Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Jesus Christ!
Jesus Christ!
2005-07-30, 8:14 AM #81
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]You didn't even spell the name right. :p

That's just how it's pronounced.[/QUOTE]

He probably doesn't have an ancient Hebrew font on his computer. :p
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-07-30, 8:44 AM #82
Yahweh can be pronounced?...
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-07-30, 10:02 AM #83
Yahweh is God's name? O_o

*boggle*
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-07-30, 10:08 AM #84
It's YHWH or whatever in Hebrew, pronounced Yahweh
D E A T H
2005-07-30, 10:51 AM #85
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]It's YHWH or whatever in Hebrew, pronounced Yahweh[/QUOTE]

Yoshi has it.

Or if you're talking about Prophet Yahweh, tis okay.
2005-07-31, 6:09 PM #86
Is the name of God made by the people (stated by the written documents)?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-07-31, 7:08 PM #87
Originally posted by Oxyonagon:
I usually say holy sh... but anyway.

But it seems unlikely that god exists etc. Nobody has seen any Jesus Christs around since except Thrawn (numbers). A good god should prove he exists every so often. I would if I was god.

There are some people who believe he has. And does.

Originally posted by Yecti:
The problem with religion in general is that people are too touchy about their faith. I'm a Jew. I constantly exclaim, "Jesus Christ!" when something is crazy or is in need of exclamation. Yet, I'm probably one of the most extreme reform Jews I know. I don't believe that Christ was a person of ANY importance at all, if he even existed.

Yeah, a dude who reshaped the entire course of the western world (and consequently, affected the eastern world as well) and started the WHOLE CALENDAR YOU USE obviously isn't important. Seriously.

Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
"Taking the Lord's name in vain" refers to the name 'Yahweh', you should never say that name (oops). The purpose of the words 'God' and 'The Lord' is precisely to avoid using 'Yahweh', so whenever you say 'oh my god' you are not taking the Lord's name in vain because you're avoiding 'Yahweh'. If we were saying 'oh my yahweh', then it might be something different.

Well, seeing as how to Christians YHWH and Jesus Christ are the same (sort of) then explaiming Jesus is the same, as Jesus was his name. And being that the title God and Christ are used in the capacity of a name, they may also fall under this.

Of course, this all falls apart when you consider that it doesn't matter too terribly much what they did, if in our time, it is considered sin to say 'Oh my God' or 'Jesus Christ' in a disrespectful manner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YHWH
2005-07-31, 7:21 PM #88
We're arguing two things--one: the interpretation that ACTUALLY is a sin to say either name in 'vain'.
And two: What disrespectful is. Keep this in mind, RN, and shape your arguments accordingly.

Also, in response to what you said to Yecti--I think he meant he's not important to him RELIGIOUSLY, though I can't speak for teh wang.
D E A T H
2005-07-31, 7:23 PM #89
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]We're arguing two things--one: the interpretation that ACTUALLY is a sin to say either name in 'vain'.
And two: What disrespectful is. Keep this in mind, RN, and shape your arguments accordingly.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah. But this is part of my master plan. Which is, like all Mormons, to convert everyone I come in contact with and marry all of their female relatives.

Seriously.
2005-07-31, 7:23 PM #90
What?
D E A T H
2005-07-31, 7:36 PM #91
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]What?[/QUOTE]

See, now that I have you confused I strike. Before you know it you will have 12 children and be eating lots of Jell-o.
2005-07-31, 8:18 PM #92
And living in Utah?
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-07-31, 8:27 PM #93
THe Mormans are actually losing ground in Utah.
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!