Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → "I'm divorcing you."
"I'm divorcing you."
2005-08-16, 3:47 PM #1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050816/ap_on_re_us/peace_mom_divorce

The husband of the crazy protest lady is filing for divorce.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-08-16, 3:58 PM #2
Can't blame him. She's attention hungry.
2005-08-16, 4:07 PM #3
Man, the one time someone from my town becomes popular, and it has to be because she's a moron.
Completely Overrated Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/pages/Comple...59732330769611
A community dedicated to discussing all things entertainment.
2005-08-16, 4:13 PM #4
:(
Attachment: 6802/capt.txlm10508151923.bush_peace_mom_txlm105.jpg (65,109 bytes)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-08-16, 4:25 PM #5

i think something went *snap* in this woman's brain when her son died... so i think she should be euthanized, and the husband given counseling.

Basically meaning she is now a mindless retard.
This is not the sig you are looking for. Move along.
2005-08-16, 4:32 PM #6
:rolleyes:
2005-08-16, 4:52 PM #7
when one of your sons die in war then you can comment.

on the other hand, her son signed up to be put in harms way when his nation called upon him to do so. whether they agree with the war or not is not his or her decision.
2005-08-16, 4:56 PM #8
I don't think it's really something she has any right to protest. Her son signed up KNOWING THE RISKS. It's not like he was taken at 12 to fight the war in Iraq. It's a horrible way to look at it, but that's how I see it.
D E A T H
2005-08-16, 5:05 PM #9
i agree. when you sign the dotted line you are saying you will kill someone with your bare hands when asked to. you may have to line someone up, a real person, in your rifle sight, and shoot them in the head. or you may be killed by a rusty bayonet, roadside bomb, snipers rifle, rpg, etc., etc., in a far away land surrounded by other guys being killed with no family at your side to comfort you. you know the risks. it's not like a timeshare scam where you can call the sales guy and say, 'hey you didn't tell me about this part.'

on the other hand, i assumed from what little press i've paid attention to on this, she was asking bush to send his daughters to take her son's place if he believes in this war.
2005-08-16, 5:12 PM #10
Oath of Enlistment

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States[/i] and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

Oath of Office

"I, _____ (SSAN), having been appointed an officer in the Army of the United States, as indicated above in the grade of _____ do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservations or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office upon which I am about to enter; So help me God."
2005-08-16, 5:25 PM #11
They apparently separated due to the stress of the loss of their son, and I can't imagine that her publication of her son's death has made it any easier.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-16, 5:27 PM #12
Man, I just posted a link to this article in the other thread about the guy firing off his gun :(
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-08-16, 5:34 PM #13
This woman really fails to understand what a volunteer army is. That's all there is to this particular scenario.
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-08-16, 5:36 PM #14
She's asking what CAUSE her son died for, that's not the same thing.
2005-08-16, 5:51 PM #15
Originally posted by Thrawn42689:
She's asking what CAUSE her son died for, that's not the same thing.
A paycheque and free college? It's not just a volunteer army, it's a job.
2005-08-16, 6:15 PM #16
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I don't think it's really something she has any right to protest. Her son signed up KNOWING THE RISKS. It's not like he was taken at 12 to fight the war in Iraq. It's a horrible way to look at it, but that's how I see it.[/QUOTE]

She has the right to protest whatever she wants.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-16, 6:19 PM #17
I don't think DJ means she should not have the right. I think he means that she is in a position that she can't place the blame on someone else.

*shrug*
2005-08-16, 6:20 PM #18
Sometimes Free speech can make you look stupid. People rarely realize that.
2005-08-16, 6:23 PM #19
Originally posted by Echoman:
I don't think DJ means she should not have the right. I think he means that she is in a position that she can't place the blame on someone else.

*shrug*

That is very true. Her son was, after all, an adult, when he decided to join the military, and he wasn't forced to do so.
Pissed Off?
2005-08-16, 6:27 PM #20
avenger does not have >19,000 posts! holy crap!
2005-08-16, 6:34 PM #21
Originally posted by Echoman:

*shrug*

Exactly. Sorry for the mixup.
D E A T H
2005-08-16, 7:27 PM #22
I agree. She has no right to tell Bush to send his daughters when it's a volunteer force. If there was a draft in place and Bush's daughters were bypassed and that woman's son was chosen, then it'd barely make a difference.

Whether you agree with the politics, it is a conflict zone. People are going to die.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-08-16, 7:31 PM #23
Originally posted by Schming:
If there was a draft in place and Bush's daughters were bypassed and that woman's son was chosen, then it'd barely make a difference.

Considering women aren't drafted, I'd say there's a high likelihood of that happening in the (however unlikely) case of a draft. :p
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-08-17, 12:26 PM #24
I don't understand why it makes so little sense to anyone here.

She understands its a volunteer military force, but I think the point of her protest is to say that this war in Iraq is meaningless, not war in general. If her son died on the beaches of Normandy or in a war that could be justified by the masses as 'neccessary' or 'noble' then she would acknowledge the purpose of his death. However, to her (and many other Americans), the war in Iraq has no meaning. There is no reasonable purpose for Iraqi civilians to be dying or our American troops. That is what she's trying to protest.

I'm not expressing my own opinion, but you guys just aren't getting the point of what she's trying to do. Personally I think that if she actually talked to President Bush she'd hear the same bull**** that he says every year during the State of the Union or CNN or whatever.

In terms of Bush's daughters not going to war, people forget that in previous wars politicians did send their children to war, notibly FDR. Meanwhile our president evaded his own military duty...
former entrepreneur
2005-08-17, 12:32 PM #25
His daughters can't be put on the lines. Besides, Bush would be incredibly stupid (or more stupid for some) to send his daughters there. The minute the insurgents knew just who those two's father is, they would be hunted down so much. We'd see on the news EVERY DAY "Jenna Bush captured by Iraqi insurgents, demands White House to withdrawl from Iraq and release Hussein" Or something like that.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-08-17, 12:56 PM #26
I for one applaud this woman for exercising her Constitutional rights in way that makes Bush uncomfortable.

On a political note, the longer Bush "hides" out in his ranch and avoids this woman, the weaker he looks and the closer he comes to lameduckness.
2005-08-17, 1:02 PM #27
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
Lame woman, lame war, lame president.

Lame country? :]

Lame flaimbait?
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-08-17, 1:08 PM #28
Originally posted by Warlord:
On a political note, the longer Bush "hides" out in his ranch and avoids this woman, the weaker he looks and the closer he comes to lameduckness.

Not only that, he is also ensuring a Democrat victory in 2008. He's going to have to confront her someway. Total withdrawl from Iraq is absurd. The country will decline in chaos. Which, to me, is exactly what the Left wants. They want a second Vietnam.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-08-17, 1:13 PM #29
Honestly, unless things seriously improve, or the Dem candidate is Hillary, I don't see how the Republicans can win in 2008. Bush's approval is down below 40%, approval for his handling of the war is below 40%, and people are generally displeased with him (excluding the religious right and other various fundies, but they're insane anyway.)

I've heard rumors of a Biden / McCaine cross-party ticket in '08, which would be fantastic.
2005-08-17, 1:14 PM #30
Originally posted by Tenshu:
Lame flaimbait?

Lame education system. :(
2005-08-17, 1:15 PM #31
Do you think she'll protest the divorce?
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-08-17, 2:09 PM #32
Lame woman, lame war, lame president.

Lame country? :]
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-08-17, 2:34 PM #33
You should have to take an IQ test before you're given your rights as an American.

That'd solve the problem of this woman, because someone could just arrest her and throw her in prison until she realizes that being an american soldeir is fighting for what your country's president believes is a good reason to die. Not only did he sign up for it, he signed up reguardless of what his political reasoning is.

But if you had to take an IQ test to gain constitutional right, suddenly the above wouldn't be a problem because bush wouldn't be our president. It seems Democracy assumes that the people know what's best for themselves. A certain level of education requirement as well as sanity would ensure me that people putting a vote into the ballad aren't complete morons.

Or like the person on this forum who flipped a freaking coin.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-17, 2:39 PM #34
of course, because only "smart" people deserve rights :rolleyes:

Quote:
putting a vote into the ballad aren't complete morons.

oh delicious irony. at least you wouldn't be voting "into the ballad" under this system of yours.

the whole reason this woman is protesting is because she is convinced, like many other americans, that bush LIED about the reasons for going to war. what exactly is so "stupid" or "moronic" about protesting a war that your son died in? has anyone here lost a loved one in iraq?
2005-08-17, 2:48 PM #35
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
Sometimes Free speech can make you look stupid. People rarely realize that.

Whether or not something is stupid is completly subjective, making that totally wrong.

I'm assume you are referring to this lady (and even if you aren't, it works all the time) when you say that, but I am sure there alot of people out there who completly agree with what she is saying. So who's to say she is stupid, or wrong, for that matter?

Personally I don't agree with her. Besides, the parent of a child doesn't send their child to war, so asking Bush to send his daughters is silly. If anything, she needs to ask them, because their the ones that would need to sign up, and if they don't want too, theirs nothing Bush can do about it.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-08-17, 2:54 PM #36
I think it was implied that I meant "Box"
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-08-17, 2:55 PM #37
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:
You should have to take an IQ test before you're given your rights as an American.

That'd solve the problem of this woman, because someone could just arrest her and throw her in prison until she realizes that being an american soldeir is fighting for what your country's president believes is a good reason to die. Not only did he sign up for it, he signed up reguardless of what his political reasoning is.

But if you had to take an IQ test to gain constitutional right, suddenly the above wouldn't be a problem because bush wouldn't be our president. It seems Democracy assumes that the people know what's best for themselves. A certain level of education requirement as well as sanity would ensure me that people putting a vote into the ballad aren't complete morons.

JediKirby

That would take away what is really great this country! Even people with low IQs are allowed to have their say, vote, and make decisions.

Most people find this to be a bad thing, but I think it's beautiful.

And no I am not being sarcastic. The minute we block out a certin group of people (even the loonies!) from their natural-born rights, we have officially lost the meaning of what this country is.
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2005-08-17, 2:57 PM #38
You people act as though Bush refuses to meet with her. He has met with her before, along with a number of other people. He's not "hiding out" - this is a vacation he's been planning for a long time to take. She's free to protest, but Bush is by no means bound by law to meet with her. He already has, and I sincerely doubt that that a second meeting would be anything remotely productive.
2005-08-17, 3:08 PM #39
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY:

JediKirby

lol bush r dumb am i rite?

But yeah, they tried something similar to what you desire. The voting tests and what not that were a part of the "Jim Crowe" era. Well all know how that ended up.
2005-08-17, 3:29 PM #40
The article says that they separated because of the son's death. Now, if lost a child to war, would you want to lose another close person from your life? I wouldn't think so. Seems that he can't stand her crazy quest.

Bush needs to confront her. Show some backbone. Don't play politics.

↑ Up to the top!