Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Nintendo might be the smart one..
Nintendo might be the smart one..
2005-10-09, 4:56 PM #41
[QUOTE=The Mega-ZZTer]Actually, you need to disable the wifi checksum checking first before you can load non-Nintendo apps over the wifi. To do this you need a hardware card (PassMe) that goes into the DS slot and allows for DS code to be executed from a GBA flash cart. Of course you need one of those too. Then you can load a firmware crack onto the flash cart to disable the checksum. THEN it becomes simple... but you need a specific wireless chipset to use the drivers for the DS.

Of course you can also run stuff off the flash card itself. It's just two different ways of loading homebrew stuff.

As a DS user, I'd say the PSP is better with homebrew stuff.[/QUOTE]
What are you on about? Get a linksys Wireless-G v2, get wifime, and get a ROM file. Run ROM file with Wifime. Turn DS on. Go to download play. Select. Play.

EDIT: Perhaps you're talking about the retarted blue DSs?
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-09, 5:25 PM #42
[QUOTE=Compos Mentis]This is why cavestory is one of the best games EVER[/QUOTE]

Yes.

PSP homebrew owns DS homebrew. I'm sorry, DS homebrew isn't even close. It's just one of those things.
D E A T H
2005-10-09, 5:26 PM #43
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Yes.

PSP homebrew owns DS homebrew. I'm sorry, DS homebrew isn't even close. It's just one of those things.[/QUOTE]
Show me a PSP homebrew game that isn't just a port or an emulator or a clone.
SpamBlogger
- jak thomsun

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-09, 5:28 PM #44
Originally posted by FancyMan:

what the **** does that matter?
you're dumb go away
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-10-09, 5:29 PM #45

There's no games that I know of (though I'll let CM show you), but the scene has many apps that make the use of the PSP much more versatile (for instance, CM listened to massassi radio through winamp while mowing his lawn on his PSP) and more fun to use. There are more emulators at the moment, and they run a lot better. Really, for a long time, it's going to own the DS homebrew scene. I think it will forever, because even though Sony's not making the PSP vid chip Open...they're hackers. Christ, they'll figure something out.
D E A T H
2005-10-09, 5:40 PM #46
Would it be better if Sony made the PSP open and allow homebrew games and software? I mean, better for business if they allowed modders use the capablities of the PSP and made it more popular?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-10-09, 5:50 PM #47
Originally posted by Echoman:
Would it be better if Sony made the PSP open and allow homebrew games and software? I mean, better for business if they allowed modders use the capablities of the PSP and made it more popular?

Much. As is, with the community homebrew thrives in it's insanely popular and I'd say most PSP users use the homebrew aspect more than they do the gaming aspect. Not to mention they recently cracked the full resolution video (which is a big deal). Sony's actually trying to play catchup with the homebrewers.
D E A T H
2005-10-09, 6:19 PM #48
One of the reasons they're against homebrew is the piracy going on. Especially with the title gripshift. The developers released a statement about it, saying they tracked 30,000 downloads of it...think about how much money they lost off of that?

They said they loved that it was that much demand, but it sucks because they lose sales...

I'm sure if you googled the article you could find it.
</sarcasm>
2005-10-09, 6:35 PM #49
[QUOTE=Compos Mentis]One of the reasons they're against homebrew is the piracy going on. Especially with the title gripshift. The developers released a statement about it, saying they tracked 30,000 downloads of it...think about how much money they lost off of that?

They said they loved that it was that much demand, but it sucks because they lose sales...

I'm sure if you googled the article you could find it.[/QUOTE]

Oh there's always going to be piracy, whether it's open or closed. BTW, you can't track downloads like that, because it's all bittorrent I'm sure, and even then you don't know how many people decided to buy it afterwards.
D E A T H
2005-10-09, 7:03 PM #50
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Oh there's always going to be piracy, whether it's open or closed. BTW, you can't track downloads like that, because it's all bittorrent I'm sure, and even then you don't know how many people decided to buy it afterwards.[/QUOTE]
you can track how many people downloaded the torrent though
</sarcasm>
2005-10-09, 7:05 PM #51
[QUOTE=Compos Mentis]you can track how many people downloaded the torrent though[/QUOTE]

I've downloaded a torrent many times before. I opened it instead of downloading and opening it.
D E A T H
2005-10-09, 7:20 PM #52
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I've downloaded a torrent many times before. I opened it instead of downloading and opening it.[/QUOTE]
There's still a GET being sent.
SpamBlogger
- jak thomsun

2005-10-09, 7:22 PM #53
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I've downloaded a torrent many times before. I opened it instead of downloading and opening it.[/QUOTE]

So you had the browser download the file to the cache instead of to a permanant location on the HD. Big deal. Downloading is downloading. You still get the data from the server. Whenever you get data from a server, that is still downloading. It doesn't matter what you do with the data on your local computer.

2005-10-09, 7:35 PM #54
Quote:
Nintendo isn’t even thinking about gamers. Nintendo is thinking of that vast, untapped market segment known as non-gamers and wondering how they can catch them. What those people like, and what they will buy, is something uncomplicated that just works for what they want to do.

Thats the trick.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2005-10-09, 7:38 PM #55
Those of you who are pissed off at the Revolution controller sucking obviously missed the announcement that GCN controllers have a plug in on the back.

That is all.
I had a blog. It sucked.
2005-10-09, 7:53 PM #56
Originally posted by Zloc_Vergo:
Those of you who are pissed off at the Revolution controller sucking obviously missed the announcement that GCN controllers have a plug in on the back.

That is all.

I hope that the Revolution natively supports Wavebirds so that I don't have to pop open the compartment and plug in the reciever. It doesn't even look like it will fit.
SpamBlogger
- jak thomsun

2005-10-09, 8:20 PM #57
I hope that the Revolution natively supports Wavebirds so that I don't have to pop open the compartment and plug in the reciever. It doesn't even look like it will fit.

edited cuz I'm dumb
but still yeah they will work
and they've said they have been working on something like the wavebird that's new...
</sarcasm>

↑ Up to the top!