Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How often would you play a girl in a game?
How often would you play a girl in a game?
2005-08-12, 10:47 PM #1
I have to admit - I have a really bad habbit of always making girl characters or using a girl skin in most games but only if she looks hot and is played in 3rd person.

Yes, I know what you are thinking and I agree - I really need a girlfriend.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-08-12, 10:52 PM #2
To quote a certain webcomic character, if there's one arse I have to stare when playing, it's got to be a female one.

Most of the time though I just randomly choose, though. And when I replay the game, I seem to take the opposite gender.

Or something.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-12, 10:55 PM #3
When I'm playing a video game I'm not staring at my character's ***.

I'm slaughtering stuff, and... well, it just doesn't seem right to play anything but a guy.
2005-08-12, 11:02 PM #4
I usually play as a male character, especially if I can make it look like me. If the sex of the character chages some of the game a little bit, like KotOR, I'll do that to see what's different.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-12, 11:05 PM #5
I generally don't relate to a female game character, so I play a male. Especially in a PnP game, where I actually voice the player out.
:master::master::master:
2005-08-12, 11:16 PM #6
I'm a guy, so I play a guy. Guys who play girls disturb me.

(The exception being games where it's unavoidable, such as Perfect Dark or the Metroid series or things like that, or in the case of KotOR where your gender can affect the outcome of the game.)
Moo.
2005-08-12, 11:23 PM #7
I'm reminded of endgames (megatokyo)
一个大西瓜
2005-08-12, 11:26 PM #8
My current KotOR II character is a female. I play both sexes just to get all the dialog options.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-08-12, 11:41 PM #9
JediGandalf bats for both teams? :confused:
2005-08-12, 11:53 PM #10
When there's an option I play some of both, always have. I reroll constantly and make whatever interests me at the moment - sex, age, race, etc. will vary based on the current whim and what fits the character I have in mind.

I honestly don't care if it creeps you out. Not my insecurity.
2005-08-12, 11:56 PM #11
I play a man
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-13, 12:10 AM #12
I voted SavageX needs a girlfriend because, besides having no "sometimes" option, you can never go wrong with that option, at least because it's amusing. Or something. I tend to agree with your line of thinking though -- there's sexy fun in playing a hot lady. There's the roleplayer/actor/writer part of me that likes to vary just for the sake of exploration as well.
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2005-08-13, 12:42 AM #13
3D chicks are too perfect.
2005-08-13, 12:57 AM #14
I always play as a male unless it's unavoidable...playing as the opposite sex is just too weird.
2005-08-13, 1:03 AM #15
I always play as a male, unless it's Soul Calibur II or some other fighting game. Not because they are hot or anything, but beacuse girls kick *** in fighting games.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-08-13, 1:14 AM #16
Originally posted by SAJN_Master:
I always play as a male, unless it's Soul Calibur II or some other fighting game. Not because they are hot or anything, but beacuse girls kick *** in fighting games.
Nightmare? Necrid?
The only female character in SC2 who's 'up there' is Talim, because she's ridiculously fast.
2005-08-13, 1:33 AM #17
I've only made a female character once and that is my character in Tiger Woods 2005... hot blonde with a nice T & A...
"Nulla tenaci invia est via"
2005-08-13, 2:04 AM #18
I don't think I've ever played as a girl except in games where you can't choose. When I play the game I need to feel like I'm in the game, heheh. The girl should be your hot NPC ally or something.
visit my project

"I wonder to myself. Why? Simply why? Why why? Why do I ask why? Why do I need to find out why? Why do I have to ask why as a question? Why is why always used to find out why? Why is the answer to why always why? Why is there no final answer to why? Simply why not? Holy cow, this is pretty deep, meaningful **** I wrote. Glad I wrote it down. Oh man."
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ [slog], Echoman
2005-08-13, 3:00 AM #19
Originally posted by Jon`C:
Nightmare? Necrid?
The only female character in SC2 who's 'up there' is Talim, because she's ridiculously fast.

God damn can I ever pwn with Nightmare.

That and sissy sword guy. His name slips my mind at the moment.
2005-08-13, 3:51 AM #20
I'm just happy you spelled dammit correctly. A++!

QM
2005-08-13, 4:11 AM #21
Originally posted by Dormouse:
This site is qoddam fascinating, I've been reading off and on for quite a while, but this seemed appropriate:

http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/001369.php

Also, I posted here on this issue [second to last post, but the whole thing is interesting]:

http://www.nickyee.com/daedalus/archives/000551.php?page=2

Edit: Mirrored here for convenience.

Quote:
I have been an avid rpg player, mudder, and most recently mmorpger for many years, covering everything from Achaea to Realms of Despair to Kingdom of Loathing to World or Warcraft.

Primarily, in text games, I play males [as I am a 22 year old one myself], and in visual games, I use female avatars.

A good part of this, is that in many games, the male avatars are possessed of enormous codpieces and gigantuan biceps, which obscure noticeably more of the screen than female avatars, not to mention it just bothers me on a visceral level.

As well as simply being able to see somewhat better around a female av, their physical rendering is often much preferrable to the male ones. This is not in the manner of "I'd rather stare at a female backside", but in that the male models are very often absurdly-to-repugnantly muscle-bound, and usually have very poorly realized facial features. Take World of Warcraft, for example, where my gnome and human are female, because the male models for those races look alternately creepy/leering or just plain neandertal and slow-witted. Furthermore, I have yet to find a game, where the male models come close to representing my own form, and here the female avs are almsot a more reasonable approximation.

Moreover, I rather enjoy collecting and fashioning various garb, and I find that outfitting my female avs tends to lend to more aesthetic results than the males. The primary exception here, is my male Tauren Warrior, who looks awe-inspiring in heavy arms and armor.

Finally, my use of female avs is something of an attempt to balance the demographics of the game world. It can be a bit bothersome, or disconcerting, to wander through cities where 90% of the people you pass are male.
Posted by: Dormouse on July 5, 2005 02:07 AM
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2005-08-13, 5:09 AM #22
Yeah, sometimes I'd play as a girl. Somtimes, as a girl pretending to be a guy. Sometimes, as a transgendered person. Sometimes, as a prepubescent Korean kid (not saying that all prepubescent Korean kids are obnoxiously annoying, well maybe all the ones on the Asian-Pacific servers of any well known RPG that I've played) KEKEKE. And in those really strange moments, as pikachu from the pokemon series. PIKA PIKA.
2005-08-13, 6:51 AM #23
Nightmare? Necrid?

I beat some *** with Ivy.
D E A T H
2005-08-13, 7:06 AM #24
Not enough options. It really depends on my mood when choosing a skin / character. In JA I would *always* use the leela model, but in WoW I play a female Tauren. I just like to play female characters, nothing wrong about that, is there?

(Note I play male too. Me and my friend use Romulus and Remus in UT2k4, and plain katarn in JK)

And I'm with Yoshi, Ivy ****ing owns.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-08-13, 7:06 AM #25
Shouldn't that be Remus?
2005-08-13, 7:07 AM #26
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I beat some *** with Ivy.[/QUOTE]

She's pretty easy for me to counter for the most part, though..

Unless you're the type that switches stance every 2 seconds.. then she becomes a pain in my ***.
2005-08-13, 7:26 AM #27
Originally posted by Rob:
Shouldn't that be Remus?

SSHHH!
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-08-13, 7:45 AM #28
I played Dungeon Siege as a girl because all the advertisements showed the main character as female.
2005-08-13, 7:50 AM #29
it depends on the game, because in some games, the girl character is faster and more acrobatic, (ETM for example) and in some games you don't get a choice, it doesn't phase me as to what sex the character is, i look for their vitals and physical limits
I <3 Massassi
2005-08-13, 7:55 AM #30
Originally posted by Rob:
She's pretty easy for me to counter for the most part, though..

Unless you're the type that switches stance every 2 seconds.. then she becomes a pain in my ***.

:)
D E A T H
2005-08-13, 7:58 AM #31
It depends on what differences in gameplay there are and what model looks better. I do, though, generally tend to stick with female characters.
2005-08-13, 8:23 AM #32
I always play a eunich.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-08-13, 8:25 AM #33
Generally, I play as a geezer. But if there are any content differences, I'll replay the game as a geezerette.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-08-13, 8:26 AM #34
I play as a guy, always, unless it's unavoidable (see Mysteries of the Sith)
Stuff
2005-08-13, 9:08 AM #35
I tend to avoid playing as a female if the females are depicted in an oversexualised way - mountainous mammaries, breasts mostly excluded from the protection of a breastplate, bare thighs poking out, etc.
I'm just a little boy.
2005-08-13, 10:16 AM #36
Originally posted by kyle90:
I play as a guy, always, unless it's unavoidable (see Mysteries of the Sith)

Also, the main character from Oni (which, btw, is one kickass game.)
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-08-13, 10:42 AM #37
Nightmare? Necrid?

Seung Mina!!

She's the best piece of virtual booty this side of Lara.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-08-13, 10:48 AM #38
Originally posted by Avenger:
I usually play as a male character, especially if I can make it look like me. If the sex of the character chages some of the game a little bit, like KotOR, I'll do that to see what's different.

Same as Avengers. Man, we agree on a lot of stuff..

(BTW: Talim wins. And games that have classes assigned to race/gender, such as BG: Dark Alliance II)
2005-08-13, 10:51 AM #39
Originally posted by Spork:
Seung Mina!!

She's the best piece of virtual booty this side of Lara.

She actually IS pretty good. Long reach like Ivy, but more powerful strikes. In my opinion.

Necrid Rulez!!!
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-08-13, 10:53 AM #40
It's a man, baby!

↑ Up to the top!