Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Van Helsing jipped 5%!!
Van Helsing jipped 5%!!
2004-05-08, 8:57 AM #41
I liked it... you people read too much into movies.

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

<ubuu> does hitler have a last name?
2004-05-08, 9:54 AM #42
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
Did anyone else crack up when Dracula started counting how many years it was since he saw Van Helsing? [Dracula accent] 100 years! 200 years! 300 years! [/Dracula accent] ...Who does that remind you of? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

</font>

The Count from Sesame Street. He was awesome.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-05-08, 10:36 AM #43
I planned to go see it on friday with m y friends, but then I got sick and had to pull out.

------------------
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poking me in the ribs and cackling, telling me, "You're next." They stopped after I started doing the same thing to them at funerals.
2004-05-08, 11:14 AM #44
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
Broken lamp + lamp oil + flammable material.
</font>

Fine. But where was the spark?

The entire movie was laughable. It was a good action movie, but plot wise... Very worth of the MST3k award.

There seemed to be quite a few Deus Ex Machinas.. Just kind one after another after another.

And what was up with his memory? You think maybe they could have told us that he couldn't remember anything.. rather than vaugly referencing it a few times?

Bleh. It was dissapointing.

------------------
[19:59] Happy "Liar liar" dud: This is arguably one of the lowest points in my life.
[20:00] Happy "Liar liar" dud: I'm sitting here infront of my two computers wearing shorts and with no shirt, eating potato salad and orange juice, debating the existance of pants.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2004-05-08, 1:29 PM #45
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MechWarrior:

</font>

No, you're just a shallow thinker.

Anyway, I could never stand watching it. Those accents! Yuck.

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-05-08, 2:52 PM #46
Yeah but think about it... I walked out of the movie happy... you walked out upset... who had more fun the shallow thinker? Or the person who put too much thought into it...

------------------
<Outlaw_Torn> you mean your related to that damned sasquatch, Mech?
<MechWarrior> Lets just say the part of the family tree that does fork has bossy the goat in it.

2004-05-08, 2:56 PM #47
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by happydud:
Fine. But where was the spark?</font>

The lamp was lit.

------------------
<jipe> .. yes, Ubuu, we're racist commy nazi jews, and we hate male pattern baldness
<Professor`K> Sorry, but half-way through your logic, my head exploded
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-05-09, 10:28 AM #48
Quote:
Yeah but think about it... I walked out of the movie happy... you walked out upset... who had more fun the shallow thinker? Or the person who put too much thought into it...

</font>

"Ignorance is bliss."

------------------
Superstition brings bad luck.
-Raymond Smullyan, 5000B.C.
:master::master::master:
2004-05-09, 2:28 PM #49
I liked it. Period.

------------------
Titan A.E.
Titan A.E.
2004-05-09, 2:40 PM #50
Quote:

</font>

Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DSettahr:
Personally, I think that a lot of the fast-paced movies without a lot substance that come out of Hollywood these days are really dumbing audiences down.</font>

Hmm...

------------------
Because you're as bored as I am
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-05-09, 9:43 PM #51
Over all I thought it was just a fun movie. An interesting blend of a handful of monsters. My major complaint was the first half of the movie seemed like I was watching a summary of the movie, it was just fast-paced scene after fast-paced scene. However, I thought the settings were amazing.

------------------
Roach - Caught in the war of hemispheres.
0 of 14.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-05-10, 10:06 AM #52
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wolfy:
I don't put stock into "professional" reviews, or movie critics. I'm seeing it tonight with a group of friends at 6:30 tonight.

</font>

Keep in mind this is the director of The Mummy and The Mummy Returns.

------------------
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-05-10, 3:10 PM #53
The Mummy wasn't the best movie ever, but it was fun. Just the fact that they consistently poked fun at themselves and all the stupid things that went on. It was fun.

Van Helsing does not look fun or even interesting to me.

------------------
Frogblast the Vent Core!

--End of Line--
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-05-10, 6:07 PM #54
Kate Beckinsale was freaking hott.

Hehe, I liked the movie, for the most part. Some predictable dialogue, some unnesscary (sp?) characters, and some odd plot twists.

------------------
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought out "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2004-05-10, 9:36 PM #55
Hey, the Mummy was good. Then that director started making more movies...and they started sucking.

------------------
This signiture agrees completely with the previously posted signuture. To attempt copyright infringement upon this signiture is a violation of any copyright laws stated for the previously stated signiture. By acknowledging this signiture, you acknowledge the previous signiture.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.

↑ Up to the top!