Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Half Life 2 Multiplayer IS Counter Strike
Half Life 2 Multiplayer IS Counter Strike
2004-05-15, 10:27 AM #41
Moving back to the topic of the thread, I shouldn't be surprised that "Counterstrike: Source" (name given to it by Valve at E3) is HL2's multiplayer mode. Though it still does surprise me a bit, as it makes CS:CZ reduntant (ok, it was already as it was built on the original HL engine, when it was suposed to be run on the Source Engine). That being said, i've seen a short clip of gameplay from E3 of a short match in Aztek, and it looks pretty damned amazing (one example is that CTs are shooting at Terrorists in water, and water splashes up as bullets hit it). I'll see if i can find the link to it from Gamespot.

------------------
"Iraqniphobia - The fear of non-existant weapons of mass-destruction."
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2004-05-15, 11:32 AM #42
CS was fun before it became the magnet for every moron on the planet (which became especially apparent after hearing some guy yell profanity and racial slurs incessantly over the voicechat for the umpteenth time). For me, honestly, it was the people playing the game, rather than the game itself, that made me move on. Of course, I suppose that's what you get if you consistently play on public servers. Not like its the game's fault that the internet brings out the moronic side of the vast majority of the population.

------------------
I'll admit to Reactor CTF, Duel Abyss, Duel Turbulent, Duel Dustball, and even the CCCP, but not Sky High! (my first, be kind!) Ok so maybe I will.
http://www.jedilegacy.net/gonk/

↑ Up to the top!