Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Power-Rangers is still on!?
Power-Rangers is still on!?
2005-07-29, 4:28 AM #1
Wow I used to watch this when I was like 10. I can't believe the show is still on. totally weird now... but I guess it was always that way I was just too young to realize how corny it was

They don't say "IT'S MORPHIN TIME" any more. .. :(

Point of this thread: who used to love power rangers?
2005-07-29, 4:33 AM #2
I call red!
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-07-29, 4:34 AM #3
I CALL GREEN!

He was the best.

Had a knife-flute! I MEAN COME ON! How freaking cool is that?

OH! And his dinosaur had MISSILES for freaking fingers. AMAZING.
2005-07-29, 4:40 AM #4
I hated the show.
Can't say what's worse, the Power Rangers kiddies or the Pokemon kiddies...
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-07-29, 4:47 AM #5
I call the White Ranger... He had Samba, the talking lion sword of DOOOOOOOM!

Not to mention, this way, both me AND Rob get to boff Amy Jo Johnson!
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-07-29, 4:48 AM #6
Did anyone noticed that the black guy on the show is always the one stuck with the Black Power Ranger costume?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-07-29, 4:50 AM #7
Yea, the White and Green rocked - definately.

And yea, Amy Jo, go Pink ranger :)
2005-07-29, 4:50 AM #8
Wasn't also the yellow ranger played by an asian girl?
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-07-29, 4:51 AM #9
Originally posted by Yecti:
I call the White Ranger... He had Samba, the talking lion sword of DOOOOOOOM!

Not to mention, this way, both me AND Rob get to boff Amy Jo Johnson!

A DEFINATE BONUS!
2005-07-29, 4:57 AM #10
Used to make me laugh that only about five minutes of each episode were original footage.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-07-29, 5:08 AM #11
hey. be fair. There was about 10 minutes of new content in each episode. The scenes without the masks on had to be redone because they had to replace the asian actors. With the masks on, the camera quality goes all sh*** and you know the voices are dubbed over. No English speaking person bobs their head that much when they point and talk at somebody.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On
2005-07-29, 5:32 AM #12
how weird. like 4 days ago i woke up really early and saw the new intro. it was called Power Rangers SPD i was like woah wtf

i too was a mighty morphin fan back in a little kid, im not gana play tough guy and deny it, why would you deny somthing so rad. it has definatly came too a whole new level. i think if i could see how it is now when i was little id be pissed. cause the whole plot with angle grove, bulk and skull, putty patrol, rita repulsa, lord zed and goldar rocked! well back then it did.

"AYIAIYIAYIAYIAYIA" - Aplha 5

but yeah trini "yellow ranger" died in a car accident.
2005-07-29, 5:32 AM #13
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/foofighter85/amy062.jpg]

Wow, she's a lot better looking than I remember.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-07-29, 5:34 AM #14
and you had to love how they would walk in a group of 5 wearing the exact colors of ranger they were. and nobody had a clue they were the power rangers.

and its weird that theyd always end up at angel grove park an rita would send putty to attack them at every episode.
2005-07-29, 5:53 AM #15
I used to like the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. Until they released the new series.

Putty Patrol rules!

[http://www.rangercentral.com/images/mmpr-vi-putties.jpg]
Skateboarding is not a crime.
2005-07-29, 5:56 AM #16
The series went downhill fast after the space saga.

Wasn't like the first black ranger hispanic or something?
2005-07-29, 5:59 AM #17
Nope he was definately black.
And the yelllow asian.
2005-07-29, 6:18 AM #18
[http://www.retrotrader.com/catalog/images/new009%20007.jpg]
2005-07-29, 6:31 AM #19
I can remember watching it until they had the 3rd sorta main baddie.

Ah, childhood memories.
nope.
2005-07-29, 7:03 AM #20
I loath that show, they do about 2 versions of it a year nowadays, I don't even know what the newest one is
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-07-29, 8:11 AM #21
Originally posted by KegZ:
Wow, she's a lot better looking than I remember.

[http://www.fivebuckstofriday.com/archive/hit7.jpg]
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-07-29, 10:07 AM #22
<3 Power Rangers.

Honestly, the ORIGINAL Power rangers was a pretty good japanese flick.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-07-29, 10:11 AM #23
The original Black Power Ranger doesn't have a middle finger on one of his hands.

And classic episodes of Power Rangers play on ABC Family's Jetix block.

/quits being such a huge TV nerd
"If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?"
2005-07-29, 10:17 AM #24
Yeah, the power rangers shows got worse and worse every year. The best one was the very first season..

Quote:
and you had to love how they would walk in a group of 5 wearing the exact colors of ranger they were. and nobody had a clue they were the power rangers.

Like..you know.. Clark Kent's fantastic disguise of a pair of glasses.
2005-07-29, 11:08 AM #25
He slicked his hair back too!

And the original power rangers rocked, and even posssssssibly the one after that, but now it's just getting rediculous.

"Power Rangers In Another Galaxy in An Alternate Universe With Underwater Dinosaurs and Fast Cars!" I think is the name of the latest one.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-07-29, 11:13 AM #26
Power Rangers has gone through something like 8 metamorpasises since it first started airing in hte US. New casts with most of them, new bad guys, and all. It's not the same show that was ion back in the day.
Pissed Off?
2005-07-29, 11:19 AM #27
It was pretty good. I liked the season with lord Zed. Rita was kind of lame, but Zed was cool.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-07-29, 11:25 AM #28
Originally posted by Echoman:
Did anyone noticed that the black guy on the show is always the one stuck with the Black Power Ranger costume?

Actually in Power Rangers Turbo (the one the second movie is based on) the black guy got to be red ranger. He also got a pretty cool car besides the zord. :p

Originally posted by Impi:
Wasn't also the yellow ranger played by an asian girl?

Yeah, unfortunately she died in a car wreck years ago after her (ironic) role in Crow: City of Angels.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-07-29, 11:46 AM #29
I loved the Power Rangers. I pretended I was them when I was younger and bought all those toys.
2005-07-29, 11:47 AM #30
I had the toy of the white rangers sword. It was awesome.
2005-07-29, 12:09 PM #31
Lord Zed was awesome.
2005-07-29, 12:46 PM #32
I LOVED the Power Rangers! Once it reached "Power Rangers Turbo" though, it sucked, and I haven't enjoyed it.

With the mention of the Green and White Rangers, I'm surprised no one mentioned the gold ranger, who was also Tommy.

I remember when they made a huge deal out of the white ranger... my friend and I were in 3rd grade, and we had this "Wee Mail" system, so we could write letters to our friends in a different room. At lunch one day we were talking about it, and we made a 10-Cent bet of who the White Ranger really was, I dont remember who he said it was, but I said it was Tommy, because they showed him in a commercial I think... but anyway, the day after the show, I opened up a letter I got from my friend, and it had a dime in it.

Ah, the memories. I miss him... I wonder if he's home for the summer from College... hmm... I'll have to see.

And does anyone remember "Big Bad Beetleborgs" or "VR Troopers"?

<3.... I miss my childhood TV... now everything sucks.
2005-07-29, 1:07 PM #33
I loved Power Rangers. I'd play it all the time with my friends. I stopped watching after about the 3rd change. Now though, I look back and realize how stupid it and I were.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-07-29, 1:08 PM #34
Originally posted by FCTuner04:

I loved VR troopers.
2005-07-29, 1:39 PM #35
Originally posted by Rob:
I CALL GREEN!

He was the best.

Had a knife-flute! I MEAN COME ON! How freaking cool is that?

OH! And his dinosaur had MISSILES for freaking fingers. AMAZING.

WIN!

Yeah I used to the love the first few seasons, but after that it became horrid.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-07-29, 1:46 PM #36
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
<3 Power Rangers.

Honestly, the ORIGINAL Power rangers was a pretty good japanese flick.

what

Kyouryuu Sentai Zyuranger (or any of the Super Sentai series) isn't exactly what I'd call "good".
VTEC just kicked in, yo!
2005-07-29, 2:21 PM #37
I remember when they made a huge deal out of the white ranger...

That was an interesting time. Everybody was so hyped about the Green Ranger and they wanted to be him and whatnot for that halloween. Even I was one of them, my mom was making the costume from scratch though. Because of this, after the white ranger was revealed (it wasn't long before halloween) I was able to ask my mom to change it from the green to the white ranger.

I was the ONLY white ranger I saw in my city. :p It was a pretty cool costume, I also had the sword, "Saba."

I really liked Big Bad Beetleborgs but didn't really get into VR Troopers. There was also that one show, I think called Masked Rider. It had a crossover episode with the Power Rangers...
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-07-29, 2:53 PM #38
Amy did a VH1 "I love the 90's" special about the Power Rangers.

She still looks hawt.

I played as the Green/White Ranger.
2005-07-29, 3:08 PM #39
Yeah, when we all pretended and stuff I got to be the blue one. :D
nope.
2005-07-29, 3:35 PM #40
Nerd. :p
Pissed Off?

↑ Up to the top!