Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → There is NO WAY this just happened.
There is NO WAY this just happened.
2005-09-24, 5:38 AM #41
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
It's called light, and the electronic ones go out with the power. And the shouts of other people when the things they're in the middle of stop because power goes out.

WHAT IF ITS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND NO ONE BUT YOU ARE AWAKE, AND YOU HAVE THE LIGHTS OFF
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-09-24, 8:02 AM #42
How can a COIN flip a switch on one of those things?! I don't understand! Tell me you Americans who deal with American switches! Do you have lego switches on those?
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-09-24, 12:01 PM #43
Originally posted by Genki:
WHAT IF ITS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND NO ONE BUT YOU ARE AWAKE, AND YOU HAVE THE LIGHTS OFF

IF A LIGHT GOES OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WOODS WOULD ANYONE BE AROUND TO HEAR IT?
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-09-24, 12:05 PM #44
Originally posted by Krokodile:
How can a COIN flip a switch on one of those things?! I don't understand! Tell me you Americans who deal with American switches! Do you have lego switches on those?

I was thinking the same thing. A coin wouldn't be able to flip a switch on one of those ulness it was dropped from the top of the empire state building or something.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-09-24, 1:38 PM #45
Originally posted by kyle90:
Aha! In true Mythbusters fashion, I dropped a bunch of quarters on a power strip from about a meter; and one of them managed to depress the switch enough to make the little "reset" thingy pop out, which means it would have turned off.

Now I have to go clean up all those quarters.

Originally posted by Jedigreedo:
Big thing you should be considering: not all power strips have the same amount of resistance on the power button.

Originally posted by Dash_rendar:
Well, for those tests to be accurate, you would have to use my model of power strip. And this power button just happens to be EXTREMELY sensitive, it is NOT the typical power strip "button"

;)
Moo.
2005-09-24, 10:59 PM #46
Thrawn peanut
2005-09-29, 3:31 PM #47
Props to PKM at the .map Mapping For Medal of Honor forums for this one:

[http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/6397/quater15xy.gif]

A waterbong was appearantly the best available method to cover my red arrow :p
2005-09-29, 7:38 PM #48
oooh, Grismath thinks it's a nice day for the arcade...
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-09-29, 9:31 PM #49
So that's how that one guy lost the amazing new work he was making. SF_GoldieLuck or whatever.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-09-30, 2:42 AM #50
Bad luck and extreme misfortune will infest your pathetic soul for all eternity.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2005-09-30, 6:03 AM #51
what an unfortunate series of events
I <3 Massassi
2005-09-30, 7:22 AM #52
Quote:
Yeah, what are the chances of that happening?

Obviously, the odds were high enough. But the real question is, what are the odds it will happen again? C'mon place ya bets!
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-09-30, 9:12 AM #53
I wager $0.00.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!