Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Red Bull and other weird drinks.
Red Bull and other weird drinks.
2005-10-06, 5:56 PM #1
I was tired from studying today at the library, so I drove home. Along the way, I stopped at a deli and looked for some snack to eat. In the canned drinks section, I spotted cans of "Red Bull." Well, I didn't buy it because it was around $2.00 for a small can, and I don't trust wierd energy drinks. I never tried Red Bull before, and I heard the taste is horrible. But, for the next few days, I might get tired from studying and completing a big project, so I might need an energy boost in those long nights.

What does Red Bull do? Is it good or just Red Bull****?

By the way, I noticed more and more people (well, where I live, drinking this "vitamin water." I tried some myself and found it nasty and tasteless. What's so special about? Is it because it is saturated with vitamins or something? If I wanted a good amount of Vitamin C in a drink, couldn't I just get some tasty orange juice?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-06, 5:58 PM #2
I think it's totall pyscological, but it works for me.

Red bull sucks IMO. Good for mixing with Jager, but that's about it.

Go with Bawls for a kind of mild taste. Or IMO the best tasting one, one I'll get just because I like the taste, normal monster (green text)
2005-10-06, 5:59 PM #3
Red bull[snip]

All the other energy drinks are green bull****, so it is kinda special.
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-06, 6:01 PM #4
It's not psychological. You never notice stimulants unless you do dangerous amounts of them. Trust me, it works, but you'll never 'notice' it like you would say, heroin or alcohol.
D E A T H
2005-10-06, 6:02 PM #5
Bawls is delicious. I had Amp for the first time the other day, and that's pretty good too. Tastes a lot like Mountain Dew, more closely than I was expecting.

Otherwise, Tea and/or coffee are your friends.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-10-06, 6:03 PM #6
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
Bawls is delicious. I had Amp for the first time the other day, and that's pretty good too. Tastes a lot like Mountain Dew, more closely than I was expecting.

Otherwise, Tea and/or coffee are your friends.

Time for a little math, kiddies!
Here we go:
Coffee + Milk + Chocolate Syrup > All.
SpamBlogger
- jak thomsun

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-06, 6:06 PM #7
[QUOTE=Squirrel King]I think it's totall pyscological, but it works for me.

Red bull sucks IMO. Good for mixing with Jager, but that's about it.

Go with Bawls for a kind of mild taste. Or IMO the best tasting one, one I'll get just because I like the taste, normal monster (green text)[/QUOTE]
Yeah, definitly not psychological. Caffeine increases the rate that your nervous system functions, much the same as methamphatamines, but to a lower degree. It increases your heart rate, respiration, metabolic rate etc.
2005-10-06, 6:08 PM #8
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Yeah, definitly not psychological. Caffeine increases the rate that your nervous system functions, much the same as methamphatamines, but to a lower degree. It increases your heart rate, respiration, metabolic rate etc.[/QUOTE]

After experiencing both, Caffeine is MUCH worse than meth.
D E A T H
2005-10-06, 6:15 PM #9
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]After experiencing both, Caffeine is MUCH worse than meth.[/QUOTE]
NO...just no...I've also done both and you are just wrong.
2005-10-06, 6:16 PM #10
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]NO...just no...I've also done both and you are just wrong.[/QUOTE]

I've done both pure. Not in cokes, or in bawls, but pure, white powder and pure crystal. Trust me, Caffeine is worse. Meth just lasts longer.
D E A T H
2005-10-06, 6:19 PM #11
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]NO...just no...I've also done both and you are just wrong.[/QUOTE]

This explains a lot.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-06, 6:19 PM #12
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I've done both pure. Not in cokes, or in bawls, but pure, white powder and pure crystal. Trust me, Caffeine is worse. Meth just lasts longer.[/QUOTE]
Buddy, I've got friends who became so addicted to meth that they smoked it all day, every day, for at least a year. They went down to a hundred pounds, dropped out of school, did nothing but commit robberies for more meth...they are both clean now but must take pills everyday to control the serotonin levels in their brain and other problems they have. And what are you defining as worse?
2005-10-06, 6:19 PM #13
Everything works even better coupled with a smoke. Or two.
幻術
2005-10-06, 6:20 PM #14
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Buddy, I've got friends who became so addicted to meth that they smoked it all day, every day, for at least a year. They went down to a hundred pounds, dropped out of school, did nothing but commit robberies for more meth...they are both clean now but must take pills everyday to control the serotonin levels in their brain and other problems they have. And what are you defining as worse?[/QUOTE]

The effects, not the addiction :p
D E A T H
2005-10-06, 6:21 PM #15
Bawls is the way to go, though it's usually harder to find.
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-06, 6:22 PM #16
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]The effects, not the addiction :p[/QUOTE]
Ok, well I can tell you thats also wrong...Meth increases the rate of the nervous system much higher then caffeine. You either didn't do enough meth to get the full effect, or it was bunk stuff, cus meth is waaaay more intense then caffeine.

But enough of this junkie discussion...lol.

personally I'd rather drink coffee then energy drink.
2005-10-06, 6:26 PM #17
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]Ok, well I can tell you thats also wrong...Meth increases the rate of the nervous system much higher then caffeine. You either didn't do enough meth to get the full effect, or it was bunk stuff, cus meth is waaaay more intense then caffeine.

But enough of this junkie discussion...lol.

personally I'd rather drink coffee then energy drink.[/QUOTE]

Well according to personal experience and that thing with the spider webs, I'd say Caffeine is worse. Anyways...
D E A T H
2005-10-06, 6:47 PM #18
Bawls is, for a first timer, better than Red Bull. AND it's far more loaded. Although, I like the taste of red bull, a thing of mountain dew is always more than all other things, save coffee.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-10-06, 6:49 PM #19
Down a couple Bawls in a row and you're set for the night :p
$do || ! $do ; try
try: command not found
Ye Olde Galactic Empire Mission Editor (X-wing, TIE, XvT/BoP, XWA)
2005-10-06, 6:59 PM #20
Don't waste your $2 on amp and redbull even though they both taste damn good, buy these instead. They come in 16 oz cans instead of tiny 8.4 oz cans and they cost the same price.

Rockstar Energy Drink = A larger version of Redbull
Full Throttle Energy Drink = A larger version of Amp
Think while it's still legal.
2005-10-06, 7:00 PM #21
Rockstar looks and tastes like piss :p
2005-10-06, 7:01 PM #22
I already said it was just like redbull.
2005-10-06, 7:02 PM #23
Originally posted by saberopus:
Rockstar looks and tastes like piss :p

Truth. From experience.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-10-06, 7:07 PM #24
As far as weird drinks, has anyone tried that itallian pop called "Chinnoto"...If so, has anyone tried the kind in the brown can? Citrus and Herbs or something...anyways it tastes so much like alcohol its unbelievable.
2005-10-06, 7:08 PM #25
"Full Throttle" isn't disgusting.

And it seems to work a bit - when I pulled off 17 hour non-stop drive I had some of it along the way and perhaps maybe it did something. Hard to tell since I've done longer drives with no stimulants...
2005-10-06, 7:09 PM #26
Originally posted by Bender:

And it seems to work a bit - when I pulled off 17 hour non-stop drive I had some of it along the way and perhaps maybe it did something. Hard to tell since I've done longer drives with no stimulants...

YES! Full throttle is ****in delicious, and it has tons of caffeine.
2005-10-06, 7:16 PM #27
Quote:

I didn't say it was. I said it was a large version of amp, which I love :)
2005-10-06, 7:29 PM #28
I like my big cans of whoop *** :P
Mmmm.
2005-10-06, 7:35 PM #29
I want Afrikola or whatever that is. COCAINE FOR THE WIN
D E A T H
2005-10-06, 8:01 PM #30
Gay Fuel!
[http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/9881/can5aj.jpg]

Also, Red Bull is disgusting. Bawlz is pretty good. And energy drinks are mostly placebo.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-10-06, 8:03 PM #31
Bawls is aiight, I'm just not much of an overall energy drink fan. I like the Bawls bottle, however :)
2005-10-06, 8:19 PM #32
Hmm. Bawls. I got to try that. What does it look like? (Is it alright to google image that?)
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-06, 8:21 PM #33
I've heard a lot of people recommend Bawls. From people here, to the 'ol Screen Saver crew.

I do like Red Bull and Vodka though.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-06, 8:24 PM #34
Oh! Red bull donne vraiment des ailes!
Was cheated out of lions by happydud
Was cheated out of marriage by sugarless
2005-10-06, 8:27 PM #35
Echo, well to be save you could have just websearched and gone to their site, where they link to order it if you want to try it out too.

[http://www.a1nutritionproducts.com/graphics/Products/Bawls/bawls.jpg]
2005-10-06, 8:28 PM #36
I've tried Amp once after pulling an all-nighter, it helped a little, but not enough to justify paying two freakin' bucks for what, a six ounce can?
2005-10-06, 8:29 PM #37
Tub-O-Espresso
Just... say it.
SpamBlogger
- jak thomsun

2005-10-06, 8:29 PM #38
That's why you go with the 16 ounce less than $2 Monster..
2005-10-06, 8:30 PM #39
Black Tiger Milkshake, ftw.
2005-10-06, 8:33 PM #40
Originally posted by Ric_Olie:
Truth. From experience.

You've tasted piss?

↑ Up to the top!