Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Aliens, hallucinogenic drugs and the origin of humans
Aliens, hallucinogenic drugs and the origin of humans
2005-10-17, 3:24 PM #1
http://news.scotsman.com/features.cfm?id=2068802005

So the druggies are actually experiencing life from aliens, our creators. If that were true, why is it then these South American Indians still live primitive lives if they take these drugs and can "contact" this higher power?
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-10-17, 3:26 PM #2
Because true enlightenment doesn't require the latest technology, money, or material posessions.
2005-10-17, 3:28 PM #3
Originally posted by Rob:
Because true enlightenment doesn't require the latest technology, money, or material posessions.

Burrrrn!
2005-10-17, 3:33 PM #4
.'/
2005-10-17, 3:36 PM #5

True. Very true.

However, the article discusses how these people could be trying to contact us to tell us about them. If they were "enlightened" they would not have had the technology to build a craft to send the DNA to this planet.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2005-10-17, 3:36 PM #6
Quote:
It was a typical scene which many describe as an alien abduction.

Ha. I now wonder how many "alien abductions" reported also happened to occur right after taking drugs, which the taker would conveniently omit in any report.

2005-10-17, 4:01 PM #7
HELP!

I ate a magic mashroom and some grey alien started banging me from behind!

Mommy it hurts!!! :gbk:
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-10-17, 4:05 PM #8
Yes... I'm sure that hallucinogenic substances give us the ability to see fairies from another dimension. Couldn't possibly be that they're just, oh, distorting our perceptions or something.

Yeah. That's real plausible.
Stuff
2005-10-17, 4:07 PM #9
Dude...drugs are some people's religion.

Think shamans.
2005-10-17, 4:11 PM #10
And my religion is luuuuve.
Stuff
2005-10-17, 4:12 PM #11

So basicly, true enlightenment is just an excuse for being a looser?
2005-10-17, 4:21 PM #12
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet:
So basicly, true enlightenment is just an excuse for being a looser?

So basically you're an idiot because you were born that way?
2005-10-17, 4:48 PM #13
[url]www.elftrance.com[/url]

:rolleyes:
2005-10-17, 4:55 PM #14
Bahh read more carefully

Quote:
"In brief, what he said was that after the Big Bang, life did not evolve first on Earth. At the far side of the universe, another civilisation developed, a highly advanced civilisation who surpassed the stage we have currently reached. He asserted that in some way their world became threatened - global warming, or some such catastrophic event - and so they devised a way to pass on their existence. They genetically-modified their DNA and sent it out from their planet on bacteria, with the hope that it would collide with another planet. It did, and that's why we're here." What Hancock goes onto explain is that the DNA was encoded with messages from that other civilisation.

They programmed the molecules so that when we reached a certain level of intelligence, we would be able to access their information, and they could therefore "teach" us about ourselves, and how to progress.

That's his hypothesis. .. the opening is a bit unclear, because the "parallel dimension" being described is in fact the stuff "encoded into the DNA" and not like another "dimension" as in physics type dimension.

Not that I agree. It's interesting, though, and not ridiculous enough to warrant instantscorn (tm)
一个大西瓜
2005-10-17, 5:36 PM #15
So basically you're an idiot because you were born that way?

You really couldn't tell that that entire subject was meant to be humorous? Were you just born with no sence of humor? How sad.
2005-10-17, 6:39 PM #16
You really couldn't tell that that entire subject was meant to be humorous? Were you just born with no sence of humor? How sad.

Sense. And it has more to do with you sound like some old fart idiot who doesn't know **** about the world than even the oldest of our members, because you're a close-minded little brat who thinks he knows everything.
D E A T H
2005-10-17, 6:44 PM #17
Ahhh, so the open minded intelligent people are the ones who flame people at the slightest provocation. Is there an election going on that I don't know about?
2005-10-17, 6:46 PM #18
GUYS, GUYS

It's "closed-minded." Not "close-minded."

Yeesh.
2005-10-17, 6:47 PM #19

;)
2005-10-17, 6:48 PM #20
Ahhh, so the open minded intelligent people are the ones who flame people at the slightest provocation. Is there an election going on that I don't know about?

No, the open, intelligent ones are the people who have a larger vision beyond your pathetically limited view on life. People who think money and material possessions are important in any way, or someone show a man's character, are completely worthless, you included.
2005-10-17, 6:56 PM #21
It's as plausible, if not more so, as creationism.
2005-10-17, 6:59 PM #22
Wow. So even after I explain that it was a joke, you persist in flaming me? No one even said what the enlightenment was in. The Obi flame squad must be making some sort of a come back. Oddly enough, I haven't participated in any theological/political threads lately. I don't really even like Bush anymore.

You know, the difference between you flaming me now and you flaming me 10 months ago, is 10 months ago I almost cared. If you had a bad day there’s no need to take it out on random forum members.
2005-10-17, 6:59 PM #23
[QUOTE=Raoul Duke]No, the open, intelligent ones are the people who have a larger vision beyond your pathetically limited view on life. People who think money and material possessions are important in any way, or someone show a man's character, are completely worthless, you included.[/QUOTE]

Sooommmebody's insecure! :p

Seriously, cool it dude. You're making our side look bad. :\
2005-10-17, 7:02 PM #24
Originally posted by 'Thrawn[numbarz:
']Sooommmebody's insecure! :p

Seriously, cool it dude. You're making our side look bad. :\

And who the **** said we wanted to associate with you?

The open-minded side doesn't denounce someone just because they do something so trivial as drugs, especially hallucinagens.
D E A T H
2005-10-17, 7:05 PM #25
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]And who the **** said we wanted to associate with you?

The open-minded side doesn't denounce someone just because they do something so trivial as drugs, especially hallucinagens.[/QUOTE]

"Hey Yoshi, shut up! I'm sick of listening to you, you pathetic ****ing excuse for a human being!"

See? It's dumb and annoying, not to mention totally counterproductive. And I'm not denouncing anyone.
2005-10-17, 7:07 PM #26
Yosh, you are making a logical falacy. You are assuming everyone sees taking drugs as "trivial" which is not the case for me and many other people.

2005-10-17, 7:13 PM #27
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]And who the **** said we wanted to associate with you?

[/QUOTE]

Good lord, get a grip.
2005-10-17, 7:16 PM #28
And while we're on the subject of open-mindedness, I have a new idea that I'm sure Yoshi and Hunter there will be keen to calmly evaluate.

Ready? Here it is.

Obi_Kwiet is a good person, and truly believes he is in the right.

Now, supposing for a moment that this is true, how on earth do you expect to change his mind about anything by viciously attacking and insulting him? This is the attitude that is responsible for the entire mess of a political situation in America. If you want someone to agree with you, you don't yell at them, you try to PERSUADE them. The only people you can rightfully attack are people you know have immoral motives. If Obi_Kwiet really is as closed-minded as you say (which I'm not touching right now) then spewing wrathful, poorly-spelled posts at him is only going to make him believe you're wrong.

Oh yeah, and we're not denouncing them because they're going on drug trips. We're denouncing them because they're saying "OMG ALIENS"
2005-10-17, 7:17 PM #29
At first I thought this would be about Scientology.

(wow all kinds of arguing broke out between me opening the thread and eventually posting)
2005-10-17, 7:21 PM #30
Originally posted by saberopus:
Good lord, get a grip.

**** off. I don't need another person judging me. You act like I've gone insane--I'm sick of kissing people's asses.

MZZT--I said anyone who sees drug users as losers are closed-minded fools. At least that's what I meant to say. If you got anything else other than that then I'm sorry for coming off the wrong way.

Thrawn--I don't want to ASSOCIATE with you. I don't think you understand that. Not to mention, I don't care if it's counterproductive. Deal.
D E A T H
2005-10-17, 7:24 PM #31
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]**** off. I don't need another person judging me. You act like I've gone insane--I'm sick of kissing people's asses.

MZZT--I said anyone who sees drug users as losers are closed-minded fools. At least that's what I meant to say. If you got anything else other than that then I'm sorry for coming off the wrong way.

Thrawn--I don't want to ASSOCIATE with you. I don't think you understand that. Not to mention, I don't care if it's counterproductive. Deal.[/QUOTE]
A ****IN MEN. I was trying to think of something very similar to say but couldnt say whats on my mind. I'm just sick of people on here acting like we are all a group of friends or something. Its the goddamn internet. I'm not going to be polite. I also don't care if it's counterproductive..>I'm not on here to sway minds.. and its just as impossible to do that with careful logic as it is with simple flaming, so I may as well choose the latter and get my anger out at the same time.
2005-10-17, 7:24 PM #32
What the hell is up with the forums lately? Seriously. Just.... here. This guy said it better:

[http://spamusement.com/gfx/139.gif]
Stuff
2005-10-17, 7:25 PM #33
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]**** off. I don't need another person judging me. You act like I've gone insane--I'm sick of kissing people's asses.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, seems like everyone's against you doesn't it? :p

[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Thrawn--I don't want to ASSOCIATE with you. I don't think you understand that.[/QUOTE]

What's to understand? You don't want to "associate" with me. So what?

[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]Not to mention, I don't care if it's counterproductive. Deal.[/QUOTE]

I am. This is how I "deal." :)
2005-10-17, 7:50 PM #34
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]**** off. I don't need another person judging me. You act like I've gone insane--I'm sick of kissing people's asses.
[/QUOTE]

I'm tempted to post something like "Whoa there champ, cool your jets", but that's just as stupid and confrontational as you're being. What? You don't like nonconfrontational pansies? Most people don't like overly aggressive folks who feel the need to lash out at others who question their beliefs... Of course, I didn't even do that... I actually didn't judge you at all, just asked for a bit of calm. And I don't think you've gone insane in any way, despite your (misdirected?) rage.

[edit]

upon rereading my post, i'm aware that i did so in a quite unfriendly way, and I apologize :/.

[/edit]
2005-10-17, 7:51 PM #35
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]

The open-minded side doesn't denounce someone just because they do something so trivial as drugs, especially hallucinagens.[/QUOTE]

As you are obviously the one being so open minded!
2005-10-17, 7:53 PM #36
Let's all stop fighting and have some alien secks
2005-10-17, 8:38 PM #37
[QUOTE=Unknown User]As you are obviously the one being so open minded![/QUOTE]

I am. I don't see how your sarcasm is supposed to be funny or even make any sense. Honestly. I thought like him...when I was in 8th grade. Drugs don't make losers, personalities do.
D E A T H
2005-10-17, 8:44 PM #38
ATTENTION JERKS;

Quit saying something was a joke, after the fact. Especially when it obviously wasn't a joke.

Also, saying something is a joke doesn't matter if the joke sucks more *** than an enema machine.

That is all.
2005-10-17, 8:46 PM #39
[QUOTE=Dj Yoshi]I am. I don't see how your sarcasm is supposed to be funny or even make any sense. Honestly. I thought like him...when I was in 8th grade. Drugs don't make losers, personalities do.[/QUOTE]

Newsflash, drugs dont make you cool either.
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.
2005-10-17, 8:47 PM #40
Originally posted by MBeggar:
Newsflash, drugs dont make you cool either.

*SNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFF*

Hold on.. since when?

↑ Up to the top!