Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Is it so wrong to have this pet peeve...
Is it so wrong to have this pet peeve...
2005-09-29, 1:27 AM #41
Only problem being every man and his dog seem to have their own version of leet. Which is just confusing. I mean, how would a dog type that crap anyway?
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-09-29, 5:14 AM #42
Isn't the whole point of leet to be unreadable? Making it standardized kind of defeats that purpose. :p

(Man, I just completely gave up on Free's most recent ones.)
Ban Jin!
Nobody really needs work when you have awesome. - xhuxus
2005-09-29, 8:31 AM #43
It's annoying and unprofessional. And written in proper English means tht you're unlikely to get any misunderstandings thn if u tlkd lik ths.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-09-29, 10:15 AM #44
i couldnt care less how somebody types, its only the internet
2005-09-29, 8:10 PM #45
Quote:
Isn't the whole point of leet to be unreadable? Making it standardized kind of defeats that purpose.
No, the whole point of l34t is to be relatively readable by people, but unreadable by scanner programs designed to recognize words and patterns suggesting illegal activity.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2005-09-30, 10:51 AM #46
The thing you aren't realizing, is the fact that it's not always done for speed or laziness.

I do that sometimes (type U instead of you in posts) but I don't mean to.. it's just that I type in chats FAR MORE than I post on the forums, so it just becomes habbit. I'm not doing it to be cool, or to save time, or to type faster... I am just use to doing it in chats to save time, and it carries over.. most of the time, I don't even realize I am doing it.
||||||||||||||||||||
2005-09-30, 1:26 PM #47
Is there a translation program somewhere for what Freelancer is typing, I can read most of the words in everybody elses messages, but freelancers is like nicchuukantougou compared to English.
2005-09-30, 2:00 PM #48
Originally posted by SavageX378:
Anyone else find it annoying when people use AOLamer speak when they are typing an email or forum post?

I personally can't stand it when people do that.

lol ur funy

2005-09-30, 11:21 PM #49
Originally posted by Berlick:
Is there a translation program somewhere for what Freelancer is typing, I can read most of the words in everybody elses messages, but freelancers is like nicchuukantougou compared to English.

I used this. This thread was a good excuse to dust it off again. :D
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-09-30, 11:30 PM #50
I don't care what the reason is, there's no reason to type like a kindergartner.

1337 sp34k will be tolerated so long as it's funny.
DuraCleave™
- SM Nesseight | Chris (XFire profile)
- Sith Mercenaries
2005-09-30, 11:55 PM #51
Originally posted by Nesseight:
I don't care what the reason is, there's no reason to type like a kindergartner.

1337 sp34k will be tolerated so long as it's funny.

I agree, it is stupid, when I notice that I do it, i go back and change it.. it's just that I am so use to doing it, I don't catch myself 100% of the time.
||||||||||||||||||||
2005-10-01, 1:02 AM #52
http://www.snopes.com/language/apocryph/cambridge.asp

Thought I'd post this here since I found it kind of interesting and it's kind of on topic.
Kind of.
2005-10-01, 1:51 AM #53
yaeh, but it plrbbaoy olny wkros for wrdos taht are eaiioaerdnrlrtxy sohrt. See waht I maen?
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-01, 2:07 AM #54
Originally posted by Freelancer:
yaeh, but it plrbbaoy olny wkros for wrdos taht are eaiioaerdnrlrtxy sohrt. See waht I maen?

No, I read that sentance perfectly =]
2005-10-01, 9:20 AM #55
yeah, same here.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-01, 9:39 AM #56
eh... I actually read a few words at a time. That's what makes people fast readers. Really fast readers will read sentences or paragraphs at a time (or in extreme cases, whole pages).
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.

↑ Up to the top!