Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → so i got robbed big deal!
so i got robbed big deal!
2005-10-06, 12:56 AM #1
well... over the last couple of days i lost my last lingering thread of faith in mankind, this last friday i went on a double date w/ my girl friend and her friend judy and and judy's boyfriend and we were just drivin around mindin our own business and these two kids w/ bats run off the curb and start smashing up the side of the car were in. we have no idea who they are, just some random a-holes. then last night my girl another friend and myself are walkin around the rich part of town late at night and the five guys jump out of the bushes and tell us we are being robbed, fortunatly none of us had any mony, all they took was my cell phone wich no longer works. but we did get a nice wanted flyer put out for two of them.

but anyways, i now have absolutly no faith left in this world.
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2005-10-06, 12:58 AM #2
...that's all it took? No offense dude, but there's some pretty awful stuff going on out there in the world. :p
2005-10-06, 1:00 AM #3
I just lost faith in humanity too. (The History channel feed went blank)
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-06, 1:12 AM #4
Originally posted by FancyMan:
I just lost faith in humanity too. (The History channel feed went blank)

damn... suddenly my week doesnt seem so bad... :p
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob
2005-10-06, 1:17 AM #5
Sorry to hear, dude.
2005-10-06, 1:33 AM #6
Meh.

Theres a kid that lives caddy corner from this house.

He is on house arrest, he's like... oohh I think he's like 15ish.

Anyways, he's on house arrest for SLASHING SOMEONES FACE... Apparently he was out slashing tires, someone caught him, pursuit was involved. When the guy had him cornered.. KERSLASH KERSLASH KERSLASH. Messed that poor dudes face up...

Atleast he'll have cool scars though. If I were him I'd make up a better story as to how he got them, though... "A 15 year old slashed my face" isn't as cool as "I was mugged."
2005-10-06, 1:51 AM #7
i would say i was attacked by a fierce tiger in darkest india! but thats just me... :(
2005-10-06, 5:47 AM #8
This is why you should pack heat. Then you can blast little kiddies with bats.

"But we're only playing tee-ball," my ***!
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-10-06, 7:22 AM #9
A friend was having a long holiday in Japan and China. After about 2 1/2 months he had many nice images on his digital camera.
He said he really learned how to pick good motives and he had really great pictures.
Then his camera was stolen. :(

He still has some pictures on another card, but they are from the beginning of the trip, where he didn't get too many good shots.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-10-06, 9:00 AM #10
I'm glad my friends are too huge for anyone to **** with. :o Now, if the robber had a gun or a knife, different story but I feel safe with my good ol' buddies. ;)
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-10-06, 10:01 AM #11
Now you see the wisdom of carying a large gun with you at all times. You never when the odd oppurtunity for a quick dm might pop up.

Some idiot recenty took my lawnmower from our garage. 200$ down the drain. If I ever find him he will suffer much pain.
2005-10-06, 10:06 AM #12
the sleepy little town full of antiques, thrift stores, and coffee places where I go to school, is supposedly the recruiting ground for 3 major gangs. I would never have believed it because really, there is nothing but antiques here, but 2 girls in my hall have been raped. don't feel so much safe with my friends since they're all girls too. I do put my trust in a nice can of mace though :)
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.
2005-10-06, 10:28 AM #13
I admire your optimistic pessimism. Buy a gun.
幻術
2005-10-06, 10:49 AM #14
Sorry to hear about that man, really are some muppets around. Cheeky ****s. Most trouble i tend to get is just people randomly calling you a **** as they go past and all that. They just want a fight, i probably piss them off more by smiling at them than if i told them to **** off.

People are lovely really :p

..yea :)
/fluffle
2005-10-06, 12:48 PM #15
Something like a portable mini-gun would work. Make sure it can penetrate a one inch slab of hardened steel.
2005-10-06, 12:51 PM #16
Look on the bright side, they didn't smash your face against the curb and rape your girlfriend.
2005-10-06, 1:04 PM #17
Man... that sucks. I just don't understand why people do these things. I mean... what did anyone do to that person to make them slash their tires, or key up their doors, or beat up their car? Honestly. I can imagine it:

[SCENE]
Criminal: Hmm. Bored. Guess I'll slash someone's tires.

*slash*

Criminal: Well, that wasn't fun. Perhaps I should smash a car window.

*smash*

Criminal: I think I'll just take this nice man's wallet.

Octogenarian: hhheelllllooooo yuuunggggsterrrrrr....

Criminal: *takes wallet* Hah! I sure showed him. Ooh, I could really go for a doughnut... *walks to Tim Horton's, buys doughnut*
[/SCENE]

I've deduced that people who do these things for no reason at all have exceptionally low IQs. Generally around the 0-45 range. That's the only reason I can think of.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-10-06, 1:08 PM #18
I just lost faith in a bunch of ninnies who can't see the light and realize that the jackasses out there are unimportant and eminently ignorable.

-_-
2005-10-06, 1:12 PM #19
Originally posted by Wolfy:
This is why you should pack heat. Then you can blast little kiddies with bats.

"But we're only playing tee-ball," my ***!

If it wasn't so damn hard to get a carry and conceal permit here, I would.
2005-10-06, 1:14 PM #20
Originally posted by Rob:
If it wasn't so damn hard to get a carry and conceal permit here, I would.

Hard, but not impossible.

Hah, you silly Americans and your silly gun laws.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
2005-10-06, 1:27 PM #21
Originally posted by Matterialize:
Hard, but not impossible.

Hah, you silly Americans and your silly gun laws.

"They will happily take your application money before denying
you the permit. The official policy is that you have to
*document* a special need to possess the pistol, and the
permit will be for just the times and places matching the
documented requirement. Unease over the local criminal
environment is not considered grounds for issuance, unless
you can document several recent assaults in your very
neighborhood (and even then you might not get the permit).
If it is a job requirement, generally you can get the
permit (although it will be limited to carry while on that
job)."

Living in a circle in the drain neighborhood, where kids slash peoples faces isn't a good enough reason.

http://www.packing.org/state/maryland/

I forgot where I copied the quote from now... ohh well.
2005-10-06, 3:13 PM #22
Yes, put a bullet in their leg, see how it makes them feel. :D
"DON'T TASE ME BRO!" lol
2005-10-06, 3:35 PM #23
This is why God gave man the ability to invent the stun gun.
SpamBlogger
- jak thomsun

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-06, 3:38 PM #24
did you not try and run over the people who were smashing in the car?

i'm sure parking on their skulls would have been legal with some creative excuses.
2005-10-06, 3:51 PM #25
[QUOTE=Mr. Stafford]did you not try and run over the people who were smashing in the car?

i'm sure parking on their skulls would have been legal with some creative excuses.[/QUOTE]
Anywhere between the Mississippi River and California's eastern border, "Self-defense". Anywhere else, you're screwed. See the news article about a guy paying a $2,000,000 settlement to a robber who cut himself on the glass shards while breaking into the guy's house?
SpamBlogger
- jak thomsun

2005-10-06, 4:05 PM #26
Anywhere between the Mississippi River and California's eastern border, "Self-defense". Anywhere else, you're screwed. See the news article about a guy paying a $2,000,000 settlement to a robber who cut himself on the glass shards while breaking into the guy's house?

bull****. If that's true, I'll personally pay that homeowner his 2 million back. I mean, I don't doubt that you may have heard that as a rumor somewhere, but turn your brain on for a moment. That would never happen.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-06, 6:48 PM #27
It happens all the time. Robbers have also had the cost of the weapons in armed robberies deducted from the fines they had to pay because they were "business expenses". One stupid robber also managed to lock himself in a family's garage while they were on vacation, and had to live off of dog food for several days, and won a large lawsuit after the family returned. This **** happens all the time. You better had a big checkbook, Freelancer.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-06, 6:51 PM #28
Originally posted by Freelancer:

bull****. If that's true, I'll personally pay that homeowner his 2 million back. I mean, I don't doubt that you may have heard that as a rumor somewhere, but turn your brain on for a moment. That would never happen.

I remember seeing the suit. It's true.
D E A T H
2005-10-06, 6:54 PM #29
Sources? ALot of things like that are pure urban legend.

And I hate when people say things like "I lost faith in humanity"... :rolleyes: Like you thought the world was full of angels before this or something.
2005-10-06, 6:56 PM #30
Meh, I lost my faith in humanity a long time ago. I wish the world would blow up already. It'd solve all our problems.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-10-06, 7:11 PM #31
Both incidents wouldn't have happened if you carried a gun.

There was a local story last week about an old man that got attacked at the gas station. He pulled a gun from his car, killed one attacker and seriously wounded another.

What happened to you is terrible, and it is very unfortunate that this world is sucking so bad.
2005-10-06, 7:12 PM #32
Um, usually carrying a gun around creates more problems than it solves. Like, what if the robbers have guns too? Is it worth the risk?
2005-10-06, 7:14 PM #33
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']Um, usually carrying a gun around creates more problems than it solves. Like, what if the robbers have guns too? Is it worth the risk?

Or what if the robber takes the gun off you and shoots you? Happens alot. Or what if you kill the guy and end up getting jailed? There's no self defence if the robber is unarmed, and even if you get off, it could mean alot of complicated legal proceedings and legal fees.
2005-10-06, 7:22 PM #34
You don't need a gun at all. Almost all too often, a swift punch to the nostrals will scare away petty robbers. Even telling them "No." and showing calm, but firm physical stances will cause almost all robbers to rethink their actions. Almost all robberies are done on a whim, and are rather insecure acts. The person isn't at all a proficient criminal, and if they were, street robberies would not be their goal. Even a threat towards them will usually save you.

This however, I wouldn't suggest. Unless they plan to take more than money, it's usually not worth it. However, when I'm walking my own city's streets, I'm usually a good enough judge of character that I can shove off most poor people who threaten for money, or even some of the teenagers who try pick-pocketing at the bus stations. One kid was digging through my backpack on my wheelchair on the bus. I turned around and told him I'd cut is ****ing fingers off with my pocket knife, and he got up and got off the bus. I don't think he was actually afraid of me, but the sudden jolt of reality tends to convince most people to back off.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-06, 7:22 PM #35
What if the robber is two or more people, and they have knives and baseball bats?
2005-10-06, 7:33 PM #36
Than you turn around and run. The only robber I wouldn't run from is a guy with a gun.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-06, 8:10 PM #37
I think that situation is from a movie.
2005-10-06, 8:48 PM #38
Originally posted by Axis:
What if the robber is two or more people, and they have knives and baseball bats?

Gimme your monEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETHUD

Stun gun FTW.
SpamBlogger
- jak thomsun

2005-10-06, 9:05 PM #39
Gimme your monEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETHUD

Stun gun FTW.

Best. weapon. ever.

But only the cop ones that shoot prongs..which are ridiculously expensive.
2005-10-06, 9:27 PM #40
Originally posted by Darth_Alran:
but anyways, i now have absolutly no faith left in this world.

Good.

↑ Up to the top!