Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What'd the biggest thing you've ever stolen
What'd the biggest thing you've ever stolen
2005-08-05, 8:43 PM #1
What's the most valuable thing you've ever swiped?
Mine would probably be two glass bottles of sprite from a 4-star hotel. I had never seen that before, and we were just looking for sodas in the hotel kitchen when we spotted the beasts.
If you charge that much for roomservice, you're just asking for people to rummage around in your kitchen's.
So post yours.
It took a while for you to find me; I was hiding in the lime tree.
2005-08-05, 8:47 PM #2
Are we counting pirated software/music/movies here? If not, I've never stolen anything. If so, well... let's just say if the RCMP comes knocking at my door, I'll be destroying my hard drive.
Stuff
2005-08-05, 8:51 PM #3
you know the lost island of atlantis? well it wasn't lost.... i stole it
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-08-05, 8:52 PM #4
Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
you know the lost island of atlantis? well it wasn't lost.... i stole it

Wow. That's incredible!
2005-08-05, 8:54 PM #5
What are you a cop?
>>untie shoes
2005-08-05, 8:55 PM #6
Yeah. I live on 21 jump street...
2005-08-05, 8:59 PM #7
Nice.
>>untie shoes
2005-08-05, 9:03 PM #8
This thread reaks of Fed.
2005-08-05, 9:05 PM #9
At UPS, you can get 5 grand for reporting thievery or otherwise dishonest behavior.

I'm just WAITING for someone to narc on. I want that 5 grand.
2005-08-05, 9:05 PM #10
Your mom.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2005-08-05, 9:13 PM #11
I can't say I've stolen anything.
2005-08-05, 9:20 PM #12
When I was in pre-school, I took a Hot Wheels ice cream truck. The concept of "stealing" wasn't really obvious to me at the time.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-05, 9:26 PM #13
I plead the fifth.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-08-05, 9:29 PM #14
I swiped a Keith's pitcher at Champ's, in Peterborough. My friends had already took off with one, so I asked another table if they were finished with their's. They said "Sure," so I took it and ran like hell all the way back to my place......I was tired
2005-08-05, 9:37 PM #15
I went on a Retreat and me and a bunch of friends stole around 75 cookies...lol.

Originally posted by kyle90:
Are we counting pirated software/music/movies here? If not, I've never stolen anything. If so, well... let's just say if the RCMP comes knocking at my door, I'll be destroying my hard drive.

Yeah there is always that chance, I'lve thought about it and I figure the best thing to do if you were really paranoid is to get a removable drive kit and lock it up whenever you aren't around.
2005-08-05, 9:39 PM #16
Quote:
I swiped a Keith's pitcher at Champ's, in Peterborough. My friends had already took off with one, so I asked another table if they were finished with their's. They said "Sure," so I took it and ran like hell all the way back to my place......I was tired

Huh?
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-05, 9:49 PM #17
Originally posted by Gilgamesh85:

Another one from Peterborough? God damn there's a bunch of you guys up here that I never knew about.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-08-05, 10:02 PM #18
Originally posted by kyle90:
let's just say if the RCMP comes knocking at my door, I'll be destroying my hard drive.

Honestly, what are the chances? I'm pretty sure unless you do something to get yourself noticed for having illegal software, you won't get bothered. Think about how many MILLIONS of people have pirated software, why would they single you out if they didn't have a reason to?
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2005-08-05, 10:10 PM #19
[QUOTE=Glyde Bane]Another one from Peterborough? God damn there's a bunch of you guys up here that I never knew about.[/QUOTE]

Well, technically, I'm not up there yet. I'm working at home, then heading up around the 10th of September. 559 Reid street. Give me a holler if anyone's up for some drinkin'. We shall be having quite a few parties.
2005-08-05, 10:26 PM #20
Anyone else smell pork?
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2005-08-05, 10:31 PM #21
Well I guess if we're counting piracy then...
some software
>_>

Other than that, probably a pencil
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-08-05, 10:42 PM #22
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
Honestly, what are the chances? I'm pretty sure unless you do something to get yourself noticed for having illegal software, you won't get bothered. Think about how many MILLIONS of people have pirated software, why would they single you out if they didn't have a reason to?

Hence why i've mastered the art of "Stingyness" with P2P File Sharing Programs. I only share on BT because it increases my incredible download speed to 2 kbs.
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2005-08-05, 10:45 PM #23
That reminds me, I thought I heard something once that said you can only get in trouble for sharing files, not for downloading them. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Author of the JK levels:
Sand Trap & Sand Trap (Night)

2005-08-05, 10:47 PM #24
I don't think I've ever stolen anything. Never was much of an appeal to me.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-05, 10:48 PM #25
Oh I'm future posting. Yay

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-08-05, 11:56 PM #26
Originally posted by Gilgamesh85:
Well, technically, I'm not up there yet. I'm working at home, then heading up around the 10th of September. 559 Reid street. Give me a holler if anyone's up for some drinkin'. We shall be having quite a few parties.

At 15, I doubt I'll get invited to said parties, but I *ahem* have had my share of drinks.

Biggest thing I stole other than software? That's a toughie. I honestly can't remember anything other than a stick of gum from blockbuster XD

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-08-06, 12:02 AM #27
I just stole Brian's soul. :p

now to sell it on ebay!
2005-08-06, 12:55 AM #28
Hearts!
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-08-06, 1:42 AM #29
Well, the biggest thing probably happens to be the worst and by far most immoral. One day last year, my senior year, the school leadership class left the storage closet unlocked, it had all kinds of crap kept inside. I could not help but walk in with my near-empty backpack, and walk out with $100 worth of T-Shirts and Hooded sweatshirts with the school logo on it. I also made off with about ten Mountain Mikes Pizza Coupon Cards, each with "$100 worth of savings" which they were selling for $10 apeice, I got a lot of free pizzas with those. I'm not trying to make myself look "edgy" or whatever by posting this, i'm actually quite ashamed to admit it but it did happen.

Besides that, I've stolen a lot from novelty shops. You know, those tourist ships that sell stupid overpriced crap with the names of the nearent biggest city stamped all over it. Real easy just to drop something in your pocket.

I stole a 12 pack of condoms from Safeway one time.

I've never been caught stealing. Its become kind of a habbit that I know I should stop.
2005-08-06, 4:50 AM #30
Discounting software piracy and music, i only nick cool pint glasses.
/fluffle
2005-08-06, 6:42 AM #31
I tried to nick a traffic sign last week (it's was a temporary sign for a detour which had already been suspended but the signs still lay there besides the road). It was pretty big so it wouldn't fit in the the garbagebag I had brought along, so I had to drag it on my bike out in the open. When I was almost home some guy from city hall just coincidentally drove past and foiled my schemes though :( Luckily I got away clean with some quickly thought up lies.
Too bad, it would've been a nice wall decoration...

Other than that I can't really think of stuff I stole except perhaps ballpoints and markers from work/school when I needed them.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2005-08-06, 6:47 AM #32
Originally posted by Dark__Knight:
That reminds me, I thought I heard something once that said you can only get in trouble for sharing files, not for downloading them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Legally, I believe they're equivalent. However, I don't think they can actually catch you if all you do is download without some sort of bot that monitors any IPs that contact them.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-06, 6:50 AM #33
Oh an another question, has anyone ever seen said mini glass bottles of sprite before?
2005-08-06, 6:57 AM #34
Originally posted by Wolfy:
Legally, I believe they're equivalent. However, I don't think they can actually catch you if all you do is download without some sort of bot that monitors any IPs that contact them.

Yeah, legally they can get you for either. But right now, they've said they are only going after the big sharing folk, since their reasoning seems to be "stop the big sharing people, and you stop the downloaders".

Decent idea, except that it'll take them centuries to catch them all.
2005-08-06, 7:00 AM #35
I probably stole something stupid when I was really little that I don't remember, but other than that, no, I've never stolen anything.

I did almost walk out of a store with a bag of clothes completely absent mindedly though once. My mom was standing at the counter, and I didn't realize she had stopped. She yells at me, asking where I am going, and I turn around, all confused. That was really embarrasing :/
2005-08-06, 7:18 AM #36
Pint glasses, very rarely sofware (I've got nothing pirated on either of my machines at the moment - but in the past...), and err... one traffic sign (the classic 'man having trouble with umbrella' one).

But mainly funky pint glasses.
2005-08-06, 7:30 AM #37
i once walked out of the school bookstore with a thing of scotch tape. i had put it in my pocket because i had needed both hands for something and just forgot it was there.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-08-06, 7:37 AM #38
Originally posted by UltimatePotato:
Oh an another question, has anyone ever seen said mini glass bottles of sprite before?

Restaurants and more expensive bars in Europe usually serve sprite in glas 20 cl (I think, might be 33) bottles of green glass. Nothing special about that, all other sodas are served that way too.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2005-08-06, 7:42 AM #39
Perhaps something from my local polar bear community.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-06, 7:44 AM #40
Originally posted by ZOOIkes:
Restaurants and more expensive bars in Europe usually serve sprite in glas 20 cl (I think, might be 33) bottles of green glass. Nothing special about that, all other sodas are served that way too.

Maybe we just don't get it here in the States (assuming that you are currently in Europe), but the only bottles are coke, and even those are getting hard to get now.

Or I'm just not very observant. Either way, the bottles were cool. :p

↑ Up to the top!