Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Pizza!!
Pizza!!
2005-08-12, 7:23 PM #1
This poll will have two parts. First part is simple enough...choose which crust size your prefer. New Yorker pizzas have a history of being thin, kinda light and airy...but packs flaver and gives the toppings more credits. On the other hand, Chicago is well known for their deep dishes and crust, so that you get a more filling in your pizza.

Next up, I would like you to post your favorite topping. Because toppings in pizza actually vary from cheese & pepperoni...to mashed potatoes, there's too many to list for a poll.

I'm up first. I can eat both, but I prefer the New Yorker style pizza. I don't like feeling like I can't move after eating 3 slices...I would rather feel like that after 20 or so.

My favorite topping is vegetables of all kinds.
2005-08-12, 7:30 PM #2
I've grown up on a pretty mean deep dish that the best local pizzeria cooks up. I like to sink my teeth into some nice, thick dough and sauce.

My fave topping is pepperoni. Simple, but a necessity for any pie.
2005-08-12, 7:46 PM #3
Thin is the only way to go. Fold the slice of pizza (or the freaking pizza) in half and then enjoy.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-12, 8:18 PM #4
Toppings - Canadian: Bacon, Pepperoni and Mushroom.
The crust doesn't really matter to me, although I strongly favor Pizza Hut-style deep dish/pan (+ stuffed crust)
2005-08-12, 8:19 PM #5
I prefer a thin crust. As far as topping goes: mushrooms, shrimps and tunafish
Yeah, you stay here and take life seriously. I'll go and have some fun.
2005-08-12, 8:22 PM #6
Pizza's pizza. But spicy toppings and meat bode well in my book.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-08-12, 8:31 PM #7
Thin crust for the win!
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2005-08-12, 8:35 PM #8
NYC style is the best.

i know a place that makes great NYC-style food, and they have some of the best pizza and hot wings ever conceived. Period.
2005-08-12, 8:41 PM #9
I'd rather have more toppings and less dough, since the dough is filling and not always that apetizing in large quantities. So, in other words, a New Yorker style is more up my alley, although a well-done deep dish can be equally appealing.

As for toppings: pepperoni, almost any cheese, chicken, alfredo & tomato sauce, canadian bacon, sausage, hamburger ... yeah, so pretty much anything with meat on it! :p
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-08-12, 9:12 PM #10
Hmm I prefer a happy medium. I can't stand really thick, doughy pizza. Too much dough compared to toppings. Not a good dough to topping ratio (Cookie to whoever catches that reference!)...But yeah I prefer a medium, or even a good thin crust, which tastes better but isn't nearly as filling.
2005-08-12, 9:17 PM #11
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
NYC style is the best.

i know a place that makes great NYC-style food, and they have some of the best pizza and hot wings ever conceived. Period.

I agree with Page!

and as for the second part. I know hundreds of places like that :P
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-08-12, 9:23 PM #12
Depends on how/what the thick crust is made of. Personally, I love certain kinds of thick crust, but I also love traditional thin. I suppose it just depends on my mood at the time.
"And lo, let us open up into the holy book of Proxy2..." -genk
His pot is blacker than his kettle!
2005-08-12, 9:28 PM #13
555 Deal Ftw!
2005-08-12, 9:28 PM #14
New york style, and I like my pizza with lots of cheese and mushrooms, if only one topping. If I can pick a bunch, then the Canadian style. Bacon, Pep. and mushrooms.

Or, if I'm feeling good, mexican. Japalenos, ground beef, onions and tomatoes. Mmmm.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-08-12, 9:36 PM #15
Thick crust + sauce + cheese.

Being a vegetarion who doesnt like veggies makes pizzas a bit limited.

o.0
2005-08-12, 9:49 PM #16
Classic pepperoni.
2005-08-12, 10:07 PM #17
I like thin and thick crust. Doesn't matter to me.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-12, 10:09 PM #18
Who Cares! It's Pizza!!! Yuuuuuuummmmmmm!
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-08-12, 10:23 PM #19
I like it deep and thick.
2005-08-12, 10:30 PM #20
Pepperoni and Green Peppers, Mushrooms, Olives, Chives!
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-12, 11:05 PM #21
Coming form you, I'm not suprised by that. :p
Pissed Off?
2005-08-12, 11:12 PM #22
I like my pizza the American way. Thin crust (though I swing either way) with pepperoni. Eaten with my HANDS, not silverware. Any other way is a sin.

[Disclaimer: I'm willing to forgive those who prefer plain cheese, or types of meat other than pepperoni, but vegetables or anything of the like = inexcusable, and a desecration of the wonder that is pizza]
Moo.
2005-08-12, 11:16 PM #23
Whatever tastes good.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-12, 11:19 PM #24
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
I like my pizza the American way. Thin crust (though I swing either way) with pepperoni. Eaten with my HANDS, not silverware. Any other way is a sin.

[Disclaimer: I'm willing to forgive those who prefer plain cheese, or types of meat other than pepperoni, but vegetables or anything of the like = inexcusable, and a desecration of the wonder that is pizza]

Vegetables + Meat = Win

You = Lose
2005-08-12, 11:34 PM #25
Light or heavy, supreme is good.
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-08-12, 11:50 PM #26
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Vegetables + Meat = Win

You = Lose[/QUOTE]

you = desecrate the pizza

pizza gods = angry
Moo.
2005-08-13, 12:02 AM #27
I like thin, then you can focus more on the toppings. Toppings are eggplant, asparagus, mushroom, spinach, tomato, olive, garlic and jalapeno (sp) (yeah I'm vegetarian, used to like "canadian bacon" and sausage). Getting all of those is too expensive and half the time I just end up going cheese.

Mashed potatoes sounds like an interesting combination though. I love waffles with hot sauce, spaghetti sandwiches (many a carb) and stuff like that so it may be interesting.
2005-08-13, 12:28 AM #28
I chose NY style, because that's what I'm craving right now. From fast-pizza I usually prefer thick crust because they don't tend to have good thin-crust, but thin-crust sounds really good right now.

And my favorite topping? Sausage and broccoli. MMmmmm
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-08-13, 12:39 AM #29
Plain cheese, anything else just ruins it.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-08-13, 12:46 AM #30
I voted for ordering both, but I'd lean towards NYC style more than Chicago style. I, however, am a huge fan of "Papa John's" style :p

As for toppings, while I like to be a cheese man, I also like mushrooms, green peppers, sausage and pepperoni.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-08-13, 1:06 AM #31
I like my pizza the way I like my women, light and thin. But I voted for both because a bit of jolly voluptuosness is a nice treat now and then. ;)
2005-08-13, 1:32 AM #32
GARBAGE POST
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
2005-08-13, 1:33 AM #33
Originally posted by A_Big_Fat_CoW:
you = desecrate the pizza

pizza gods = angry

Pizza originally had every color of the Italian flag. The more of those colors you have, the more l33t your pizza is.
visit my project

2005-08-13, 1:36 AM #34
Ok, I voted for thin and crispy because it's nearest to what you get in Italy - and I'd always go for pepperoni and pineapple - sweet and spicy goodness!
2005-08-13, 2:04 AM #35
I'll eat them both.. but I prefer Thin.. donato's with pepperoni and extra cheese is like teh awesome.
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-08-13, 3:34 AM #36
Originally posted by ProdigyOddigy:
Pizza originally had every color of the Italian flag. The more of those colors you have, the more l33t your pizza is.

Thats only Margaretta pizza. Mozzarella cheese, basil, and tomato sauce.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-08-13, 7:11 AM #37
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS:
NYC style is the best.

Go to cambridge Ontario, and go to a place called Moose Winooski's. Best wings EVER.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-08-13, 7:51 AM #38
ya i like NYC style, which around here tends to just be the normal amount
I <3 Massassi
2005-08-13, 10:04 AM #39
thin crust with pepperoni and pineapple for me.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-08-13, 10:08 AM #40
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Toppings - Canadian: Bacon, Pepperoni and Mushroom.
The crust doesn't really matter to me, although I strongly favor Pizza Hut-style deep dish/pan (+ stuffed crust)

Same toppings for me, but with double cheese as well. Oddly, on top of a pizza is the only place that a mushroom tastes good to me.

Why am I not surprised that "Order Both" is the most popular choice? :)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."

↑ Up to the top!