperial Senate and Palpatine issue a proclamation declaring the Jedi Knights to be enemies of the Republic. They order the immediate arrest of all Jedi Knights. The Jedi begin to go into hiding. Boba Fett and Jabba the Hutt help Palpatine hunt down the Jedi. Many Jedi are killed during this purge. A new seven-member Sith Council, whose members all have the title Darth, replaces the Jedi Council. Darth Sidious is the leader of this Council. The other members of the Sith Council are Darth Tyranus, Darth Vader, Darth Jade (Xio Jade), a cloned Darth Maul, Darth Tau and Darth Vorron. To avoid arrest, many of the Jedi agree to become Sith Lords and hunt down their former Jedi allies."
2005-06-01, 12:59 PM #68
oh ****. i guess i got ***** ;-)
2005-06-02, 5:18 AM #69
that draft of episode 3 sounds badass but it theyd to make Vader kill all the other sith or something

↑ Up to the top!