Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Red Bull and other weird drinks.
Red Bull and other weird drinks.
2005-10-06, 8:34 PM #41
Originally posted by Chuckles:
You've tasted piss?

No.

>.>
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-10-06, 8:42 PM #42
A multiple B Vitamin, caffine, and sugar ware what the energy drinks offer you. If I need to stay up or need a boost, I pop one of the vitamins and drink a pepsi or a cup of coffee.
Pissed Off?
2005-10-06, 8:43 PM #43
I drink a can now and then if I don't have time to go get coffee, which tastes better IMO and has FAR less sugar. Snopes has a page with lots of good info on Red Bull, even if the main topic they begin by debunking is kind of silly. I was surprised to find out that multiple countries have banned it due to what they perceive as high caffeine content (including France!).

A little googling also revealed that Bawls contains 66.7mg of caffeine per 10oz bottle, while Red Bull has 80mg per 8oz can. Container might be larger but the contents are different. Couldn't find info for the other drinks mentioned (Rockstar etc.) but I didn't look terribly hard. Red Bull was easy to find because they have 50% of the market and Bawls is all over the internet because of their demographic.

A last note on RB - if you're vegetarian (or even vegan) it's an ok source of B vitamins if you can't be bothered to get tablets or whatever. RB is vegan friendly (another surprise from Snopes).
2005-10-06, 9:00 PM #44
Originally posted by Avenger:
A multiple B Vitamin, caffine, and sugar ware what the energy drinks offer you. If I need to stay up or need a boost, I pop one of the vitamins and drink a pepsi or a cup of coffee.

Yeah, except Red Bull sucks for it's content. The label its self is just...wrong.

Anyways, I suggest Bawl or Jolt Cola. That'll keep you up. Highly unhealthy though.
2005-10-07, 7:15 AM #45
I rarely, rarely drink coffee or energy drinks. So I guess the caffeine will affect me a bit more.

And what's good about Gatorade? Does it restore nutrients or something from exercise? The ads show people drinking during exercise, but few people seem to advise not to drink the stuff during sports.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-07, 9:01 AM #46
Originally posted by Echoman:
I rarely, rarely drink coffee or energy drinks. So I guess the caffeine will affect me a bit more.

And what's good about Gatorade? Does it restore nutrients or something from exercise? The ads show people drinking during exercise, but few people seem to advise not to drink the stuff during sports.

I heard that it is one of the best things to drink while your active, but I could be wrong.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-10-07, 9:15 AM #47
Originally posted by Echoman:

On the contrary, it replaces carbohydrates lost while excersizing, and some various vitamons, along with about 35mg of sodium, which is essential to your sweat. You will perform better IN THE LONG RUN drinking this.

But health experts and I both personally believe Water is always the best choice. Your kidneys can process water 90% better than any other drinks. I forgot what the total number of gallons were, but it's almost impossible to drink too much water. Water will be important for all aspects of your body.
2005-10-07, 10:44 AM #48
Originally posted by Anovis:
...but it's almost impossible to drink too much water. Water will be important for all aspects of your body.

This is only true if you spread out the intake of water throughout the day. Drinking a few large quantities of water throughout the day easily overwhelms the kidneys and can cause hyponatremia.
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-10-07, 10:46 AM #49
Well, I thought that would be common sense not to drink that much in so little time...but you're right.
2005-10-07, 12:15 PM #50
Ok listen up. I pull all-nighters regularly at my school. It is a well known fact that the best way to get through an all nighter is with the following equipment:

1. Two cans of Rockstar
2. A large bottle of Gatorade or Powerade
3. At least six packs of Ramen noodles
4. A pack of cigarettes

That is all you need. Drink something like Gatorade after the Rockstar because they really tend to dehydrate you. The cigs come in handy because they're a low level stimulant, but they also calm your nerves, and the ramen is good because you'll get decent sustainance from it to keep you going throughout the night.

Believe me, this is a tried and true formula for how to stay up as long as you could possibly need to. I mean days.
>>untie shoes
2005-10-07, 12:16 PM #51
Ha, you're going to be dead before your 25th birthday.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-10-07, 2:21 PM #52
Originally posted by Bill:
3. At least six packs of Ramen noodles

Hooray for enough sodium to kill a sea turtle!
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-10-07, 3:15 PM #53
Indeed. That's alot of noodles.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%

↑ Up to the top!