Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → so i got robbed big deal!
so i got robbed big deal!
2005-10-06, 9:36 PM #41
you shoulda dropped your pants. :o
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-10-06, 9:45 PM #42
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
It happens all the time. Robbers have also had the cost of the weapons in armed robberies deducted from the fines they had to pay because they were "business expenses". One stupid robber also managed to lock himself in a family's garage while they were on vacation, and had to live off of dog food for several days, and won a large lawsuit after the family returned. This **** happens all the time. You better had a big checkbook, Freelancer.

I'm not scared, because I think you're full of it.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-06, 10:02 PM #43
Originally posted by Darkjedibob:
It happens all the time. Robbers have also had the cost of the weapons in armed robberies deducted from the fines they had to pay because they were "business expenses". One stupid robber also managed to lock himself in a family's garage while they were on vacation, and had to live off of dog food for several days, and won a large lawsuit after the family returned. This **** happens all the time. You better had a big checkbook, Freelancer.

http://www.snopes.com/legal/lawsuits.asp

That exact dog food story is there...

URBAN LEGENDS MY FRIEND...The justice system is ****ty, but nothing even close to that bad...it just would not fly in a court room. Your dreaming. Criminals cannot sue for things like that, and if they tried, it would be thrown out as a frivoulous lawsuit.
2005-10-07, 1:35 AM #44
yeah this is what happened with the getting robbed thing, me, my girl friend and her friend were walking around in a rather ritzy part of town late at night, we are walking past a park and there's lots of bushes along the road (i know kind of difficult to visualise) but, two guys appear right up ahead of us, then another one behind us, then two more cross over from the other side of the road, the guy who seemed to be there "leader" was like "you f*****s picked the wrong night, this is a robbery" they make me give them my wallet, (which for some reason i had just emptied of everything save my drivers liscense before we went walking) and they took our friends cell phone. (which actually didnt work anymore) so they take off and later on our walk back we find my wallet and the cell phone in the street, then we head to the police station and so on... if it had just been me, i could probably have bolted and gotten away easily (i run track and cross country) but i didnt want to bail on my girl friend and her friend... that just would not have been very nice of me. :o but yeah...
Welcome to the douchebag club. We'd give you some cookies, but some douche ate all of them. -Rob

↑ Up to the top!