Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → My upcoming funeral
My upcoming funeral
2005-10-16, 6:25 AM #1
I had these thoughts from time to time -

have some of you ever wondered, should you die right now, how your funeral would be? How would your family and friends react?

I don't want to die or something, just to make that clear. I'm not depressed and I live a sweet life. They're just everyday thoughts.

I often think about what friend or relative would be torn apart the most. What ex-girlfriend would cry the most? Who would sing at my funeral? How would people talk about me afterwards, in the streets? What memories of me would be shared? What nicknames, or funny story? What person would be unexpectedly shook up? How would I be remembered?

I used to think that I'm not a vain person. I don't do anything special with my hair, my looks and clothes are secondary to who I am, etc... now I know better.

I'm a vain, egocentrist ****er.

Most of these paragraphs even start with the word 'I'. 'Nuff said.

Seriously, are these strange thoughts to have? Anyone ever have them? If you have - are we sick people?
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
■■■■■■■■
enshu
2005-10-16, 6:29 AM #2
Man... that'd make a GREAT emo band name.
2005-10-16, 6:32 AM #3
If I died now

... I guess my funeral would be very typical, with some odd priest, relatives (even though some of them could be in Malaysia or something), some really big picture and very boring things. Probably.

However, I've always wanted to design my own funeral. Could turn out reaally nice.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-10-16, 6:34 AM #4
Oh, I forget.

I want to fake my death, so I can.. watch it later.

But I'd have like, Motley Crue play. Because I want my death to be *****IN'.

Infact, when people leave. They're going to throw up the horns and just be all "*****IN'!"
2005-10-16, 6:37 AM #5
Funerals are a waste of a perfectly good corpse. I have my doner card, harvesting all of my organs up for anyone that needs them. I'd also like the remaining body to be used for something useful, like training for medical students or something.
If people need a rotting carcass to remember me by, then I think I've lived a rather shallow life.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-10-16, 6:45 AM #6
Good point, however I would probably get my body burned and then 'sploded on fireworks or something. Or a nuclear bomb. Now that would rock.
2005-10-16, 6:45 AM #7
Originally posted by Mort-Hog:
Funerals are a waste of a perfectly good corpse. I have my doner card, harvesting all of my organs up for anyone that needs them.

Are you familiar with Döner Kebap in England?
2005-10-16, 6:49 AM #8
Originally posted by FastGamerr:
However, I've always wanted to design my own funeral. Could turn out reaally nice.

That would be a good idea, but then your funeral would be postponed time and again, and end up not being held at all.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-10-16, 7:18 AM #9
Last thing I'd want is for my family and friends to get all weepy in a church. I'd rather they rent somewhere really fancy with a cocktail bar, play my favourite music really loud, eat loads of nice food, and get totally plastered in my honor. That'd be my kind of funeral.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-10-16, 7:28 AM #10
What Spork said.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-10-16, 7:48 AM #11
Originally posted by Krokodile:
That would be a good idea, but then your funeral would be postponed time and again, and end up not being held at all.

Damn!
2005-10-16, 8:14 AM #12
Well, my family owns a funeral business so the thought doesn't really bother me...
2005-10-16, 8:21 AM #13
We held funerals for ourselves in my college Psychology class one day.

Somebody brought doughnuts to celebrate.

It was oddly fun.
"Art is a lie that makes us to realize the truth."
- Pablo Picasso

blog thingamajig
2005-10-16, 8:37 AM #14
Funerals are a waste of a perfectly good corpse. I have my doner card, harvesting all of my organs up for anyone that needs them. I'd also like the remaining body to be used for something useful, like training for medical students or something.

"We're here to take your liver."

"W-well, I'm using it!"
2005-10-16, 8:38 AM #15
I want a cavernous church, a big funeral parade, tons of people, a dirge band, and something to do with explosives, like maybe firing me from a huge cannon at the sun.

If you haven't noticed, I like epic, and somehow I feel that one's funeral should be the greatest summation of his life.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2005-10-16, 8:39 AM #16
Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
I want a cavernous church, a big funeral parade, tons of people, a dirge band, and something to do with explosives, like maybe firing me from a huge cannon at the sun.

If you haven't noticed, I like epic, and somehow I feel that one's funeral should be the greatest summation of his life.

Agreed.
2005-10-16, 8:39 AM #17
Yeah, Mort-Hog, you do realize that you have to be dead to donate your organs?
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-10-16, 9:18 AM #18
If people need a rotting carcass to remember me by, then I think I've lived a rather shallow life.

Anyone think of the game Bodyharvest 64 when you saw this?
2005-10-16, 9:23 AM #19
Originally posted by Impi:

I thinkhe knows that. :confused:
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-10-16, 9:28 AM #20
Originally posted by Impi:

He's talking about after he dies...

He basically said that after someone dies, saving the corpse is useless, and that (in his opinion) it's better to use the organs that are able to be salvaged for donation for those who may need them, and, what ever may be left should be put to whatever possible use that may serve some greater purpose.

Or at least that's what i got out of it.
2005-10-16, 11:26 AM #21
I was driving past a cemetary yesterday that had a sign advertising their new Mausoleum specials. I turned to my friend and said, "I really don't care what happens after I die so why should I spend money on it?" Seriously, I would be fine with them chucking my corpse in the trash heap.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-10-16, 11:51 AM #22
Does anyone watch Robot chicken? I want the Walt Disney treatment.

"Did he really say it should be done with a chainsaw?"
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-16, 11:52 AM #23
I want whoever is my significant other at the time to climb onto my funeral pyre (yes, I'l have one) and either masturbate, stab herself, or both in front of the entire congregation right before it goes up in flames.
The congregation, not the pyre.
And then the pyre.
I want to sacrifice everyone I know.

-Or maybe just a small memorial and cremation.
2005-10-16, 12:00 PM #24
Ill be dead. I wont care. They could throw my naked corpse off the back of a speeding truck onto the side of a highway as far as Im concerned.

I have no shame now, why should that change after Ive bit the bucket?
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-10-16, 12:02 PM #25
Be burned in a forest where tons of fireworks are going on nearby so the whole forest can burn down as well and the entire village rot with me...
Nothing to see here, move along.
2005-10-16, 12:09 PM #26
I've still got this whole plan of "living forever". So far, so good.

But yeah... funerals... I dunno. I'd want something that's short and simple.
Stuff
2005-10-16, 12:10 PM #27
I'd rather be cremated than be buried in some 1k coffin god knows where. Funerals, the traditional way, are very expensive. Cremation is definitely the way to go. Better, yet, it would be nice if my corpse could be put to some use, such as harvesting my organs. No one would have anything to say at my funeral anyway; they'd just be making up **** about me to make me sound good (just like 90% of current funerals). Far better to actually DO something USEFUL when I die.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-10-16, 1:13 PM #28
I want my body to be placed in the Body Farm at UTK.
omnia mea mecum porto
2005-10-16, 1:20 PM #29
I want to be be burnt and either scattered at sea to feed the fish or scattered in a forest to feed the trees.
2005-10-16, 1:30 PM #30
Choreographed, broadway style.

Poll-bearers twirling and switching sides of the coffin, while others do the cheesy broadway gang finger snapping. Live big band music etc.

My mates know of this request too.
nope.
2005-10-16, 1:30 PM #31
I want to be embalmed and put in a random closet in a grade school to scare little kids. :em321:
2005-10-16, 1:37 PM #32
"Cryogenically frozen until resurrection is possible" is my second choice.
SpamBlogger
"u r dumb, stop or ill sue u
- jak thomsun

p.s. ur gay" - Victor Van Dort

New disclaimer - Any brain damage suffered as a result of typographical errors is the reader's liability.
2005-10-16, 2:27 PM #33
A cardboard box would be enough for me, I don't want my family to spend loads of money on me after my death.
2005-10-16, 2:32 PM #34
I was talking about this with someone the other day. I'd probably want to be cremated, put in an urn, then chucked into my family's plot in NJ. (Can't have that beautiful little piece of land going to waste now, can we?) I don't know about my funeral. Something cheap and with good food.
"Ford, you're turning into a penguin. Stop it."
2005-10-16, 3:01 PM #35
I want to be cremated and then have my ashes baked into loaves of bread, which my friends and family members subsequently eat.
2005-10-16, 3:30 PM #36
To be vaporized by the activation splash of the Stargate.

Or, die in a way where there is no body left. Just bury my figures in my place and I will haunt anyone who comes to take them!
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-10-16, 4:28 PM #37
Attachment: 7841/alilbtdii6.jpg (94,571 bytes)
I'm just a little boy.
2005-10-17, 4:14 AM #38
I love that comic, definitely one of the better lessons learned (it's been not so good lately).

I would be satisfied with just having the body dumped somewhere, not like I'll be using it. Unfortunately there are probably laws against doing so, so I'll probably just be cremated since it's relatively cheap. I don't care if there's a funeral or not, other people can mourn me if/how they choose. I've never liked funerals and end up having to deal with emotions/absence/etc. on my own afterwards anyway.
2005-10-17, 5:07 AM #39
I've never really thought about my funeral other than I don't want it to be all tears. I mean, it's meant to be a celebration of one's life, you're not supposed to cry at a celebration.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2005-10-17, 5:10 AM #40
Cept for the smokers they take about 10 years off their lives... but oh well those years are just full of insanty and crapping yourself anyways...

↑ Up to the top!