Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My recent purchase
My recent purchase
2005-09-29, 10:11 PM #41
Originally posted by Roach:
Technically it's not his until he's 18. The owner (a parent I'm assuming) should keep it in a safe to prevent such an activity.

Should != will. :p
2005-09-30, 7:23 AM #42
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]i dont see the point in heavy discussions about guns until you kill a man.

i mean, lawnmowers dont get attention like that till you kill someone with them.[/QUOTE]

Soooooo...... Who want's to talk about guns?
It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it. - Robert E. Lee
2005-09-30, 7:29 AM #43
I want to hold a British Sten. Ugliest gun in the world?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-09-30, 7:32 AM #44
I'm pretty sure the Australians came up with a uglyer one. Let me try and find a pic.
It is well that war is so terrible - otherwise we would grow too fond of it. - Robert E. Lee
2005-09-30, 7:33 AM #45
Originally posted by Echoman:
I want to hold a British Sten. Ugliest gun in the world?

not even close
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-09-30, 10:43 AM #46
i've shot M-16's. and that gun will own you.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-09-30, 12:47 PM #47
M16's Little brother. Perfect in every way.
Attachment: 7515/arms2.jpg (76,509 bytes)
2005-09-30, 3:40 PM #48
Originally posted by Spork:
Garands are cooler than the Mosin Nagant :p

SKS's with folding stocks and banana clips are cooler than the Garand.
2005-09-30, 3:46 PM #49
Originally posted by JorBo:
M16's Little brother. Perfect in every way.

Quick question, are M-16s able to have a grenade launcher attachment (or am I thinking of other guns)?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-09-30, 3:49 PM #50
I just bought a UTG MP5 last night. Should be here middle of next week :)
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-09-30, 3:50 PM #51
Quick question, are M-16s able to have a grenade launcher attachment (or am I thinking of other guns)?

Of course they do.
2005-09-30, 3:53 PM #52

Yes, ever hear of or seen the M203? That's an M16A2 it's attached to.

And JorBo, while I do like the modability and compact nature of the M4, I really don't like the fact that it's more prone to malfunctioning than the M16A2. And this info. about the malfunction problem comes from alot of armorers.
2005-09-30, 4:25 PM #53
My last purchase: iAudio 30GB X5L.
Attachment: 7516/55-603-827-10.jpg (16,150 bytes)
2005-09-30, 4:29 PM #54
Originally posted by SiliconC:
My last purchase: iAudio 30GB X5L.

Nice choice. iAudio rocks hard.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-10-01, 9:09 AM #55
Congratulations on purchasing a piece of antiquated, conscript issue, Soviet hardware.

I own an M91/30, minus the cleaning rod and bayonet. It was issued in 1941 and came from the Izvesk Arsenal(If memory serves correct.) It has been fired countless times and isn't really that accurate. It is definitely reliable and the Nagant only bolt action weapon that didn't copy the Mauser. By biggest issue with it is that the bolt seems to be hard to open again after firing a shot. Maybe it's just been used way too much. I don't think the barrel has any rifling left.

I also happen to own a British Lee Enfield .303(Good Rifle, with a ten round magazine) and an M1 Garand(Springfield Armory). Both are pretty accurate(Especially the M1)

I have more, but those are the most noteworthy.

Quote:
SKS's with folding stocks and banana clips are cooler than the Garand.

Any SKS with a 30rd banana clip is a POS. It works alot better with the standard 10rd fixed magazine and stripper clips. I should know, I have both.

BTW, whats the latest on the XM8/M8?
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.
2005-10-01, 7:29 PM #56
Originally posted by Mister_Sinister:
Yes, ever hear of or seen the M203? That's an M16A2 it's attached to.

And JorBo, while I do like the modability and compact nature of the M4, I really don't like the fact that it's more prone to malfunctioning than the M16A2. And this info. about the malfunction problem comes from alot of armorers.

All I can say is I've never had problems with mine that couldn't be fixed in a few seconds or prevented altogeather with proper care.

They're still working on the XM8. They've given it to a few units to test out.
2005-10-02, 9:06 AM #57
From what I hear, the XM8 is practically sold as it is. It's cheaper and lighter than an M4/M16 and as reliable as a G36(Go HK!). It's hard to believe that it wouldn't be accepted...

Just found:
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as61-e.htm

Quote:
XM8 status update (September 2005): Following several complains about non-competitive procurement of the XM8 system from Heckler-Koch USA, US Army first opened the bidding for contract to other companies, and then, in the July 2005, suddenly suspended the entire OICW Increment 1 program to re-think the entire set of requirements for the possible replacement of current M16 rifles and M4 carbines. These requirements will be re-viewed as Joint Services effort. At the present time, it seems that development of HK XM8 is suspended; it may be resumed if XM8 suit the new US Joint Service Requirements for a new assault rifle system; or, it may not. We will watch this process closely and update this article when new information will be available.

So, if it is resumed for the "Joint Service Requirements", we can expect to see it issued to all branches, right?
<Rob> This is internet.
<Rob> Nothing costs money if I don't want it to.

↑ Up to the top!