Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → American civilization
American civilization
2005-08-13, 1:02 PM #41
Uh. I dont think it matters if you live in america to care about something like that.

Are you saying that because i live in the US, im not allowed to care about the London Bombs?

(futureposted yoshi)
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-08-13, 1:07 PM #42
For someone to make a passe joke at something that happened a few years ago, yeah, it's pretty damn stupid MB.
D E A T H
2005-08-13, 1:13 PM #43
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Like 3 or 4 years ago, I'd smack up any one doing jokes about that incident. Be glad your not in my reach these days...

You don't even LIVE IN AMERICA. Besides that, I don't think you're in any position to be threatening anyone. Go finish your MMO.
D E A T H
2005-08-13, 1:30 PM #44
yeah. I wanted to play that. :gbk:
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-08-13, 3:06 PM #45
Originally posted by MBeggar:
Uh. I dont think it matters if you live in america to care about something like that.

Are you saying that because i live in the US, im not allowed to care about the London Bombs?

(futureposted yoshi)

Yes it does. You don't want the sympathy gestapo at your door do you?
2005-08-13, 10:37 PM #46
(I've often wondered about this very subject, actually, being something of a history nut. I've done my best here to simulate an A.D. 4000 high school level textbook. I've taken great pains to make it about as accurate about our times as our high school textbooks are about anything before 1 B.C. ;) )

Little is known about the ancient empire of Omorka (possibly pronounced "Amarka" or "Omoraka"). There are many reasons for this, but one of them is that most Omorkian documents were recorded not in clay tablets or even on papyrus papers, but rather in fragile electronic storage units. Many of these units, which varied widely in shape and size, have been recovered, but most have been damaged beyond readability. Recently, historian James K. Polkadot has argued that early Omorkians used paper documents, but his theories have been ridiculed as absurd (he also proposes, among other things, that Washington was a real person and the Revolution War was a real historical event!).

It was believed in older times that Omorka was founded by rebels fleeing from the persecution of the Britch Commonwealth, but modern scholars now agree that it is more likely that Omorka was initially populated by migratory fishermen who set up temporary settlements on the shores of Omorka, and interbred with the local indiginous peoples. The result was a mixed population speaking a European language possibly similar to Swedish, and ruled over by a class of European nobility.

Over time, the population on the continent of Pippiwig (known then as "North Omorka", named after its largest country), slowly developed into two main groups: In the North, fur-hunting barbarian tribes known collectively as the "Canda", and in the south, a group of small city-states known as "the Colnies" (legend has it that there were originally 13 of these city-states, but scholars agree that it is unlikely that the number of colonies should just happen to be such a signifigant number. Estimates range between 7 and 22 "Colnies"). According to the Myth of King Washington, the various city-states were united when they were attacked by a powerful Canda chieftan called Gorg. Some versions of the tale say that King Washington's first name was "Gorg", but scholars believe that this came about from a garbled retelling of the war between King Washington and King Gorg. Some legends even claim that this King Gorg came from across the sea.

Scholars now agree that King Washington and Gorg were not real people, but there may be a kernel of truth in the legends. Many believe that there may have been a war or perhaps a series of conflicts between the Omorkian Colnies and the Canda tribes, which caused the Omorkian city-states to unify under a single leader known as a Prezdand or Prezidand. According to legend, many of these city-states at first refused to join the newly born empire, and King Washington's son, Ablinkon, conquered them in a bloody war of expansion. While there is debate as to whether Ablinkon (or Ab-Linkon) existed, it is certain that some sort of conflict embroiled the Omorkian Empire in its early days.

Next Week: The World Wars. The Omorkian Empire conquers Europe and Japan, but it is not long before the Ruskan Empire halts their progress and begins a decades-long standoff.
So sayest the Writer of Silly Things!
2005-08-13, 11:24 PM #47
I thought yours was going to be a serious one. :(
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-14, 2:01 AM #48
heeee.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-08-14, 4:15 AM #49
It would have been funnier if it didn't cast common words, words that were in use long before the United States adopted them (president, from 'to preside' - to hold the position of authority, from Latin) in the same pseudo-mythological context as King Gorg. In many other respects it is quite funny, even if it does have the same ring as implying Caesar Augustus was a golem of Romaine lettuce created by the first vegan Jews to quell the uprisings of their Egyptian and Babylonian slaves.
2005-08-14, 5:49 AM #50
Originally posted by SF_GoldG_01:
Like 3 or 4 years ago, I'd smack up any one doing jokes about that incident. Be glad your not in my reach these days...

[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v373/JoZ/Darth_Beavis_01.jpg]

Oh wait, people also die in wars. Let's not make jokes about wars anymore. And what about disease? No jokes! Car accidents? You got it.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I
2005-08-14, 10:25 AM #51
The people that died, would they want you to be miserable? No, my guess is that they loved comedy just as much as we do, and using their deaths to make people laugh and to make people happy is the greatest tribute to their lives, and deaths, imaginable.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-08-14, 10:50 AM #52
Exactly.
ORJ / My Level: ORJ Temple Tournament I

↑ Up to the top!