Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anomalies in 9-11 story
Anomalies in 9-11 story
2005-07-27, 11:58 AM #1
http://911research.wtc7.net/sept11/analysis/anomalies.html

First, I never said I agreed with these, although some of the "evidence" they use is quite odd if true.

Debate, however, don't get into a heated one.
2005-07-27, 12:00 PM #2
This thread is doomed.
D E A T H
2005-07-27, 12:03 PM #3
I know it probably will turn into a huge heated debate, but that's not what my point of posting this is. The point is to civilly discuss what "may" be going on, point out what facts are wrong, etc and state your opinions.

Nobody in this matter can really be right or wrong, since nobody here officially investigated this matter.

And Yoshi, try next time to post something constructive :em321:
2005-07-27, 12:04 PM #4
I've only read through some of the information in the link, but before I go any farther, would you tell me - is this pretty much saying that the 9/11 attacks were known about in advance and that the government LET them happen, and may have even authorized it? Sounds like a crazy conspiracy theory, but I'm interested nonetheless. Tell me if I've got the wrong end of the stick! :p
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-07-27, 12:04 PM #5
It would be funny if this didn't turn into a debate, just because you told us to debate.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-07-27, 12:04 PM #6
I don't even read those anymore.

The last four or five conspiracy theorist 9-11 things I've read through were so full of crap.. I wanted to puke.
2005-07-27, 12:39 PM #7
This is bull can't these people just accept that what happend, happend? Serriously some people are always tring to skate up hill!
2005-07-27, 12:46 PM #8
Attachment: 6335/Image1.jpg (13,445 bytes)
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-07-27, 12:47 PM #9
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]This thread is doomed.[/QUOTE]

2005-07-27, 12:48 PM #10
Originally posted by maddox.xmission.org:
Warblog: A blog that primarily deals with war. Filled with whiny blow hards who are fixated on their stubborn ideas and conspiracy theories. For example, there are countless hours pissed away by conspiracy theorists who think the WTC towers were demolished by bombs planted by the government. These armchair engineers write endlessly about how the physics of the collapse was impossible, how the temperature wasn't hot enough to melt steel, and how the planes were carrying missiles. Of course, the one thing they don't postulate is a REASON.

My personal favorite warblog was one that had a flash animation with people who were quoted as saying "it didn't sound like a plane to me... it sounded like a missile." Thank you Joe Nobody for giving me your expert opinion on what missile sounds like, because gas station superintendents are usually the best people to ask about the sonic signature of ballistic missile thrust.

Period.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-07-27, 12:52 PM #11
i hate websites like that.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-07-27, 1:07 PM #12
Originally posted by Wolfy:
"Catcher in the Rye"

Hehe, the movie I believe that you are referencing is a good one! ;)
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-07-27, 1:20 PM #13
It's funny how all of you guys have made fun of the link without actually rebutting any of its claims.

I'm not trying to defend it, but I'd like to see some actual evidence that they're wrong instead of "those things make me puke" and "haha dumb conspiracy theorists."
2005-07-27, 1:20 PM #14
If there is so much confusion over this attack, the terrorists are grinning with pleasure.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-07-27, 1:24 PM #15
Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
It's funny how all of you guys have made fun of the link without actually rebutting any of its claims.

I'm not trying to defend it, but I'd like to see some actual evidence that they're wrong instead of "those things make me puke" and "haha dumb conspiracy theorists."

The evidence for us is pretty blatant considering I watched the aircraft fly into the side of the things. But despite the explosion of jet fuel and the falling plane parts it's to be assumed it was a bomb. :rolleyes:
2005-07-27, 1:26 PM #16
Nobody's debating whether airplanes flew into the buildings. The site accounts for that.
2005-07-27, 1:30 PM #17
It's the same logic as someone trying to blame the Jews for the holocaust. America gets attack by a terrorist group, there is evidence to prove this the terrorist group took responcibility for this. But there is always one fat dude on a couch *cough*MichaelMoore*cough* that tries to blame the government that was just sitting there like everyone else that morning.
2005-07-27, 1:36 PM #18
Some people believe WWII didn't happen.
2005-07-27, 1:43 PM #19
Alright enough the only evidence we need is the two big holes in New York City. Cause the fact of the matter is we could argue all day about who was at fault but it doesn't change the fact that 3000 + met their early death that day, and aruging this is just disrespectful to them. So I conceed.
2005-07-27, 1:45 PM #20
omg futureposted
2005-07-27, 1:57 PM #21
[QUOTE=Yummy Cookie]It's the same logic as someone trying to blame the Jews for the holocaust. America gets attack by a terrorist group, there is evidence to prove this the terrorist group took responcibility for this. But there is always one fat dude on a couch *cough*MichaelMoore*cough* that tries to blame the government that was just sitting there like everyone else that morning.[/QUOTE]

Great one!

The whole point of the site was to provide evidence that the government WASN'T just sitting around. See? You're not rebutting anything, you're just making generalizations against conspiracy theorists.

What I'm asking for is a debunking. You're giving me a political opinion without any facts behind it. :\

I think it's probably that most of us feel comfortable enough with our own understanding of the events to not care about thorougly reading, analyzing, and possibly debunking anything on that site.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-07-27, 2:05 PM #22
Quote:
The alleged hijackers partied at topless bars and drank alcohol, despite being portrayed as fundamentalist Muslims, for whom such behavior would be surprising.

If I was about to die smashing a plane into a building, I would make the most of my time before I perished.
2005-07-27, 2:08 PM #23
Originally posted by Rob:
I don't even read those anymore.

The last four or five conspiracy theorist 9-11 things I've read through were so full of crap.. I wanted to puke.

Yep. Why even post **** like this is you know it's bull other than to get people pissed off?
Pissed Off?
2005-07-27, 2:10 PM #24
Well at least one of the claims, that the buildings' falls were perfect implosions is untrue, as the Deutchbank building (formerly Bankers Trust) is still marred by a huge gash down it's side from the antenna.

It repeats the Pentagon "there was no plane" myth, and straight-facedly speaks of a massive conspiracies, including that Mayor Gulianni was not using the command center because of some pre-knowledge of a collapse (I was watching the news, the grounds were declared unsafe well before the collapse).
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-07-27, 2:20 PM #25
Stupid future posting just makes me look stupider and stupider.

SOMEONE FIX IT
2005-07-27, 2:24 PM #26
Stupid posting just makes me look stupider and stupider.

SOMEONE FIX IT

Okay. Fixed.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2005-07-27, 2:24 PM #27
I always find things like this interesting.

Oh and yeah, it's basically saying one of two things happened

1. The government knew about the attacks, but did nothing

2. The government was somehow involved inthe attacks.
2005-07-27, 2:27 PM #28
Originally posted by Temperamental:
I always find things like this interesting.

Oh and yeah, it's basically saying one of two things happened

1. The government knew about the attacks, but did nothing

2. The government was somehow involved inthe attacks.

Even though they are blatant conspiracies that have no basis in reality?
Pissed Off?
2005-07-27, 2:49 PM #29
The whole point of the site was to provide evidence that the government WASN'T just sitting around. See? You're not rebutting anything, you're just making generalizations against conspiracy theorists.

What I'm asking for is a debunking. You're giving me a political opinion without any facts behind it. :\
2005-07-27, 2:59 PM #30
Actually, most things in their list are just facts, its just that they are implying that the coincidences were somehow connected to the 9\11 attacks. Which can be argued until we are all blue in the face and it will do nothing. I personally don't think the Government had a hand in the attacks, nor do I think they knew exactly what the terrorists were going to do, but there is outstanding evidence that the Government knew that something was going to happen at some point.

And Thrawn, people aren't trying to debunk anything because it's a sensitive subject and people don't like to questions what they are told about sensitive subject. Them there are dangerous thoughts.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-07-27, 3:09 PM #31
Originally posted by Delphian:
If I was about to die smashing a plane into a building, I would make the most of my time before I perished.

...except the Qur'an says that a good Muslim should not drink anything that could inebriate them, and I would quite imagine that hanging out in a strip bar would offend most imams who weren't handing out fatwas against the vile Westerners.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-07-27, 3:13 PM #32
Exactly. I think that if they believed enough in the muslim, quaran or whatever their belief is called, to die for it and murder millions of people for it, I think theres a slight chance they also might believe inthese things as well and oppose them.
2005-07-27, 3:27 PM #33
(edit: I've revised this over and over to get the right sentiment. Still don't have it. But I think "It's hard to find the effort to argue against a conspiracy theory when people realize it's wasted breath.")
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-07-27, 3:27 PM #34
I always love the people who say how they were there and they are offended by anyone bringing up anything like this. Newsflash, people, something like 60% of New Yorkers, including people who were there, and saw it happen, do not believe the terrorists were behind it.

It's not just a few armchair engineers. It's an increasingly large amount of America.
>>untie shoes
2005-07-27, 3:32 PM #35
You sure as hell better have support for a statement like that.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-07-27, 3:39 PM #36
Originally posted by Bill:
I always love the people who say how they were there and they are offended by anyone bringing up anything like this. Newsflash, people, something like 60% of New Yorkers, including people who were there, and saw it happen, do not believe the terrorists were behind it.

It's not just a few armchair engineers. It's an increasingly large amount of America.

I've not heard of this.

60% ?

SHENANIGANS
2005-07-27, 4:08 PM #37
Originally posted by Temperamental:
Exactly. I think that if they believed enough in the muslim, quaran or whatever their belief is called, to die for it and murder millions of people for it, I think theres a slight chance they also might believe inthese things as well and oppose them.

Yeah, just like they believe in that whole peace and love thing that Islam preaches.

Oh, damn.
D E A T H
2005-07-27, 4:22 PM #38
Most religions preach peace and love, but it's never stopped them before. :p
2005-07-27, 4:36 PM #39
People will never agree on this. I personally think there is a lot suspicious about those attacks. I thought Fahrenheit 9-11 was very interesting too. I don't want to go into debate because it seems more a matter of what people want to believe or not want to believe than anything else. I say it stinks, and that people like Michael Moore have a point.

And now for some humour;

Bush to Osama: "Commander, the time has come. Execute Order Sixty-six."

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/JoZ/Darth_Bushius.jpg]
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-07-27, 4:55 PM #40
Originally posted by Bill:

Thats funny. I know quite a few people round these parts, not all of NYC mind you, but I know quite a few people. A diverse group of people too. Im pretty sure all of them will disagree with you, and 60% of them will not believe you exist.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.

↑ Up to the top!