Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → "I was sick in the head for her, and there wasn't a cure"
"I was sick in the head for her, and there wasn't a cure"
2005-08-06, 2:16 PM #1
Well... This is officically my FIRST "girl" thread ever to appear on the Internet.

Yesterday at work, I noticed a very, very attractive young female (the kind you go: "habadahabadahabadahabadahabada" over :p.) Anyways, Near the end of the night, with about 1 hour left my supervisor told her (yes! thank you! :D ) to help me load and unload carts onto and off trailers for the remainder of the night. Sweet I thought, I can hopefully get to know her and become friends.

The first thing I noticed, but didn't think much about at the time, was when my supervisor asked her if she knew how to unload and load carts and to help me, she looked over at me and quickly nodded yes. The funny thing is, she didn't have a clue what to do. She didn't know how to put them in the specific order, or how to put on load bars, or how to take 2 carts at a time. A clue? Or me being overly observent?

So while we were working, she would be cracking jokes, poking fun at herself and I, laughing when herself and I screwed up something, and just seemingly having a good time around me. When we were able to stand around waiting for trucks to come in or whatever, we would be talking about all kinds of subjects. We seemed to have A LOT in common. Even though we didn't know each other, we just seemed to connect. At one point, out of the blue she jokingly poked me in the side and said "did that hurt?" (clue?)

She also WANTED to annoy me in a playful way. I told her how I NEVER look at the time while I'm working because I believe time goes faster when you don't know what time it actually is. Well, every 5 minutes she would proclaim the time to my face, lol. Then after a while I said I'd hit you if you weren't a girl, and she replied how she used to be into kickboxing for 3 years. I like a girl who can kick serious ***, and my *** too probably :o.

Our shift ended (nooooo!) and she headed for the bathroom while I headed to my car after signing out. I was taking my boots off in my car and then I noticed her walking to her car. I yelled out "Have a great weekend!" and she said the same back. While she pulled out to drive away she honked and gave me a last wave.

Now, am I just being a werido, or am I correct in that she is, either: being super-flirty, or cleverly hiding the fact that she likes me?

When I see her again, I'm going to ask if she wants to to get together next weekend as I enjoyed our short time together that much. I hope she doesn't have a BF, or says no. :(

What's your take on this guys? I've only ever known 4 girls who liked me so I'm no girl expert. Thanks for reading this looooong post and replying. Much appericated. :)
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-08-06, 2:35 PM #2
teeheehee, and so it begins.
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-08-06, 2:37 PM #3
Just ask her to hang out next weekend, if she says no, that's no big deal. Atleast you asked. I was tempted to make a girl thread here but opted for fear of being burninated by "OMG U NO NOTHIN ABOUT LUV NOOB". Ah, anyways, just go for it. Nothing to lose.
2005-08-06, 2:38 PM #4
girl threads are always so long
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-08-06, 2:38 PM #5
Originally posted by tinny:
teeheehee, and so it begins.

America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-08-06, 2:51 PM #6
Ask her out. Criminey.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-06, 2:54 PM #7
i hate when this happens, you meet a girl and u instantly really like her.

well she was DEFINATELY being flirty with u, and seems to find u attractive/attracted to your personality.

I would warn against anything happening with a girl you work with, it could end in disaster.

If she's that stunning, theres a 90% chance she has a bloke. Or she's a lesbiaann.
If you want to pursue something, ask her our after a while, but as a friend with other people. Do not ask her if she has a bf directly, unless she asks you if you have a gf. In which case.... DING DING.

To Sum up the situation:

Dont do anything I wouldn't do, but if you do, name it after me! :D
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-08-06, 3:01 PM #8
Everyone's already said it. ASK HER OUT.

/me looks at kyle90

>.>
2005-08-06, 3:01 PM #9
why would u look at kyle90?
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-08-06, 3:25 PM #10
How is this a problem?

Seems kinda straightforward... no need to make a thread about it, really.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-08-06, 3:50 PM #11
*waits for dramatic updates*

I really don't see the problem, though - & she's definitely not trying to hide anything.
woot!
2005-08-06, 3:55 PM #12
Originally posted by Ruthven:
why would u look at kyle90?

He's the one that drilled it into my head to ask out this girl.
2005-08-06, 3:55 PM #13
kill her and throw her body in the lake
2005-08-06, 4:00 PM #14
[http://geekhost.info/~gabriela/textbilder/cowbell_skit_qy_25.jpg]

I've got a fevuh... and the only cure is.. more cowbell.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-08-06, 4:04 PM #15
This sounds promising. Not that I know much about girls, but I say continue to hang out with her and seize your chance to further the relationship when the opportunity presents itself. Just curious, is she "hot" or "cute" or the best of both worlds?
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-08-06, 4:44 PM #16
Originally posted by Anovis:
Everyone's already said it. ASK HER OUT.

/me looks at kyle90

>.>

*cue deer-in-headlights stare*

I've been spotted! *runs*
Stuff
2005-08-06, 4:46 PM #17
You're overanalyzing, which is a prime way to screw a perfectly good thing up. Stop thinking too much and just go with the flow. :rolleyes:
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-08-06, 5:49 PM #18
Sounds like your chances are quite good. Go for it.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-08-06, 5:54 PM #19
I don't think shes flurting...She's just being a girl. At my work, I am the only guy *score* and all the girls joke around and act playful. They are just being nice. I wouldn't get a hard on just yet. I mean she might be flurting, but considering you just met, my guess is just a good first introduction.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-06, 5:58 PM #20
Originally posted by Warlord:

...wtf?
2005-08-06, 6:49 PM #21
Thanks everyone for your opinions. It's not like as soon as I see her again I'm going to instantly ask her, I'll see if she still seems interested and if so make a "move". :o
a stroll to my step;
2005-08-06, 7:03 PM #22
Just be cautious with the working together thing.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-06, 7:15 PM #23
kues! that's lies, one key off >_<
2005-08-06, 7:43 PM #24
The Cure
2005-08-06, 8:02 PM #25
If everything you said in the first post is true, she's not only attracted to you, she's being fairly obvious about it.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-08-06, 8:02 PM #26
She sounds kind of... annoying.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2005-08-06, 8:29 PM #27
*Laughs*

Ah, I remember when Pagewizard reigned as the all-knowing on women...
2005-08-06, 8:34 PM #28
yeah, but did people actually listen to him?
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-08-07, 4:06 AM #29
Originally posted by Zell:
How is this a problem?

Seems kinda straightforward... no need to make a thread about it, really.

How else, exactly, is he supposed to show off about meeting a girl who likes him? :p
2005-08-07, 7:04 AM #30
its hard to tell with girls, that might just be her personality, see what happens next time you work together, and ask her if she wants to hang out, and BAM youll have an indication
I <3 Massassi
2005-08-07, 7:07 AM #31
You don't get to have an opinion untill you change your signature to something intelligible.
2005-08-07, 7:10 AM #32
Uh, this thread needs more cowbell?
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-07, 7:52 AM #33
Originally posted by LividDK27:
How else, exactly, is he supposed to show off about meeting a girl who likes him? :p

Yeah 'cause you know, if that was my plan, I'd tell my firends that I actually know in real life. I wouldn't care if everyone in here called me a stalker and a big loser because of this. I just wanted some "outside" opinions. Nothing more, "boasting" on the internet doesn't do it for me. ;)
a stroll to my step;
2005-08-07, 8:39 AM #34
Relax, I was only joking. ;)
2005-08-07, 9:00 AM #35
No worries, what I said looks like I was "mad" but I was just saying what was on my mind. ;)
a stroll to my step;
2005-08-07, 4:19 PM #36
Quote:
Do not ask her if she has a bf directly, unless she asks you if you have a gf. In which case.... DING DING.

:[ I never hear the bell.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-08, 11:16 AM #37
Originally posted by Warlord:

I agree with Warlord, its alot easier to kill them than try to work them out.

MURDER DEATH KILL!
2005-08-08, 12:43 PM #38
It seems half of you are going to jail the moment you meet a girl that seems to like you. O_o
DO NOT WANT.
2005-08-08, 12:52 PM #39
Luckily, they've taken measures to make sure this will never happen: they come here.

:o
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-08-08, 1:05 PM #40
Originally posted by Sol:
I was sick in the head for her, and there wasn't a cure.

That boy needs therapy! :p

I'd sit back a wait a little while (but no very long) and see if she continues with her behavior, all the while trying to find out more about. If she does, or if she becomes even more "pleasantly annoying", consider making the move.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...

↑ Up to the top!