Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Longhorn to be officially named Windows Vista?
Longhorn to be officially named Windows Vista?
2005-07-23, 4:06 AM #41
I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm getting OSX at the end of next month, and by the time that my new Mac's had it's day (Hopefully not for a looooong time) you guys will've all had plenty to say about vista and I can decide whether or not it's any good. By that time I think most people will've come round to it anyway. If (like for XP) MS release a demo I'll bung it on this machine for a play in the meantime - it can't be all that bad.

Heeeeeee font test. :D
2005-07-23, 6:30 AM #42
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
I would use linux too, but I never figured out how to set up network printing and networking in general. :(

Network printing: CUPS. Use the KDE Printer Manager if you want a graphical configuration interface. I know it works, Ive set up a dozen workstations that printed to network printers with CUPS.

Networking: 'ifconfig'. Seriously, that one command does most of the work. If you want a graphical configuration interface, try GNOME's network interface properties applet.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.

↑ Up to the top!