Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Paranormal Activity
Paranormal Activity
2005-07-22, 7:49 PM #1
Okay, on time this week. Might be a bad day to post a poll because of the new forum change is really causing a lot of action here on Massassi...but I want opinions!

Question is simple as this: Do you believe in paranormal activity, such as ghost, entities, demons, spectres, or energy? Have you had any experiances that made you become a believer or skeptic?

Me...well I believe in energy. It's weird how to explain, so simply one word can do it: bioelectromagnetics (BEM's). Now this is just a theory, but it could be very possible for a collection of energy to be focused into orbs (what ghost hunting societies call little orb-shaped things in photographs...although they're unreliable because they turn out to be dust sometimes) by an entity that has passed away. This will explain why there are sudden drops in temperature (drastic ones too, I might add. Burr), because when you focus energy like in your hands, they become warm, but the area around them should be a little coooler than the average temperature (cold is the absence of heat, and heat is energy..in this case, bioelectromagnetical energy).

I could go into detail but..you know I'm dodging the whole point of ghost and stuff. So do you believe?
2005-07-22, 7:54 PM #2
I don't believe, but then again I don't not believe either. I try to keep an open mind.
Stuff
2005-07-22, 7:55 PM #3
No. It's all bull**** perpetrated by loonies and the superstitious.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-07-22, 7:59 PM #4
Oh, and about the "orbs"; as you say, it can be caused by dust... nearly every single photo I took (with the flash) with my old digital camera had multitudes of them. Lots of ghosts indeed!
Stuff
2005-07-22, 8:00 PM #5
I don't believe in them, but there is some weird **** out there not pertaining to any of that.
2005-07-22, 8:08 PM #6
I don't, but I also believe there are probably lots of weird and wacky things we haven't discovered yet. Woo
2005-07-22, 8:08 PM #7
And remember, if you are experimenting with bio-energy (or whatever), it's easily disrupted by the radiation from CRTs. Buy an LCD today!

This post brought to you by Sony Corporation International.
Stuff
2005-07-22, 8:26 PM #8
I had an argument on a forum about the paranormal with some people who photographed "orbs" as a hobby. After presenting my argument, with photographic evidence of how dust and other particles can produce artifacts in photos that look identical to these "orbs", and explaining how illogical it is to conclude there is anything supernatural going on, they still tried to argue that these mundane flaws in their photographs are actually ghosts. There was one woman who claimed to be a professional photographer. She claims that she made sure there was no dust in the air when she took these photos - despite the fact that airborne dust is mostly invisible.
These people are more insane than creationists. Their minds are devoid of reason.
I'm just a little boy.
2005-07-22, 8:29 PM #9
Yes, I guess I'm a really hardcore paranormal believer. I believe that energy exists. I am also a strong believer in matter as well.
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-07-22, 8:32 PM #10
Originally posted by Flirbnic:
There was one woman who claimed to be a professional photographer. She claims that she made sure there was no dust in the air when she took these photos - despite the fact that airborne dust is mostly invisible.

Haha... wow, I'm sure Intel would love to get their hands on whatever method she uses to ensure there's no dust in the room; it beats the hell out of using multi-million-dollar clean rooms... :rolleyes:

Yep, you said it: more insane than creationists.
Stuff
2005-07-22, 8:41 PM #11
Originally posted by kyle90:
Yep, you said it: more insane than creationists.

Quoted.
For.
Trut-err, Awesomness.
2005-07-22, 8:43 PM #12
Well, don't give me too much credit, Flirbnic said it first :o

OH CRAP A GHOST, G2G
Stuff
2005-07-22, 8:47 PM #13
Originally posted by Flirbnic:
These people are more insane than creationists. Their minds are devoid of reason.

QUOTED.
FOR.
AWESOMNESS.
2005-07-22, 8:47 PM #14
I'm not really sure if I believe or not. I had to vote no because there wasn't a "not sure" thing :P Anyways, I'm leaning towards no.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-07-22, 8:52 PM #15
So your saying that you don't know if energy exists? What do you think is comming out of your computers moniter? :D
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-07-22, 8:57 PM #16
I think she means paranormal bioelectromagnetical energy, not heat or light energy. Remeber there's different kind of energies here.

Anyways, I need an op to add an option, "Probally" and switch quesadilla_red's vote there (Along with any others in this thread that request it) if possible. Thanks!
2005-07-22, 9:14 PM #17
I will believe in ghosts the day one attacks me in broad daylight.
2005-07-22, 9:52 PM #18
The only aliens I believe in are illegal aliens. :p
2005-07-22, 10:00 PM #19
my stance on paranormal stuff, aliens, ghost.... god... anything out of the normal is that I'd like to beleive in it, but I actually need to see something like that before I can solidly belive in it.

I just can't really imagine aliens and ghost floating around, I want to, I know we can be alone out in the universe and I know weird things happen, but until I actually SEE them, I can't really say i beleive that it's ghost or aliens or devine intervention.
The Gas Station
2005-07-22, 10:01 PM #20
Originally posted by ProdigyOddigy:
Yes, I guess I'm a really hardcore paranormal believer. I believe that energy exists. I am also a strong believer in matter as well.

sometimes I don't believe in matter, but then I realize someone moved the matter and I go back to believing in it. I don't believe ghosts and that are on earth haunting us and whatever. But if you wanted to get into paranormal GIFTS like telepathy and such, I'd have a good theory for you...but that's another thought for another thread.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-07-22, 10:02 PM #21
Originally posted by ProdigyOddigy:

sometimes I don't believe in matter, but then I realize someone moved the matter and I go back to believing in it. I don't believe ghosts and that are on earth haunting us and whatever. But if you wanted to get into paranormal GIFTS like telepathy and such, I'd have a good theory for you...but that's another thought for another thread.

But then again...all of us on here are ghosts aren't we? Seeing as how Brian stole our souls and imprisoned them on here...maybe we're ghosts and don't know it?

I don't believe in ghosts swarming the earth.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-07-22, 11:11 PM #22
It's all in your head.
2005-07-22, 11:44 PM #23
Very few paranormal incidents are unexplainable, but there are still quite a handful that AREN'T explainable. That doesn't make them real, but it is entirely possible. Shooting down paranormal cases because they can't be proven is no better than standup up for paranormal cases because they can't be disproven.

I hope extraterrestrial life has been visiting us, who doesn't? It would be the greatest and most significant event EVER in the history of the ENTIRE PLANET. The knowledge we could gain is enormous. I'd like to believe, but most evidence is hardly convincing at all. If you do a google for "ufo skeptics" you should find some decent pages written by *actual* scientists that keep their minds open.

And before anyone says "Why do aliens visit countrymen and rednecks? Why don't they drop in on New York City or the Senate?" The most widely accepted theory is that they don't WANT to make upfront contact just yet. If you want to study an intelligent species, especially one as destructive as we are, you don't just drop it without knowing something about them. If they wanted to make contact, they would. One theory suggests said aliens have been slowly increasing their visits over the course of the past 50 years to "ready" us for first contact. Granted most all UFO cases are certainly false, but does that matter? Polls showing anywhere from one to two third of Americans believing we've been visited by extraterrestrial life. It doesn't matter if it's real visits or hype created by tabloids, if it makes us believe it might be possible then it's working. I mean really, if actual aliens had landed in the USSR during the 60s, what would the Russians have done? Either blown them out of the sky or killed them and stolen their technology to use against the USA in the cold war. You can't just drop in on people as stupid as we are. We're just not ready for it yet.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-07-23, 8:15 AM #24
One time I thought a ghost was moving my mouse pointer across the screen but it was just my "friend" hacking my comp at a LAN party.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: If you are one of the hundreds of parachuting enthusiasts who bought our "Easy Sky Diving" book, please make the following correction: on page 8, line 7, the words "state zip code" should have read "pull rip cord."
2005-07-23, 8:36 AM #25
Originally posted by kyle90:
Oh, and about the "orbs"; as you say, it can be caused by dust... nearly every single photo I took (with the flash) with my old digital camera had multitudes of them. Lots of ghosts indeed!

It's usually something on the camera lense.

As a wannabe amateur photographer.. it happens to me alot.
2005-07-23, 11:07 AM #26
Maybe the spiritual is normal and we're paranormal.

OOOOOOOOooooooooooooooh!

>.>
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-07-23, 11:08 AM #27
LIKE THE OTHERs

WOWZOR
2005-07-23, 11:24 AM #28
If you watch the series Ghost Hunters, they covered orbs in a recent episode pretty well. There was this one house this group of ghost hunters had a photo with an orb that had a "face." However, you really couldn't see much. The group that is focused on in the series took a look around the ceiling and noticed there were alot of cracks to the attic.

Investigating the attic lead to finding particle chips as the insulation that could easily fall through the cracks. They filmed someone messing around with the insulation and the result on camera was TONS of "ghost orbs." Even particles you really couldn't see in person, showed up as orbs on the camera. As they were watching the video, the lead guy said "I know plenty of people who would go nuts over something like this."

It was great. :D

I believe in some paranormal and such, like spirits showing up in photos or presences staying around locations. But some of the ghost stuff people come up with, pretty sad.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-07-23, 11:28 AM #29
No, I don't believe in ghosts, warewolves, vampires, ufos, orbs, gods, the loch ness monster, big foot or anything else of that nature.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-07-23, 11:46 AM #30
Ghosts exist.

Ufo's exist.

Alien life on other planets exists.

Bigfoot, is probable.

Chupacabra, probable.
2005-07-23, 12:03 PM #31
I've never experienced an paranormal stuff myself, but I don't doubt that there are odd things out there.
Pissed Off?
2005-07-23, 12:06 PM #32
The only way to live a rational life is to reject all supernatural, that includes both religious nonsense and your pseudo-science 'energy' bull****.

You believe in 'energy'? What the hell is that even supposed to mean? Energy is either potential energy of a system or kinetic energy of particles or waves. Nothing else. Stop using 'scientific words' to further your own crap.

I actually prefer the religious idiots, because they merely oppose science, rather than you lot that take blatant ignorance and corrupt genuine science while trying to pretend to be 'scientists' all the same.

I see this all as just 'New Age' crap, people wanting to 'rebel' against the established Christianity but aren't quite brave enough to adopt atheism. Refusing Christianity is great, but when you just replace it with this utterly meaningless 'spirituality' crap then you haven't made any progress at all.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-07-23, 12:29 PM #33
An irrational outburst pissing all over everyone else while preaching about rationality. Fascinating.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-07-23, 1:13 PM #34
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Ghosts exist.

Ufo's exist.

Bigfoot, is probable.

Chupacabra, probable.

Examples?
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-07-23, 1:28 PM #35
Google.com
2005-07-23, 1:31 PM #36
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
The only way to live a rational life is to reject all supernatural, that includes both religious nonsense and your pseudo-science 'energy' bull****.
No, that's the way to live the most closed-minded life humanly possible.

Thanks for clarifying your mindset, it will be useful in the future.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-07-23, 1:33 PM #37
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Ghosts exist.

Ufo's exist.

Bigfoot, is probable.

Chupacabra, probable.

May I quote you on this next time we get into a debate on the existence of God?
2005-07-23, 1:35 PM #38
I spy a Mort-hog induced argument brewing.

Anyways, I'll believe in the paranormal when something paranormal actually happens.
nope.
2005-07-23, 2:18 PM #39
Originally posted by Boco:
I spy a Mort-hog induced argument brewing.

We cannot oppose the all-knowing Mort-Hog who cannot err.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-07-23, 2:20 PM #40
Originally posted by DogSRoOL:
No, that's the way to live the most closed-minded life humanly possible.

More like the way to live a life that isn't completely delusional.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!