Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I'm interested in getting a new MMO...
I'm interested in getting a new MMO...
2005-08-18, 2:38 PM #41
Originally posted by Bill:
That's quite constructive, not to mention well thought out.

I'm glad we finally realize the truth. "SWG sucks." Why? Anovis says so! That's really a relief to know the truth. It's so weird that I enjoy this sucky game that gets boring after a few days, because, who knows, it could be because I played it for more than a few days because anyone with a two ounces of brains would know that there is more to any mmo than you can find in a few days, not to mention that whole adding content with each publish thing. Of course it would never occur to anyone that the game has changed. You know, you didn't like it when you played it, but look at it this way, my monthly fee went to good use because they've seriously revamped the entire game and it's a ton better than it used to be. But hey, maybe it's just me.

I've played since launch. I found the game, like your opinion, boring, lacking, and buggy.

I got to master TKA/Brawler/Pike and just quit...because it has lack of content, everyone is a Jedai (which doesn't correspond with the storyline well), the devs are working to improve the whining Jedai's complaints rather than fixing/adding content to the game (Paticulary found in the SWG Forums), the game is hella buggy (I cannot last 20 minutes without finding a bug uninentionally as of last month when I finally decided to quit...again), and because everyone's a profession-grinding Jedai, the community is generally rude compared to when it first went live.
2005-08-18, 2:41 PM #42
Awesome. My opinion is boring, lacking and buggy! I can't wait to tell my friends!

Look, man, it looks to me like you're one of those my glass is half empty type dudes who got all pissed when they released CU and decided to call it a day. I don't hear people whining in WoW about how "everyone is a 60" sort of like how "everyone is jedi." Mainly because everyone isn't.

Chill.
>>untie shoes
2005-08-18, 2:43 PM #43
Originally posted by Freelancer:
Anyone who says SWG sucks based on when they played it 1 year ago.. don't know WTF they're talking about. MMOs change.

Wow. Genius. I've been playing up til a few months ago since launch, and I can conclude in my opinion, that it sucks.

Originally posted by Bill:
Awesome. My opinion is boring, lacking and buggy! I can't wait to tell my friends!

Look, man, it looks to me like you're one of those my glass is half empty type dudes who got all pissed when they released CU and decided to call it a day. I don't hear people whining in WoW about how "everyone is a 60" sort of like how "everyone is jedi." Mainly because everyone isn't.

Chill.

Once again, you're assumeing. First off, I am not at all upset with the CU. On the contrary, I actually like it a lot. But they don't fix current bugs or improve the CU . All they do is give Jedai more content.

The glass is not half empty, my friend. It is simply not filled to it's intended capacity.
2005-08-18, 2:50 PM #44
AUTO ASSAULT...

Since no one saw it, because there are a few buttholes over here having some lame *** argument.

http://www.autoassault.com/index.html

Whats not to like about auto combat + mass destruction x havok2?

It all adds upto utter pwnage.
2005-08-18, 2:51 PM #45
The *Features* section talks about system requirements...heh.

A few questions Rob: All you do is drive around in cars blowing up other stuff? Like a Twisted Metal MMO?

How much does it cost...and the monthly fee?
2005-08-18, 3:31 PM #46
Dude.. so it's like a Carmageddom MMO?! DUUUUUUUDE! Why didn't someone think of this earlier! That's like the awesomest concept ever....
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-08-18, 8:27 PM #47
Eactly.

The only thing I don't like is not being able to get out of your vehicle when you're in a safe area, and not being allowed to drive in "safe towns."

MMO's these days lack chaos. Too much order is what makes these things suck to me. Everything feels like a tight muscle, which is something I can't appreciate.

There are ways they could have dealt with some butthole driving through an ally town and running everyone down.
2005-08-18, 9:12 PM #48
This sexual tension is killing me. Yoshi and Freelancer really need to get a room.

Anyway, I say WoW. I think I'm about to quit it, but I've been playing it since the second day it came out so I think I've had a good run. However, if you are into PvP, research the servers before joining. I'm on Scarlet Crusade and I hate being on Alliance over there. Pick up groups for battlegrounds are incompetent as hell and no matter how much I or anyone else tries to bring some sembelence of order to them, it always falls apart and Horde trounces us.

I've been trying to make the game more exciting to me by rolling horde, but I can't decide whither I want to be a Mage or Shaman. >.<
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-08-18, 9:23 PM #49
[QUOTE=Kieran Horn]This sexual tension is killing me. Yoshi and Freelancer really need to get a room.

Anyway, I say WoW. I think I'm about to quit it, but I've been playing it since the second day it came out so I think I've had a good run. However, if you are into PvP, research the servers before joining. I'm on Scarlet Crusade and I hate being on Alliance over there. Pick up groups for battlegrounds are incompetent as hell and no matter how much I or anyone else tries to bring some sembelence of order to them, it always falls apart and Horde trounces us.

I've been trying to make the game more exciting to me by rolling horde, but I can't decide whither I want to be a Mage or Shaman. >.<[/QUOTE]

Trust me, I have sexual tension, but I think that has more to do with being 17 and raging hormones than anything. :p
D E A T H
2005-08-18, 9:30 PM #50
Oh come on Yoshi. Just admit it. You want Freelancer. The truth shall set you free!

:D
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-08-18, 9:52 PM #51
Yeah, the PvP aspect of WoW is a bit of a mess. They really need to refine it a bit more before I'll really engage in it. My main is a level 60 paladin on a PvE server so you won't see me doing hardcore pvping anytime soon.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-08-19, 4:52 AM #52
[QUOTE=Kieran Horn]Oh come on Yoshi. Just admit it. You want Freelancer. The truth shall set you free!

:D[/QUOTE]

:p
D E A T H
2005-08-19, 11:14 AM #53
My god I want freelancer now. Yoshi can back up.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!