Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Peter Jackson + Halo = ?
Peter Jackson + Halo = ?
2005-10-04, 4:37 PM #41
Originally posted by Zell:
Way to open the gates to a flamewar.

Really, do people have to say that Halo sucks every time someone mentions the name? Be quiet about your opinion and let's all stay happy with our own opinions.

That right there is a contradictory of statements. You tell us to be quiet about our opinions yet you yourself voice yours. Good job, hypocrit.

And Halo 1 sucks. Never played Halo 2. I hated Halo 1 cause you couldn't blow up the vehicles when you shot them.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-10-04, 4:40 PM #42
You all are hopeless.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-04, 4:45 PM #43
There's a difference between people stating their opinions and people being bastards.
In this instance, FGR and Yoshi are being bastards. It's obvious this thread is about Halo, and it's obvious they don't care for Halo, so why the hell are they posting?

One simple reason: to be bastards.

Hooray for logic and reasoning.
2005-10-04, 4:45 PM #44
Originally posted by Avenger:
You all are hopeless.

:o
2005-10-04, 4:49 PM #45
Originally posted by ':
-[ellequin']There's a difference between people stating their opinions and people being bastards.
In this instance, FGR and Yoshi are being bastards. It's obvious this thread is about Halo, and it's obvious they don't care for Halo, so why the hell are they posting?

One simple reason: to be bastards.

Hooray for logic and reasoning.

I play Halo 2 all the time with my friend at his house. I like the game. I'm just telling Zell to shut up about people expressing their opinions (kind of hypocritical, but it had to be said). Flame wars are better than always agreeing with people or not posting. That makes the forums boring and lame. Everyone can agree.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 4:50 PM #46
Shut up Yoshi, you suck! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

<.<
2005-10-04, 4:51 PM #47
Yeesh.
2005-10-04, 4:57 PM #48
Sigh....

Flame wars don't make forums interesting and intriguing, they make them annoying and painful.

Let's all shut up. I'm sorry I even posted in the first place.

[EDIT: BTW, THRAWN[nonumbarz], me telling everyone to keep thier opinions to themselves isn't an opinion... it's a suggestion.]
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 4:58 PM #49
Sigh....

Flame wars don't make forums interesting and intriguing, they make them annoying and painful.

Let's all shut up. I'm sorry I even posted in the first place.

Yeah, because when someone posts "thoughts?" and everyone posts "I agree" or doesn't post at all, that totally makes everything so much more interesting.

Trust me, forums without flamewars suck. I've been a part of one, and I quit going a month later.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 5:00 PM #50
No, DJ, it just makes the forums a nicer place, where everyone doesn't leap at everyone else's throats for saying 'I think...'

I personally hate participating in a flamewar. It makes me feel dirty. So for the last time, let's drop it and talk about the &$@#ing topic at hand.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 5:02 PM #51
No, DJ, it just makes the forums a nicer place, where everyone doesn't leap at everyone else's throats for saying 'I think...'

I personally hate participating in a flamewar. It makes me feel dirty. So for the last time, let's drop it.

You know, you're not helping anymore than I am. And it's like having a discussion in real life. If you think someone's acting like an idiot, and spouting BS you'll call them on it. At least if you have any self-worth whatsoever you will. If you're some non-confrontational ninny then you'll just let him/her continue.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 5:05 PM #52
Or if you're intelligent and know better than to let your mouth get you into trouble.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
2005-10-04, 5:19 PM #53
Originally posted by ':
-[ellequin']Or if you're intelligent and know better than to let your mouth get you into trouble.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Then I'd call you a nonconfrontational ninny, and cease speaking to you for very much longer. I don't hang out with cowards.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 5:23 PM #54
Originally posted by THRAWN:
That right there is a contradictory of statements. You tell us to be quiet about our opinions yet you yourself voice yours. Good job, hypocrit.

And Halo 1 sucks. Never played Halo 2. I hated Halo 1 cause you couldn't blow up the vehicles when you shot them.

yes you can, just not the Warthog because it friggin pwns j00
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-10-04, 5:23 PM #55
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Then I'd call you a nonconfrontational ninny, and cease speaking to you for very much longer. I don't hang out with cowards.[/QUOTE]

You do realize you're much more confrontational, rude and agressive than most of the people on here, right? I mean, I hope you're taking that into consideration before you post. :p
2005-10-04, 5:24 PM #56
You really have no damn clue what the hell youre talking about, Yoshi, and I am not going to bother enlightening you. Suffice it to say, you can't go aorund shouting your opinions all the time. You won't get very far in life.
2005-10-04, 5:25 PM #57
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Then I'd call you a nonconfrontational ninny, and cease speaking to you for very much longer. I don't hang out with cowards.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Words fail me.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 5:26 PM #58
He don't hang out with cowa'ds.

-_-.
2005-10-04, 5:43 PM #59
Man... movie makers really are running out of ideas.
2005-10-04, 6:03 PM #60
Originally posted by ':
-[ellequin']You really have no damn clue what the hell youre talking about, Yoshi, and I am not going to bother enlightening you. Suffice it to say, you can't go aorund shouting your opinions all the time. You won't get very far in life.

There's (small) exceptions. You're not going to do it at work, you're not going to do it to someone looking to cause a fight, or in a formal setting (or at least not rudely in a formal setting). But if it's a casual setting, and you let someone go on with spreading lies and gossip (especially about others) then you're no man at all.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 6:14 PM #61
It must be true, because you said so, and you're the final, definitive authority on manhood. Can you even shave yet?

Anyway, I was never a really huge fan of the Halo series, but I look forward to this movie. Halo (XBox) had a decent enough MP, but I didn't care much for Halo 2.
2005-10-04, 6:15 PM #62
Tone down the testosterone there, DJ. Not telling someone what you think does not make you any more or less of a man.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 6:32 PM #63
What happens if you don't want to be manly?
2005-10-04, 6:54 PM #64
Tone down the testosterone there, DJ. Not telling someone what you think does not make you any more or less of a man.

You see, this is the problem with people taking what I say the wrong way. I never said that. I said, if someone's spreading gossip and/or BS, not correcting them in a casual setting is just as bad as spreading it yourself, and you're no man if you allow it to happen.
D E A T H
2005-10-04, 6:58 PM #65
Less bickering. More Halo.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-04, 7:00 PM #66
What he said.

[http://www.xgpgaming.com/xbox/images/h2_render_elite2.jpg]
Wort wort.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 7:18 PM #67
Originally posted by Echoman:
Less bickering. More Halo.

Less of both would be best.
:D
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-04, 7:22 PM #68
>.< die
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 7:33 PM #69
Opinions and some facts follow.

I liked Halo MP and Halo2 MP to slightly lesser extent. Playing the Halo campaign was fun in co-op mode for a bit, and at certain parts. When you're crossing the bridge into the city, that part rocks because it's very cinematic. Very compelling, a tad awe-inspiring.

If the movie capitalizes on moments like that and the epic nature of the storyline, it should do aiight. I think the Doom movie will suck because it'll be running around blasting demons... I'll enjoy it for that, but I would have loved a genuinely serious movie about the corporate interests behind it and one that truly captured a hell on earth (mars) feel...

I think it'll just be a semi-enjoyable shoot-em-up. I hope the Halo movie is not.
2005-10-04, 7:39 PM #70
Anyone remember that New Mombasa gameplay trailer that was released before Halo 2 came out? It was set in a level that was never in the game itself, just to show off the gameplay. Now that level was cinematic.
DO NOT WANT.
2005-10-04, 7:39 PM #71
I can see it now...

Minions of the Flood gather in large swarms, charging down a corridor of crashed space shuttle at break neck speed. Gandalf, with his staff in one hand and a sword in the other, raises his hands high in the air while blocking the Flood's path and shouts in a booming voice:

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-10-04, 8:24 PM #72
Has the flame war ended?
[http://www.zimmedia.com/images/poster.jpg]

As for the movie, Peter Jackson might be able to do something decent with it. I am still waiting for King Kong and Doom.

Whatever happens, Micro$oft wins again!
2005-10-04, 9:00 PM #73
It's not just Jackson. Weta is onboard too.

http://bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=biggorilla&p=4955829

I love their idea of Kong and Cortana in that picture. XD
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-10-04, 10:14 PM #74
Arguments and debates can be had without flame wars, if you conduct them in a civilized manner. However, no one does, thus the flame wars are annoying as hell.

And yes, of course ]-[ellequin is a coward because he prefers not to respond to statements, perhaps false, on the Massassi Forums. Don't you know that we all strive to post here to prove our manhood? :rolleyes:

But to be more on topic, WETA owns. This movie will probably end up like Doom, except maybe with a better story. Both will probably be fun as hell to watch, but not the end all be all movies.
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2005-10-04, 11:28 PM #75
Originally posted by money•bie:
What happens if you don't want to be manly?

Then you're a metrosexual.
2005-10-04, 11:38 PM #76
At least it won't be hard for them for them to find vehicles that look like warthogs. :D
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-10-04, 11:52 PM #77
They'll probably end up using "the brand new H4" which will look exactly like a warthog.
>>untie shoes
2005-10-05, 12:00 AM #78
I didnt like the games too much (Didnt really have much fun), but I'll see the movie because I enjoy the concept.
2005-10-05, 11:52 PM #79
Originally posted by THRAWN:

Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']:o

And how many Thrawns have we got now? I've lost count! (i don't have the free time that i used to :( )
50000 episodes of badmouthing and screaming like a constipated goat cant be wrong. - Mr. Stafford
2005-10-06, 12:11 AM #80
I'm a big fan of Halo 1, I don't have an xbox so I could care less for halo2.

I'm still uneasy about there being a Halo movie because video game movies typicaly suck. but with Jackson and WETA one thing is certain, it'll be pretty.
On a Swedish chainsaw: "Do not attempt to stop chain with your hands or genitals."

↑ Up to the top!