Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Are we gonna get TACC back?
Are we gonna get TACC back?
2005-08-02, 9:38 AM #41
Are there, uh, any financial obstacles that are keeping Ryan from upgrading?
2005-08-02, 10:54 AM #42
Who's Ryan...?
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2005-08-02, 5:35 PM #43
Jackson- It's more a problem of time I imagine. He works in the tech field, and I can tell you they get crap hours.
2005-08-02, 8:47 PM #44
I used to know some incantations that would summon Ryan (but I'm not sure they will work in these fora... ah, well, have a go)

JKEdit rules, JED drools!

[no luck, eh?]

Admiral Thrawn would cry like a girl if he ever found himself facing a real enemy... like the Borg, or even a few Klingons.

[hmm? no? this is a tough one]

Admiral sir, uh, just thought you'd want to know, during that, uh, during your regrettable absence, sir, uh SuperAussie was doing this:

* motions to storm troopers *

[whew, that one used to never fail]

I COULD TRY AN ALL CAPS POST

[still no? right - time for the most hideous incantation of all]

@dMir@1 p133z g3+ +@cc 0N1iN3
2005-08-03, 1:14 AM #45
So if this is Nazi Germany and TACC is Occupied France, is this thread a POW camp?

Hey Michael, what did you think of War of the Worlds?

Have any of you seen The Machinist? I saw it the other day and it was good. I've seen lots of comparisons to Fight Club, but I really don't think it's similar at all. I don't think The Machinist is a movie that you can watch over and over and still enjoy, unlike FC.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2005-08-03, 3:34 AM #46
[QUOTE=dry gear the frog]Hey Michael, what did you think of War of the Worlds?
[/QUOTE]oh, that night was great fun ... people were running around all over the neighborhood ... there was even this one guy standing on his front porch with a shot gun taking a bead on the sky... yep, that HG Wells scared the bejesus out of us.... heard they made a couple of movies about it, too.
2005-08-03, 4:26 AM #47
[QUOTE=dry gear the frog]Have any of you seen The Machinist? I saw it the other day and it was good. I've seen lots of comparisons to Fight Club, but I really don't think it's similar at all. I don't think The Machinist is a movie that you can watch over and over and still enjoy, unlike FC.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's great. I saw it in the cinema and loved it, and I got the DVD the other day when it came out here. Unexpectably, it's just as good the second time around, it adds humour watching it when you know that Trevor is just imagining the whole thing and acting crazy in front of everyone . Great performance from Bale too.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-08-03, 6:39 PM #48
[QUOTE=dry gear the frog]So if this is Nazi Germany and TACC is Occupied France, is this thread a POW camp?
[/QUOTE]

No, it's a foreign unit of citizens/soldiers from an occupied region(TACC). The Nazi's had a few units like that...

Only difference is, we're plotting a revolution... Sieg Zeon!
<Rob> This is internet.
2005-08-03, 7:55 PM #49
Maybe I should try to see The Machinist again then. I figured it wouldn't be as good to see it again because it relied on creating tension by not knowing what was going on.
Something that is kind of interesting about it is the movie isn't really dark after you've seen it. From seeing the trailer I was expecting some really chilling and disturbing stuff, but the movie is really about his recovery. I did feel sorry for Stevie, though.
I agree that Christian Bale's performance was great. In fact, it was perfect. Losing all that weight can't be good for him though. He seems to have recovered fine to film Batman, but I would think that there'd have to be some kind of long term effects. Drastic weight changes just aren't good for you.
2005-08-03, 9:05 PM #50
Wow, check it out... they still have one of my old levels here and someone downloaded it :eek:
2005-08-04, 6:19 AM #51
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]This thread is full of names I don't recognize.

:([/QUOTE]
Says man who lives in TACC IRC channel...
2005-08-04, 9:44 AM #52
[QUOTE=Vincent Valentine]This thread is full of names I don't recognize.

:([/QUOTE]

You're such a poser :(

Originally posted by MichaelThompson:
Wow, check it out... they still have one of my old levels here and someone downloaded it :eek:

SHAMELESS PLUG!
I think I might have betatested that level...
Wait I think I might have betatested almost all your levels :cool:

If TACC were to stay down due to Ryan's lazyness I think we should get a hidden subforum here. Not to mention the hidden theme which makes everything red like good olde TACC (Not the fancy new orange TACC).

(Yes I am aware about the shocking contradictions with a previous post of mine)
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2005-08-04, 10:24 AM #53
Am I re-opped?
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-04, 10:35 AM #54
Originally posted by ZOOIkes:
You're such a poser :(

SHAMELESS PLUG!
I think I might have betatested that level...
Wait I think I might have betatested almost all your levels :cool:

guilty as charged :D
2005-08-05, 10:12 AM #55
Call me a heathen, but I think I preferred the orange over the red. The red and black was a little tacky.
2005-08-05, 11:22 AM #56
Originally posted by GHORG:
Call me a heathen, but I think I preferred the orange over the red. The red and black was a little tacky.

I think you mean TACCy
2005-08-05, 12:54 PM #57
Maybe we should just let the TACC forums die. I mean, I like talking to you guys, but it was getting lifeless there. We had some good revival ideas but none of us actually took the initiative to get it going.
2005-08-05, 6:19 PM #58
Well, if Ryan had made me the moderator instead of "What's his name"...
<Rob> This is internet.
2005-08-05, 7:14 PM #59
[QUOTE=Commander 598]Well, if Ryan had made me the moderator instead of "What's his name"...[/QUOTE]

It would have died a long time ago. ;)

Somebody slap a headstone on the graphic.

We ought to start a "Farewell to TACC" thread (here of all places... the irony is killing me...)
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-08-05, 8:20 PM #60
speaking of Zork, does anyone else remember the Infocom text based games? I wanted to do some experiments with interprocess communication, named pipes particularly and ended up with (4) instances of Zork accessible from my webserver as the processes to communicate with.... I mean, why not make it fun, right?
[http://michaelthompson.org/zork/webzork.jpg]
Anyway if anyone wants to try it out go here: http://michaelthompson.org/zork/frotz.php
2005-08-05, 8:36 PM #61
Originally posted by Chewbubba:
It would have died a long time ago. ;)

Well I never! Hmmph!
<Rob> This is internet.
2005-08-05, 11:10 PM #62
[QUOTE=dry gear the frog]Maybe we should just let the TACC forums die. I mean, I like talking to you guys, but it was getting lifeless there. We had some good revival ideas but none of us actually took the initiative to get it going.[/QUOTE]

Pardon my asking, but, who are you?
2005-08-05, 11:23 PM #63
Sorry I've been out of touch lately. I've only been finishing my thesis, graduating, getting a job, and moving across the US. :p

I'm going to fix the forums as soon as I have a spare moment, which should be sometime after these boxes filling my apartment are upacked!
2005-08-06, 3:57 AM #64
Am I awake or dreaming?

(I wonder how fed up Ryan is getting with these jokes ;) )

Originally posted by Isaak:

Judging from his nick my guess would be Talon Karrde.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

2005-08-06, 8:12 AM #65
Originally posted by RyanTACC:
Sorry I've been out of touch lately. I've only been finishing my thesis, graduating, getting a job, and moving across the US. :p

I'm going to fix the forums as soon as I have a spare moment, which should be sometime after these boxes filling my apartment are upacked!

* cue the dancing Ewoks, Ryan was not on that thing when it blew up!!!*
2005-08-06, 9:17 AM #66
Somebody must have spiked my food. I could have sworn I saw something by Ryan, but for now I'll just chalk it up to hallucinations.

Mike: I played Zork 1 for the first time WAAAAY back in the 80's on my Commodore 64 (which I lovingly nickednamed 'Commode 64'). I remember drawing my own maps and playing it over and over and over. I had Zork II and Zork III as well, but I don't remember much about either. Never jumped on any other Zorks after that.

However, I do have an Infocom Interpreter that I got from here , and I think all of the old Infocom games are here .
"Harriet, sweet Harriet - hard-hearted harbinger of haggis."
2005-08-06, 10:53 AM #67
Originally posted by Isaak:

ZOOIkes is right, I'm Talon. I guess I forgot to mention that.

There's a big amatuer text adventure community. They have yearly competitions and everything: http://wurb.com/if/award/1. Several months ago I was hooked on them. Some of them are downright brilliant.
2005-08-06, 12:46 PM #68
Somebody must have spiked my food. I could have sworn I saw something by Ryan, but for now I'll just chalk it up to hallucinations.

[Adam West Voice]
It's probably the same people who are stealing the water...
[/Adam West Voice]
<Rob> This is internet.
2005-08-06, 4:18 PM #69
Is it just me or does this thread get more hits per day than the entire TACC fora used to?
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

2005-08-06, 9:54 PM #70
Possibly. I wonder if any non-TACCers are following this thread. If not, we can lob insults at them without them knowing it! In their own forums!
Let's try it out...

Massassi is somewhat lamer than TACC! [/color]

Hah, that'll show them! Zing!
2005-08-06, 10:49 PM #71
[QUOTE=dry gear the frog]Possibly. I wonder if any non-Massassians are following this thread. If not, we can lob insults at them without them knowing it! In their own forums!
Let's try it out...

TACC is somewhat lamer than Massassi! [/color]

Hah, that'll show them! Zing![/QUOTE]

Indeed it will.

o.0
2005-08-07, 10:45 PM #72

Mike: I played Zork 1 for the first time WAAAAY back in the 80's on my Commodore 64 (which I lovingly nickednamed 'Commode 64'). I remember drawing my own maps and playing it over and over and over. I had Zork II and Zork III as well, but I don't remember much about either. Never jumped on any other Zorks after that.

However, I do have an Infocom Interpreter that I got from here , and I think all of the old Infocom games are here .

I never could figure out Zork I w/o cheats but I was able to solve II and III There was a multimedia version, Return to Zork, but it just never seemed as clever as the originals. (I loved my Commodore 64... it was a huge step up from my Timex Sinclair 100 and I learned 6502 assembler on it.)
2005-08-10, 7:55 PM #73
I want it back already...
2005-08-10, 8:03 PM #74
TACC was cool until someone blatantly insulted me. I retaliated and got banned. I also cried.

p
2005-08-10, 8:18 PM #75
At least TACC's level archives are still up. Thank God for small favours.
2005-08-10, 9:15 PM #76
* sigh *
2005-08-10, 9:16 PM #77
Who the hell are these people?
>>untie shoes
2005-08-10, 9:57 PM #78
Step away, Bill. Don't touch/feed the TACCers
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-10, 10:41 PM #79
I heard that...
<Rob> This is internet.
2005-08-11, 7:39 PM #80
Oh didn't you hear? We're the elitist snobs who are too cool for chaotic message boards and instead opt for fora with barely a new post each week.

And Oliver Stone is pretentious, overrated, and has a blatant disregard for fact.

↑ Up to the top!