Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Peter Jackson + Halo = ?
Peter Jackson + Halo = ?
2005-10-04, 11:16 AM #1
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051004/film_nm/media_microsoft_halo_dc;_ylt=AsJemz9uEN527ckW8fzcPcAwFxkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Looks like Microsoft and the film studios are trying to do this right. Certainly raises my interest in the movie.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-04, 12:02 PM #2
same... at least they didn't let uwe boll make it
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-10-04, 12:14 PM #3
Those nasty gruntses
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-10-04, 12:24 PM #4
Halo will suck and already does, Uwe Boll or not.

lolarexpress
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-04, 1:05 PM #5
Well, with the director and cast still unnamed, it's too early to say anything.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-10-04, 1:13 PM #6
Originally posted by FastGamerr:

lolarexpress

Truth.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-04, 1:18 PM #7
Originally posted by FastGamerr:

lolarexpress

Way to open the gates to a flamewar.

Really, do people have to say that Halo sucks every time someone mentions the name? Be quiet about your opinion and let's all stay happy with our own opinions.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 1:19 PM #8
I'm not getting excited over anything related to Halo. I'm sorry, it's just not a good game.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-10-04, 1:27 PM #9
mmm Halo, I guess they'll be reusing the sets 3 times?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-10-04, 1:35 PM #10
Originally posted by Zell:
Way to open the gates to a flamewar.

Really, do people have to say that Halo sucks every time someone mentions the name?

And does someone HAVE to tell everyone to keep their opinion to themselves, thus intensifying the blaze?

STFU.
2005-10-04, 1:36 PM #11
Originally posted by Genki:

Awesome
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-10-04, 1:53 PM #12
Originally posted by Rob:
And does someone HAVE to tell everyone to keep their opinion to themselves, thus intensifying the blaze?

STFU.

'Fraid so, or else people would keep spouting thier opinion all over the place and disagreeing with each other, making it even worse.

Unless no one listens to the person telling them to keep it to themselves... :(
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 2:01 PM #13
Originally posted by Genki:

Count it even more probable since some LOTR sets were also used many times...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-10-04, 2:32 PM #14
i first thought/read "dainel Jackson" when i read this thread title, and i kept thinking.. how is that gonna work?
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-10-04, 2:36 PM #15
'Fraid so, or else people would keep spouting thier opinion all over the place and disagreeing with each other, making it even worse.

Unless no one listens to the person telling them to keep it to themselves... :(

No, no one does. Go away, seriously. We don't need someone telling us to NOT voice our opinions.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 2:45 PM #16
HEY IM FAT
2005-10-04, 2:48 PM #17
Originally posted by money•bie:
HEY IM FAT

GO AWAY FATTY NOBODY LOVES YOU
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 2:52 PM #18
GO EAT AND COMPLAIN, OR WHATEVER IT IS THAT YOU FATTIES DO TO MAKE MY LIFE SO GOD DAMN HORRIBLE.

Freaking fatties... :(
2005-10-04, 2:55 PM #19
ROFL
2005-10-04, 3:00 PM #20
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi] We don't need someone telling us to NOT voice our opinions.[/QUOTE]

But that's an opinion.
2005-10-04, 3:01 PM #21
Originally posted by Elana14:
i first thought/read "dainel Jackson" when i read this thread title, and i kept thinking.. how is that gonna work?

At least it wasn't Daniel Jackson, that would've been weird.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-10-04, 3:03 PM #22
Hehe... Master cheif going up to the Armada and trying to talk out their differences :)
2005-10-04, 3:07 PM #23
lord of the giant ring?
"The only crime I'm guilty of is love [of china]"
- Ruthven
me clan me mod
2005-10-04, 3:17 PM #24
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]No, no one does. Go away, seriously. We don't need someone telling us to NOT voice our opinions.[/QUOTE]

Damn, fine. Sorry for trying to prevent people from having a flamewar, it seems like that just makes people even angrier. Understanding of people on the internet: -1. [http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif]
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 3:21 PM #25
Damn, fine. Sorry for trying to prevent people from having a flamewar, it seems like that just makes people even angrier. Understanding of people on the internet: -1. [http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/images/icons/icon7.gif]

Oh yeah, sorry, we don't understand you trying to say "Shut up and don't express your opinion." Last time I got told that was when I was five. Christ.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 3:25 PM #26
If they turn Final Fantasy into a ****ty movie...

And turn Doom into a ****ty movie...

Imagine what the Halo movie will be like.

*dies*
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-04, 3:26 PM #27

That's okay, you make more sense than them anyway.
2005-10-04, 3:27 PM #28
Originally posted by FancyMan:
If they turn Final Fantasy into a ****ty movie...

And turn Doom into a ****ty movie...

Imagine what the Halo movie will be like.

*dies*

Final Fantasy was made into a mediocre and a great movie. Get it right. And you haven't even SEEN the Doom movie.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 3:29 PM #29
If I was referencing Advent Children, I would have included the "VII". :P

EDIT: And how do you know I haven't seen the Doom movie?
OH CRAP THE MPAA IS COMING!! GET DOWN!!
SpamBlogger
- jak thomsun

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-04, 3:32 PM #30
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Oh yeah, sorry, we don't understand you trying to say "Shut up and don't express your opinion." Last time I got told that was when I was five. Christ.[/QUOTE]

Hey. Shut it. Now. I'm sick of your attitude. If you want to keep this up, PM me. Let's not ruin this perfectly good thread.

I also can't wait for this movie, if it's true.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 3:33 PM #31
Hey. Shut it. Now. I'm sick of your attitude. If you want to keep this up, PM me. Let's not ruin this perfectly good thread.

I also can't wait for this movie, if it's true.

Haha, god you're such a freaking tool. Continue on, I'm not gonna stop just because you tell me to.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 3:36 PM #32
You people need to grow up. State your opinion and GTFO; don't flame other people for their opposing views. If you do that, you end up with a presidential debate.
ROFFLES
SpamBlogger
- jak thomsun

2005-10-04, 3:39 PM #33
See, I was trying to prevent all this, but I was yelled at for telling people that it would be wise to keep one's opinion to oneself on the topic of Halo...

...never mind. I give up. :gbk:
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 3:51 PM #34
Zell wins
2005-10-04, 3:52 PM #35
1.) As one of the prerequisites for accepting the license, the studio had to fork over much more money up front than the normal movie deal.

2.) One of the stipulations of the contract is that the original developers of Halo retain creative control and veto over the film, including script writing.

3.) Peter Jackson is, among other things, the master of visual continuity so it's guaranteed that he'll both play through all of the Halo games 20 times, read all of the novels 20 times, and institute a Spartan program of his own and construct actual Mjolnir Mark V armor to make it more authentic.
2005-10-04, 3:54 PM #36
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']Zell wins

Yes, trying to tell people to not voice their opinion wins. Maybe in commieland.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 3:56 PM #37
Zell wins again
2005-10-04, 3:58 PM #38
Originally posted by Jon`C:
...and institute a Spartan program of his own and construct actual Mjolnir Mark V armor to make it more authentic.

Greatest Idea EVER
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-10-04, 4:33 PM #39
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Final Fantasy was made into a mediocre and a great movie. Get it right.[/QUOTE]

And you can stop trying to shove your damn opinion down everyone's throat.
2005-10-04, 4:37 PM #40
[QUOTE=IRG SithLord]And you can stop trying to shove your damn opinion down everyone's throat.[/QUOTE]

Hey guess what, that was a joke. Nice try, though, because I'm not shoving my opinion down anyone's throat.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!